Big Boys Need Love Too!

I don't think I have that Gem but as I have 19 days left on it they would probably only tell me to upgrade which I can't do til pay day anyway

I was fascinated and it was obvious he knew exactly what he was doing. Every now and then he would stop and ask me questions. I think it's a brilliant service.

Morning,

how come you all get chatty about computers when I'm not around! SULK

abz, I always say, OK I'm going to come on to you, that makes us all giggle. We use VNC mainly. that and remote control.

I'd advise you all to download SpyBot, search and destroy, it's free and it's very thorough.

You've got quite a cyber chat up line Jim - you naughty boy!!!! Thanks for the tip, I'll look into spy bot. Does it work ok with norton?

i used to have spybot jim, but it used to ask me whether it should get rid of things or not, or whether to allow this or that, and some of them i had no clue whatsoever as they looked like system applications... so i got rid in the end. there's a really good online spyware search... can't remember the name of it now but i'll find out, that will scan your machine for you and remove things... however most of these are dodgy and will stick loads of spyware on your machines... this one is legit... hmm. might be time to use that again...

we use vnc too jim. 'i'm coming onto your machine' is what i say, and now you've said that i'm going to be laughing every time i say it...

:D abz, made your day then love. LOL

Hmm, I just googled it Gem, some say it is, some say it ins't. I'd download it and see.

i can vouch for the fact that it's incredibly easy to uninstall if it isn't for you :) to be honest i probably chose the wrong option when i installed it and ended up with the admin view or something.

When I worked in my managers office I had to phone tech support and they took remote control of my computer. It was weird to watch the cursor moving around and clicking on things on it's own, it was like it was being operated by a ghost!

Ooo.... you little devils you. I've got spyware doctor but don't know whether it was on the machine when I bought it. It pops up from time to time and does its thing - I ignore it mostly and let it get on - it always seems to have been there x

hmmm, I just let it remove anything it wants to abz, never had any problems.

Gosh everyone's posting so fast the posts are getting out of sequence - or perhaps I'm just slow this morning x

LOL, no Gem it seems super fast to me as well.

LOL Taz, I've never been on the other end of it. I must try that sometime.

It's wierd Jim - but fascinating. I had the almost irresistable urge to play with the mouse while he was doing it. I had to sit on my hands!!!

LMAO, I must speak to some of my users love.

wow you lot were on the go this morning. I was spybot too and avg and some other free programme that the OH checks online for dogdy stuff. I rarely get any problems as I am quite careful about what I do and download and click on and OH being a genius and all kinda helps. *LOL* just got a new laptop today a gorgeous pink Samsung NC10 I love it. We have a small blue one already but my LU had been playing on my larger laptop and managed to break the down key playing games. I wanted a nice little one I could take anywhere and it is about the size of a personal dvd player and only weights about 2lbs so it is perfect. I will just let my LU use this one for games I think and maybe use it as a backup. We have too many comps in the house now and now doubt the OH till try and take this one over too. But the good thing is now I can take my own comp to the hospital with me and skype my friends and family when I am in.

remote control- my OH does that when my mother has a problem in the US he uses "log me in" and gets into my mums comp. It is quite funny really as I have her on the phone and she freaks when she seems OH doing stuff. But I think he winds him up as when we bought the comp ( for the second time) he gets roped into being her personal comp tech even from over here.*LOL*

i think i probably checked the 'verify action' button jim so it asked me about EVERYTHING. it never seemed to get rid of anything i needed though...

and i used to work at the same company at the other end of the office so had IT using my computer on occasion. sometimes just to wind you up... i don't do that of course because i'm lovely :)

abz xx

PINK! Go and stand on the naughty step Jenn Sighs, shakes head and walks away.

Pink is good Jenn - Do they do them in purple to match my hair?

Back