Bex's diary....

That's great! Well done xx

Not feeling brilliant, haven't lost anything for days and starting to wonder whether to switch to Dukan. Am going to carry on for a few more days and cut out the diet fizzy drinks in the evenings, otherwise I can't see what else could be stalling me! :(

im confused 1 day ago you said you had lost 3lbs and now you say you havent lost anything over the last couple of days?

Don't judge losses by days, judge by weeks. 2lbs a week is about average for Atkins and I think also for Dukan once you're in cruise so you're doing well.

That was my average for last week, taking into account the pound I put back on. I haven't managed to shift that one even. I know I'm impatient and can't help weighing every day, trying to figure out what food and drink might have an effect day to day....we'll see.:sigh:

I quite often seem to gain a pound a day or two after WI, always for no reason. It's just a water fluctuation. The scales aren't your friend when you look at them too often.

diet drinks effect me,i think the bars do,
and i'm not sure on chees,also not drinking enough water keeps me playing with the same 1/2 a pound.

The diet drinks haven't made a difference, I don't think....will try cutting out cheese next although don't eat a lot. Had a picnic today which was all fine but I gave in and ate 8 raspberries! I hate feeling guilty because I've eaten a little bit of fruit....I love fruit so much, especially in the summer. Will be gutted if that causes me a problem. Starting to wonder if I can really stick at this long term but want to give it long enough to really know. How long will that be though I'm wondering!!!??:confused:

Hi Becky, just found your diary :)

Hello! Not been too much to report lately I'm afraid! Still plodding on though....Back on induction from yesterday until the end of the month, see if I can shake off this stall. Although have overall been really good, apart from a few glasses wine for special party Saturday night.

Thought I'd post a typical day, can anyone suggest where I might be going wrong?

Brekkie: Huge green tea with hard boiled egg

Lunch: Can of tuna/couple chicken legs/pepparami if at work with lettuce, cuc, radish and spring onion. Maybe mayo or french dressing.

Dinner: Pork chop/steak/burger/chicken skewers with either broc, cauli, courgette or cabbage. Sometime bit of green salad as well to fill up plate.

Snacks are either 3 or 4 brazil nuts (it says o.k in new book!) or a slice of ham wrapped around small cube of cheese. Don't tend to bother with any sweet substitutes like sf jelly and have only had 2 atkins bars in 4 weeks. Have dropped the diet coke and sugar free squash. Overall I have 3 big cups of green tea and a decaff black coffee after dinner. And I always drink 2 x of the 1.5 litre volvic bottles of water a day.

Any suggestions for things I could do different to get things moving? :):):)

Blimey, not sure I can squeeze in more than 3 litres! Although if I do have a glass of wine at the weekend I drink a pint of water per glass to flush it all through. Wish I had a downstairs loo.....mind you running up and down the stairs is good exercise!

I'm not sure I like the new book myself, in the '72 version nuts were not allowed on induction

Maybe thats another thing to try cutting out. I started on old book. Then got a bit bored and found the new book in library!

Finally hit the magic 200lbs! Have settled into the OWL style of eating, having a slightly wider variety of veg and a tiny bit of fruit, raspberries etc. Finding it easier to be strict during the week still though. Had to have the champers on Friday! Have finally booked our summer holiday now so the clock's really ticking so determined to carry on.....:)

Owl sounds good - keep going! Probably without too much champagne! Lol

LOL Morning Bex love

Another 4 lbs off! Have been super strict this week. Shouldn't have weighed until the weekend really but couldn't resist it. Think I came out of ketosis after Royal Wedding day but went back to induction straight away and back on track! Will hang on another couple of days and ease back into OWL again. Was tempted by Dukan for a while, and still feel like cutting back on the fat a bit, but can't argue that its working at the moment! Next target is to lose 7 more pounds by May school half term. Desperate to go back to bellydancing classes after that! :)

Back