Bex's diary....

Well done Becky - that's great:)
Have you been bdancing long? I love it and just back from my regular thu evening class altho i often manage to sneak a mon lunch class too :D

Another 4 lbs off! Have been super strict this week. Shouldn't have weighed until the weekend really but couldn't resist it. Think I came out of ketosis after Royal Wedding day but went back to induction straight away and back on track! Will hang on another couple of days and ease back into OWL again. Was tempted by Dukan for a while, and still feel like cutting back on the fat a bit, but can't argue that its working at the moment! Next target is to lose 7 more pounds by May school half term. Desperate to go back to bellydancing classes after that! :)

But at this rate you won't have any belly to shake :D

I did it for 2 years but have had a break for about a year. I really miss it! I stopped when my teacher stopped her improvers classes due to lack of interest. I didn't want to go back to beginners so really need to start looking for another class. Its the biggest thing motivating me at the moment, having a belly with the right amount of wobble! The bottom and boobs aren't too bad but my belly hasn't seen the light of day since I was a child! My big reward if I get to goal will be a fabulous sparkly cabaret style outfit!

How long have you been dancing Katie? Do you ever perform?

Hi Becky
Been doing for about 3 yrs and intermediate. Agree the key is to find the right class!

We do student haflas every 9 months or so which i really enjoy as only performing to family and friends of students. My dream is to be courageous enough to bare my belly. Next hafla is october - if im at goal i promised to go for it - still worried about left over impact of baby - but you know that's not very easy to diet those away;)

Upside if i lose more weight - i can buy lots of pretty outfits:D

I know just how you feel. I feel like I'm dealing with the excess fat o.k, its the stretch marks from pregnancy that bother me! Not a nice , image, sorry! I'm not sure after 7 years there's much I can do but might try bio oil. The group I'm thinking of joining in Worthing perform loads, once a month for a local arts group, and then for loads of charity events and fairs. They're often seen down at the seafront too. Just not feeling ready for that yet!

Put on a pound yesterday! How frustrating! The only thing I did differently was I had my first mim, a chocolate one. But I only ate half of it as it was so filling! I wonder if it could have been down to that....

Probably not Becky, your weight will fluctuate sometimes, it happens love

Thanks Jim, I just can't break the daily weighing habit! I've got a party next Saturday so I'm going to try the Dukan style pure protein for a few days to see if I can kickstart things again. I'm finding I can't face high fat foods at the moment anyway and the idea of maintaining with a pure protein day a week appeals to me. Its a mixture of curiosity and impatience I'm afraid!

Hi Becky, good luck testing what works for you. Be careful you dont get bored/annoyed with a very restricted protein diet - atkins is slow steady and YUMMY;)

Morning Becky, I quite like the look of Dukan, but it wasn't around when I started Atkins

I can only give it a try and see I guess! I have a feeling that what might suit me best would be a combination of the 2 really! Lower fat but with a bigger variety of veg and fruit, but I guess it doesn't work that way! I'll keep up my diary here and may well be back to full on atkins when the cheese cravings start! Although I'm guessing there could be some weight gains if I try to switch back again. Right now I'm really enjoying the yoghurts and the normal tea with skimmed milk in....:)

I tried Dukan just because I was craving yoghurt (it's the only dairy I have) but when I discovered you could only have vanilla, plain or toffee and even then only certain ones it was pointless for me.

I'm sure I'll get sick of them pretty quickly! Just like I did with the cheese and bacon! I must have a very low boredom threshold. That and I always want what I can't have....:(

Weird, I'm craving yoghurt bigtime too - got some total 0% to try with ground up flaxseed, it's 4g carbs per 100g

Morning Becky, I'm not convinced low fat & atkins would work together myself

Done 5 days of super strict attack on Dukan. Lost a pound then put it back on again! Absolutely infuriating as it wasn't fun.... Not sure what to do next. If I switch back again to Atkins I guess I could have some gains again. Got a few hormonal problems I'm struggling with (PCOS and underactive thyroid) so maybe a trip to the doctor next week in order.....:sigh:

Morning Becky, how was your weekend?

Back