Bev - Round 2

Sounds like your doing ok Bev, a loss and then STS is fab :) How'd badminton go tonight? x

Badminton match was really good. We lost 8-1 overall, which isn't really a surprise. They were a B team and we are a C team. The one game that we won was one that I played with another lady, really pleased with that. The men apologised saying that they let us down, they didn't do brilliantly, losing one of them 21-3! Another of my games went to 3 ends too, shame we lost that third one. Good night overall though. I have got a really sore shoulder today though. It's similar to what I had in January but not so bad. My movement is a little limited and lifting my arm up high is impossible. I will ice it tonight and it should get better in a couple of days.

My shoulder is a little better today but definitely no badminton for me tomorrow night!! I'm having real trouble tying my hair back for work. My arm just doesn't want to go up that high or back that far! It's not good. I had this before but a lot worse. Hoping it will ease a lot by weekend.

Not on any bars at the moment, just can't seem to do it.

Had an email earlier asking if I could partner someone in the badminton County Championships this weekend cos his partner has pulled out. I can't believe I was even asked. I would be well out of my league playing those or so I reckon. I had to say no cos of my shoulder though, it's not quite right yet but if I could I probably would have played. County Championships!! Really chuffed I was even asked!

Last edited:
Wow! Kudos to you for being asked! You must have made an impression! Bummer about your shoulder though :( . My husband had a bad shoulder twice, he had a cortisone injection each time and it never came back after the second time! Have you seen the doc? X

Aw wow! Check you out being asked! Shame you can't play tho :( x

Had a match on Tuesday night and we won 7-2. I won all 3 of my games so was really chuffed. The men said they let us down again, they lost 2 of theirs. We won all 3 mixed and all 3 ladies (come on the ladies!!) and 1 of the mens. At least we got a win which we are all really pleased about. I have club tonight and next Thursday and then match on Friday night. We are playing are A team so will get beaten badly but we will give them a good fight that's for sure!!

Diet's gone out the window (again!!). Don't know why I keep doing this to myself. I am so useless at sticking to anything lately. I'm thinking about given exante another go but not sure if I will be able to stick to it (like the last attempt). I'll see.

I wish I had the answer Bev I really do! We need our heads banging together sometimes I think!!

Well done on all the badminton successes. That must help - all that running around, surely!

How's the shoulder? X

How's the shoulder now Bev?

Well done to the ladies on the badminton! :)
If only we knew why we did this to ourselves! I blame the weather ATM haha x

Same here bev - why is it so hard for us to find a happy weight and stay there and not have 2 keep putting ourselves through TFR :(

Thanks ladies!!

My shoulder is still fine. I played on thursday night and it was fine. Have club on thursday then a match friday where I'm captain! First one too!! I have not enjoyed being captain one bit. All the pressure to get a team together, I feel guilty asking people and I've been stressing about it so much!! I'm definitely not going to do it again next year, no way! I go to sleep worrying about it and wake up thinking about it. That's not good. Get this season out of the way and then I am definitely pulling out.

Had a really lazy weekend which was lovely. We had nothing planned and didn't do much either, great! Can't wait for the next one already.

Reigning in my food a bit over the last few days, feeling a little more controlled, which I really need.

Lost 1lb this week, really pleased about that. I have been trying to be more sensible and cutting out some snacks, which seems to have worked. I will definitely keep it up this week.

Had a nice relaxed weekend but back to it today. Why do the weekends go so fast??

Hi Bev- well done on the loss :)

I'm refeeding this week am hoping to lose a lb too x

Well done Bev - 1lb is not to be sniffed at!! x

Definitely not to be sniffed at!! If I could lose that each week I would be very happy!! Slow and steady is what I am aiming for. I really don't want to go back to TFR again (and again, and again and again!). I have been looking into the JUDD diet, seems interesting. Not sure whether to try it though. We'll see. I'll see how this cutting down does and how I cope with it first.

Got a call last night to see if I could play in a tournament this weekend. I said no. I have club thursday night and a match on friday night so don't want to overdo it. Hubby said it would be nice to see me over the weekend too, bless him!! He's very supportive of me playing badminton but just doesn't want me to go mad.

I'm really tired lately, not sure why. I really don't want to get out of bed and when I do I'm yawning all morning. What's wrong with me lately? Me and hubby have a couple of days off at the beginning of November so hopefully a couple of extra lay-ins will recharge my batteries. I have 11 days off in a row over christmas so hopefully that will help too. So glad my bosses have decided to close the office over christmas this year, I really need it.

All sorts of dieting are out the window at the moment, don't know what's wrong with me!! I am looking into doing the JUDDD diet. Sounds interesting and I can see how you would stick to it. Lisa's doing really well on it too so that's encouraging. Might give it a go once I've looked into it a bit more!

Yes it does sound interesting I agree. Might look at that myself after this little stint I'm halfway through now and a weekend away at the beginning of December. It's really horrible when you can't stick to stuff isn't it?! X

Just doing my own sort of thing at the moment. Trying to really cut down on snacks during the day at work and being sensible in the evening. During the day I'm fine, it's just when I get home that I struggle with. Not been too bad though so fingers crossed for weigh in this weekend!

Good luck with that Bev. Look forward to seeing how you get on. I know I keep saying it but I'd love to understand why we do this to ourselves. Why we got this way, why we can't seem to find a permanent solution, what keeps us on this treadmill - well it's not so much a treadmill as a hamster wheel coz we all keep going round in circles don't we? And we're all the same! That's the weird thing. ***BIG SIGH*** xx

Back