Big Boys Need Love Too!

Yippee. Well done Taz, that's great news. x :)

Reactions: Taz
Of course it was, we all know that & you'll show them too! x

Last edited:
oh taz that's fantastic news :D

have been swimming at the new leeds international pool today and guess what? their carpark is tiny. not only is their carpark tiny but about half, HALF of the carpark are designated disabled parking spaces. i have no problem with disabled parking. i think it's a grand thing and it should be there. but HALF the carpark? at the international pool? and it shares it's carpark with south leeds stadium. and there can't have been many more than around 50 spaces. and there's no obvious bus route... and it's at the back of a random industrial estate. so how exactly are people supposed to use it? in the end we used the indoor bowls centre carpark a 5 minute walk away from the pool. not bad. except that the INDOOR BOWLS CENTRE (and lets face it... swimming pool, indoor bowls, which is going to be more popular?) had seperate disabled parking and a bigger carpark than the pool and stadium combined. so me and my heavily preggers best mate walked. it was no biggy. only a short walk. but it just seemed ridiculous!! and then you get in and they say they cater for hundreds... if anyone can find it, or can get there, or can park when they finally do find it and get there (we used the sat nav this time...)

rant over for the day.

abz xx

it's just ridiculous. and there isn't any parent parking either. we were looking around thinking that maybe we missed this whole other carpark somewhere else. if there were regular buses to an obvious stop or park and ride or something... but it just seems to have terrible parking facilities... of course in the summer nobody will give a rats. but in february with wet hair having swum half a mile... i wanted to be in the warm cosy car afte that, ha. we could easily have swum more but because we were doing breaststroke today we were much slower. did 10 lengths of crawl and 22 of breast stroke. back is killing me and i'm back on the pain killers tonight. also got the beginnings of a migraine this afternoon with dodgy sight and a numb hand and feeling nautious. the works. but i caught it in time so a couple of hours kip and i'm feeling much better. now i've just got to manage to get back to sleep... and i didn't get to go to asda :(

abz xx

Well I am waiting patiently for the local leisure centre to finish the repairs to the pool there. At the moment I am going to the gym but not getting any swimming in as I am going to the gym without a pool! They say the end of March it should re open

i have been thinking about it. and i think they may have an overflow carpark before you actually reach the complex, which seems a bit daft but i'll look into it. the walk would probably be the same though so we'll see...

am so shattered this morning. didn't sleep very well. probably because i slept in the afternoon.

my best mate finds out if her lymphoma was successfully treated or whether she needs more chemo today, so i'm on tenterhooks. goodness knows how she is feeling. i can't even imagine it. i really hope she's ok.

abz xx

Morning,

All this talk of swimming is making me feel guilty. I must get us swimming again. We are lucky, the swimming pool is less than a mile away, still use the car though, Colleen has really long hair and she'd catch her death if we walked.

well i thought i'd forgotten a hair bobble yesterday jim and i don't think i could swim with my hair down any more. it's grown a lot... which was the plan with growing it and all, ha. but yuck!!

with the sat nav we discovered a sneaky way to the new pool so it only took five minutes in the car. the local pool is much closer, only around a mile and a half i think. if that. probably going to that one on thursday as another friend will be coming i think.

i want to get back on my exercise bike for at least ten minutes a night as well as swimming to get this extra flab off me!! i'm exercising a lot more but i'm eating a lot more too...

abz xx

Well I have 2 'local' centres. One is about a mile away but the gym there is really crap. It looks like they have blocked off the ends of a corridor and stuck some gym equipment in there! I went there once and only stayed for 45 mins as it was so uninspiring and dingy! There is an olympic size pool but the last time I went there the lanes were so narrow and it was quite busy so I only managed 20 lengths!

The other one is about 4/5 miles away and at the moment the pool is closed for repairs but the gym is amazing! It's all brand new and high tech and light and airy. If I want to go to the gym AND swim I have to go the the other one 8 miles away! Ah well, I guess we can't have it all! I too have the long hair problem after swimming! In the summer I can walk up to the local pool but not in this cold!

walking there wouldn't be a problem but walking back may be... i always feel all floopy and lethargic after a long swim...

abz xx

Yeah I know what you mean Abz, I feel great after a good workout/swim but I don't like to walk anywhere after!

I always used to feel energised after a swim?

Back