Big Boys Need Love Too!

I can see you Jenn!! Lol, in all fairness your LU would probably beat me hands down in a fight. Maybe I could scramble for some crumbs... :p heehee.

taz, what happened hun?

Gem, i forgot to say!! CONGRATULATIONS ON BLASTING YOUR TARGET. NICELY DONE!! woop woop woop. xxx xxx

Taz, What happen?

Am I invisible or can you guys see what I am writing?
I can see you Jenn!

I can't say too much as I don't know who reads this but basically I reported a serious safety breach a few days ago and today our union rep had a 'quiet friendly word' with me about not reporting other people and we should sort it out between ourselves! I was furious as the person I reported wasn't approachable and it was something I didn't think should have been swept under the carpet. Now he has made me feel like I am a grass which I'm not and I don't know how he found out I'd reported the person so I feel like I can't trust anyone. I was so annoyed

well that's not fair at all! these procedures are put into place PRECISELY TO AVOID what you're feeling like now! you did the right think taz, nomatter what anyone says. what did you say to the union rep? is there anyone higher up you can talk to? xxx

Taz, I would document stuff....if you have a copy of any report you made, and to whom you made it. They may be friends. If it is a safety issue it is important, and it shouldn't be about who you know. So, I would go to the person next up in line. But I would document everything as something may come up later. Anything you say should be in confidence and not discussed outside of that situation. Nor should your name be give if someone is being reprimanded for something. That is disgraceful. And I would take it further. But that is just me.

The trouble is, the union guy obviously now thinks I'm a grass and as I don't know who told him that I reported the guy I don't know who I can talk to. If he finds out that I repeated our 'chat' then it will just further cement his belief that I tell tales. I might have a chat with my manager as I know he would be discreet

yeah i think you should! talk to someone you trust hun, see what they suggest xx

Taz, that is ridiculous. People are meant to report others to ensure that people are doing their jobs correctly and to the right standards. It is when standards slip that accidents happen. I would still document things....and yes, speak to your manager about the situation. People shouldn't be considered a grass, if you are trying to ensure the safety of others. Don't let it lie Taz....but just make sure you cover your butt too. Just in case something comes of it.

taz....most people ARE idiots. You know...you work with the general public....90% of most people are idiots....it's the other 10% of us that keep them alive! *LOL* But seriously...most people are idiots...but you can't be too careful....You should never be made to feel like you can't report something that is not right. There are procedures for a reason...

What annoys me most is that I'm not the sort of person that would report someone for the sake of it, I only did it because it was, in my opinion, a serious breach and he was known to have done it before. He wasn't approachable so I couldn't have talked to him about it and even if I had what good would it have done? He would have just continued to do it

taz....exactly....it was not your place to discuss it with him. It is something you should have reported as well as let you manger know that you reported it and the situation, so that nothing can come back on you. And if he has done this action before, then he is cutting corners which is not good. Normally if someone is cutting corners or not doing something right...it won't be the only thing...there will be other things...so you were right to report it. But I would speak to you boss about it. As they had you show others how to do the job, then I am sure they must trust your judgement and your word...so I would definatly do that.

Morning all. :)

I'm not first on am I?! ;)

Well it's absolutely chucking it down & blowing a gale here so I have a dilemma.:raincloud:

I have to go to the Post Office so do I hold off till later & hope the weather clears up or just head out now & get it over with? :confused:

My plans for today are cleaning the house as OH is working. He was talking about getting the tree this afternoon if he's home in time so I want the living room clean & a space cleared.

If I go out now there is a possiblity I may get blown away (after all the weight I've lost!! :8855:) or even drown on my way into town :8855: (it's that bad!!).

I think I'll have brekkie & then see.

Gem - well done again for blasting that pound away, have a great weekend with your family! :D

Jim - Hope you had a wonderful time last night! :D

Taz - sorry to hear about your troubles hun, hope they get sorted & you don't have any more grief at work! :mad:

Jenn - nice to see you around again, love the cake! :)

Abz - my OH is a plumber (of sorts) so I'd have given you the same advice your Uncle did (and Elle would have). Hope you're toasty still this morning. :p

Elle - hey there, how are you today? :)

Well if I don't get back on later (after my trip to town) it was nice knowing you all!!! x x x :8855: :8855: :8855: :8855:

good morning.

good luck with your trip to town frijj!!

taz. i'm disgusted that this has happened. i agree with you. i would talk to your manager about it. it's a breach of protocol for them to know who made the complaint and to tell you off for making it. that's what health and safety is there for!! go get 'em.

i had a good time at my old work's christmas party but have written about it in my diary and can't be bothered to repeat myself right now. but it's in there if you want to read it :)

abz xx

Good Mid morning all....

Abz...I will read about the party shortly.

I just got up . I feel quite good...Minus about 30 minutes I think, I had almost 12 hours sleep last night, so I feel refreshed. Frijj just like you I will be doing some cleaning today. I need to sort my dining room out as we have been busy and been eating in the living room, which I don't really like with the LU, as he watches more telly than eating properly. So I need to sort that. I have to sort out my dyson, as just before we went on our hols, the LU pulled my mantal piece down ( which as we found out that day was NOT SECURED TO THE WALL) he was screaming and he was holding it up with his hands. But all around him was glass and pictures which fell too. I was so lucky that I had had him put his slippers on not 10 minutes before the this happened. So he is scared to touch the mantel now. Which i guess is good and is properly secured now. But I had a big flower arragement on the mantel with broken windscreen glass in it as part of the display ( i know it sounds weird but the pieces aren't sharp and it was lovely.) which we scooped up, but we had to vaccum the rest, which is why now, my dyson, keep throwing stuff back out. So...Not overly chuffed as I have only had it 1 year. Anyway, I have managed to out my big baking tasks off till tomorrow so I want the place as clean as possible so I have room for my cookies, and to decorate them, and let them cool. So I am going to make: Chocolate peanut butter cookies, Carrot/orange cookies, Rasberry chocolate chip cookies, Snickerdoodles, ( cookies with cinammon and sugar on the outside) Normal sugar cookies so my little one can cut the shapes and ice and decorate them, and rice crispies treats with mashmellows. IF we have time I may make some teddy stick biscits. And of course my choclate covered cheeries, choclate santa lollies, and pretzel choclates, and mayeb carmel apples. But it all depends on time, and how long I can stand or how long I can sit on a stool. I am going to get my MIL around to help me, as she can help little one too whilst I do some of the stuff, and she washes the dishes as I do them, which saves me time.

So today it is just cleaning, tidying, laundry, more paperwork.

But on the weight front...It really looks like it is holding off for now...I am not putting on weight....and it is staying stable....and last week I only gained 2lbs...so i am soooooo chuffed about it. Next tuesday, I have an appoint with the doctors about LU's tourettes, and hopefully he will be able to see what I see, I know he needs to see him, but I don't like talking to the doctor about it in front of him, as I wonder if it will cause him to wonder why is is doing things and maybe do more. But I guess it has to be done. But then we are off to Norwich, to see Santa and take a pic, as well as going to the panto....It's my first and LU's so it will be special. And then we are going to to tea, which is nice as we rarely go out to dinner as a family, it is manly just OH and I. So, I am looking forward to it all.

Well, guys, i will speak to you later. Take care all and be safe!

how much baking do you do??!? good grief jenn. i couldn't be doing with all that. i'd eat it all!! hee.

it sounds gorgeous though hon. maybe we should all come over to your house :D

abz xx

Abz...hahah...I make them all but only like one batch of each....but I give about 90% of them away. Except for the carrot cookies...those are MINE!!! *LOL* It takes me most of the day, but it is good fun. I have the music on....and we sing and laugh, and bake, and LU loves it. And we eat the odd one here and there along the way.

The weight thing....well it has taken me 4 months to put on the 2 stone I lost in the 2 months...so I am happy. And hopefully I will be ok and not gain toooooooo much more.=-)

Back