Big Boys Need Love Too!

the underneath of my tree is already full up and I am waiting for more stuff to be delivered! I don't know where I'm going to put it all

and gem. the jumper is going beautifully :D well. tank top thing. i can knit swirly patterns. i've never done that before :D

abz xx

That sounds impressive Abz. I haven't knitted for ages. I can knit most things given a lot of time and a swear box but I'm not a natural knitter (nutter - yes!!! :giggle:).

It's a terrible affliction when your antennae go missing - I'm sure you can get something for that :8855:

Well I decided against training tonight. It was sparring class tonight and that is a bit hard on the knees so I gave it a miss and stayed home to wrap presents instead! I now have most of my christmas shopping done, just waiting for the stuff I ordered online to be delivered!

I think you are very sensible not training tonight cos if you give your knees too much grief they won't hold out for you. :) x

:character00238: Good morning everyone :character00238:

No-one has posted since my last two posts so perhaps I'm talking to myself.

I am dragging my heels this morning as I am feeling tired. It's not a very long term but it's my first one back on full time work and Christmas has all kinds of strange emotions welling up in me this year. It just seems to have crept up on me and bit me on the bum. I'm sure I'll get over it cos I'm not usually down for long.

It's gonna be a much leaner me that goes into Christmas this year - at least 2 stone leaner. I know that when I come out the other end in January with squatters it will not be a new beginning - just the next phase. All I have to do is clean up my act, evict the squatters and crack on with the next target. So really it's all good except when Santa drops down my chimney he might not recognise me :eek:
:4616:​
:character00238: Have a lovely Wednesday everyone - half the week gone already :character00238:

Morning Gem, I was going to just leave you to talk to yourself as it's more fun that way but I caved! Knees are feeling much better this morning so it's training as usual tonight!

Morning all, have a good midweek!

hi all! sorry Gem, i was too tired to write anything last night! haha. i logged on but just watched from the wings. i am so shattered, i just don't know why. i keep nibbling things and thinking - ELLE STOP! WHY OH WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO YOURSELF!?! this totm is very strange. nowhere near as heavy as usual but it's draining me of all my energy.

No, Gem, we can't have santa not recognising you! then how will he give you your presents?!?! no, it won't do. you need to send him a note with a new picture of you stuck on it. ;)

lots of hugs to all, especially gem for feeling down *hugs* xxx

Thanks Elle :) I'm OK really - just a little bit down and thoughtful.

It was this time last year my mum went into hospital with a chest infection. This cleared quickly but she couldn't come home as she had caught Norwalk Virus. Over the next few months she had C-dif and Norwalk virus both singularly and together and almost died three times.

She never got completely well again and with the altzhimers as well there was no way she would go back to her flat again. She went into a nursing home in April this year and was beginning to seem quite well, although she was still very confused.

When we took her out on her birthday in June it was noticeable that she had begun to deteriorate and in August was diagnosed with cancer. She died in September and this is the first Christmas without either of my parents so occasionally I get a bit stupid and think too much.

Sorry to offload all of that on you but it does feel better having written it down.

I would probably be better if I could step of the treadmill for a couple of days and get my crappy thoughts out of the way but that's not possible right now. I think I have more or less come to terms with it but the time of year has just hit me that's all.

Anyway - I have always loved Christmas so enough of these troubled thoughts and let's all enjoy the spirit of Christmas :smiley1842:
:grouphugg:​

(((Christmas Hugs)))

:33:​

There are some people that allow events that have happened to overcome them and make them more depressed - pessimists i suppose, like my uncle's wife Annie. She's lovely, really really nice. But when she's down about something, that's it, she can't go back. It's very hard for me to deal with her because i'm generally a cheery person. We all have our low days but i think the best thing to do is to look ahead, not back, and to try and make our days as happy as we can because we'll never live that day again and we owe it to ourselves to try and have as great a time of life as we can.

anyway, lol, after all that babble, Gem I hope you're feeling better, I really look up to you because you have an excellent attitude towards life and I think it's something we can all learn from. Also, you're an aquarius so i'm BOUND to like you :p It's always hard when you have a first christmas without someone. Hope you're feeling much cheerier tomorrow! (are you expecting snow? we are! bad timing as i have a meeting tomorrow morning :S)

Well... today wasn't as bad as yesterday. But still, i'm EXHAUSTED, i just dont know why. 7 hours sleep last night, 8 hours the night before...my head is banging and i just want to sleep. Grrr... Weighed this morning i'm still 12st 9lbs, although it is about a half lb loss as i was 12st 9 1/2 lb last fri. I have no idea how that's happened what with all my eating.

Hope you're all well. Taz how are your knees? xxx

Thanks Elle. I totally agree with you about living each day. There is a saying that goes something like "Live each day as though it was the last and plan as though you'll live forever". I quite like that one - I guess it's about enjoying life but not burning your bridges. Another saying I like is "If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem" so I've had my mope and I've had my "poor me" five minutes - it just crept up on me and bit me on the bum and now it's time to get back to living and laughing at life.

:character00238: Good morning everyone :character00238:

No snow forcast for us I'm afraid but at least I won't be scraping the car this morning - it's chucking it down with rain outside. We usually manage to escape the winter wonderland and it's quite exciting when it does happen.

It's my last day at school proper today as I am on a course for physical restraint tomorrow. It should be fun, although I'm very much against using it on the students until all other possiblities have been considered.

I'm definitely on for at least a pound weightloss tomorrow. If I'm careful today I might manage two - wouldn't that be great - I could blast my target. Either way it's all good :D

:character00238: Have a lovely Thursday everyone :character00238:

Morning all, Gem you are bound to feel it this year. It's always tough to get through the 'firsts'. I have to go to London in a couple of weeks with my friend. It's her birthday and we are going to the theatre to see Mama Mia, having dinner at Planet Hollywood and staying in a nice hotel! I can't say no as on her birthday last year her mother committed suicide and I promised her we'd do something special this birthday to break down the association.

This will be my first christmas without both my grandparents. I still have a gran left but she doesn't really 'do' christmas. I think she lost the enthusiasm when we grew up! I miss my grandparents very much and it seemed kinda sad that my christmas list is so small now!

Enough of the morose! I slept well last night and actually woke up without a headache! The reason for this? I gave in to the doctors and got some low dose diazepams. I didn't want to take them and I'm not allowed to take them when I am at work but if I want to get this problem with my jaw sorted then I have to be seen to be trying whatever they want me to do! They are only 2mg and I am only trying them out while I am off work as the Bupa nurse at work told me to! I have to see her again next week to let her know how I got on with them. I am pleased to report that I have had no side effects from them and at one point in the night I actually woke up and I could feel my jaw trying to clamp but it didn't have the strength to do it! Result!

We didn't have snow either, even though it was forecast. oh well, at least i got to my meeting ok. and now it's sunny, which is second best in winter, really. i woke up at 5am for no apparent reason expecting it to be chucking it down with snow and instead it was chucking it down with rain! however, i didn't have to scrape the windows of the car either Gem so there's another plus.

Taz can't believe it, your poor friend. Her mum committing suicide on her birthday, of all days :( I hope she has a wonderful time on her birthday this year, it sounds like a lot of fun what you're doing. my mate Graeme had a friend who committed suicide 2 years ago, and last year he was feeling it quite bad so i grabbed him and took him to maccy d's lol. not as good as london/mamma mia/posh hotel but still:p

still tired and i had dry blood in my nose this morning (not sure if it's a yuk or a lol at this point) which took a lot of blowing to remove lol. (that's definitely a lol). Also feel generally rubbish and was informed yesterday by my nan and sister that i look pale. I'm a bit worried i've come down with something. I think this tiredness is the reason for all my cravings. hopefully i should remain sts tomorrow, and considering the week i've had, that would be a bloody miracle. Kind of gutted though, i'm thinking to myself how if id've just done it right this week perhaps i could've acheived my first main goal of bmi 25.

anyway enough of the babble. glad to see the medicine is working taz!

xxx

Waking up with dried blood in your nose and looking pale doesn't sound too good Elle. Keep an eye on things there are some nasty bugs bugs going round at the moment.

<<<<<Check out my gold star!

woo get you! im even more impressed with the fact that you knew where to type the words "check out my gold star!" in order to get it in the right place lol!

yeah im considering having a day off tomorrow, sleeping till i wake up and then going with the flow of the day. it shouldn't be a problem, as i've basically done everything I needed to this week so tomorrow would just be sending emails, trying to generate publicity, that kind of thing. we'll see what happens.

xxx

Hey Elle hope you're ok, I agree with Taz, you need to look after yourself & make sure you've not caught something. x x :)

Taz - go on admit it, it took at least 5 attempts to get that writing in the right place didn't it??!!! :8855:

woo get you! im even more impressed with the fact that you knew where to type the words "check out my gold star!" in order to get it in the right place lol!

yeah im considering having a day off tomorrow, sleeping till i wake up and then going with the flow of the day. it shouldn't be a problem, as i've basically done everything I needed to this week so tomorrow would just be sending emails, trying to generate publicity, that kind of thing. we'll see what happens.

xxx
That sounds like a very good idea

Lol taz, i did think perhaps you'd sat there like a bit of a geek trying to get it right but thought i'd let it pass and allow people to think you're a genius who'd figured out the precise mathematical equation for it to sit in the right place without having to check:p but then frijj went n ruined it:p grrr.

heehee

im so happy the end of the working day is nigh. and my meeting went well so the boss will be happy. la la la la laaaaaaa xxx

Hi there. I'm feeling much better today - getting it all back into perspective again. No doubt it'll creep up on me again when I am not looking cos it's the little things that hit and suddenly you're there - but for now all is ok, just tired.

Taz - Do we have to bow or something now you have a gold star? :p How much are you paying people to give you all that rep? :p x

Elle - Sorry you're feeling crappy - glad you have a plan though. It's been sunny here too. You ARE a Friday girl - you can rock with us tomorrow (gain or lose) :) You'll soon get to that magic BMI, don't worry. x

Jools - It's ok, we'll get a gold star too - around Christmas 2010 maybe :8855: x

Have a lovely evening everyone :)

Back