Big Boys Need Love Too!

Being wooed & swept off our feet perhaps??!! :8855:

Did you have a good time?

Yeah it was good, ate waaaaay too much and I get the feeling I am going to fall out big style with my scales in the morning! This isn't helped by the fact that the nurse refused to give me any more vouchers for SW so I can't go anymore. Grrrrrr

Apart from that, it was really good. On the evening of our anniversary we went to see the band we had at the wedding play. They are fab so it was really nice

AH, Taz, so romantic love. I feel all swoozey love. :D

So glad you had a great time. It sounds wonderful.

So what's the story with the vouchers? How come you can't have any more?

They say that as I haven't lost enough weight they won't let me have anymore! I told them to check my notes and they will see WHY I haven't lost any! Also I have lost 44lb so it's only natural to plateau now FFS

That sucks & it's bloody ridiculous!

What really makes me mad though is that there is a guy at our class who is on his 4th lot of vouchers! He is still losing as he has only just started and he is also getting exercise on prescription which I, once again, don't qualify for!

oh taz. i'm so sorry that you don't qualify. can you keep it up yourself and get your mum or a friend to weigh you each week so that you remain accountable to someone else?

abz xx

I've tried doing that before but I end up working it around to my advantage so if I get chocolate cravings on a Tuesday I will WI a day early then pig out! It's not ideal

That's crap Taz, You have lost weight so what are they talking about. :(

Since October I have gained 2kg. They have completely disregarded the fact that I had an accident and was on tablets that helped me store weight, also there's been christmas and new year since then. I could understand if I hadn't had barriers and gained or not lost but all they had to do was check my notes!

did you tell them that taz? or did you do what i do, not say anything because you are so surprised and then think of everything you should have said afterwards?

abz xx

I did when she phoned me back but she was just the messenger so I am going to get another appointment with a different nurse to see if I can get them to change their mind

You make sure they understand Taz, honestly, stuff like this makes my blood boil, it really does.

Mine too Jim. I'm not after something for nothing, I've never been a sponger, but I have worked all my life and always paid my NHS contributions and I seem to get nothing in return. I am rarely ill and only go to the doctors if I absolutely have to. I have to pay for any prescriptions I may need, I don't qualify for exercise on prescription as I am already making the effort myself to improve my fitness. It seems that the more you want to improve your situation, the less willing they are to help and that makes me mad.

I have been a member of SW for nearly 5 years and paid for it myself for 4 years. I'm in the situation now where I just can't afford it, I have made some significant changes by joining the gym and I really want to get this weight gone this year but it seems that counts for nothing with the NHS. Maybe I should go back in a few months when I have piled on loads of weight and see if they would help me then!

Trouble is Taz we live in a "spongers" state these days love. If you were unemployed you'd get them no problem.

I know Jim and that's my biggest gripe! At least I have pride though, knowing I have worked for and earned everything I have!

Just got a call from the nurse, she said after what I said to the other nurse (the new one) on Friday they have taken a closer look at my notes and saw the reason for my gain and have decided that I CAN have more vouchers and I have to make a real effort to lose lots this time!

Good news there Taz, I'm happy now :)

Back