Big Boys Need Love Too!

hello hello. i'm rather busy at work so won't be around loads today, other than in my lunch break :)

am on 1.5 litres of water so far so that is going better. have had a bar for brekkie so let's hope i don't have a rerun of last time's disaster :S

abz xx

Morning all!:D

Tyn, good luck with today and I sure you will be just fine. You are handling things really well, and I am actually quite proud of you!

No idea where Elle is...she said she was off...but has vanished into thin air.:cry:

Gem...well I love love love those scales....especially since now they show i have lost another 5 lbs. I am so so so happy now. Lets just hope I don't find some magical way of puttin them back on. I won't mind the scale staying the same if it mean there is a freakish build up and drop off. ;)

ha. get you with your fancy scales. i had lost this morning too, but due to the extra water i'll be drinking today i'll probably have gained by tomorrow morning. but that's ok because it doesn't count until tuesday morning, ha.

abz xx

Hi Jenn. Glad you're enjoying the scales. Abz - I hope you're not working too hard (or stuck in the disabled loo, if you know what I mean)!!! x

ha. i have been working hard but am now on my lunch break.

has anybody stayed in an amazing hotel in york? trying to find somewhere for my wedding night and there's a minimum two night stay in most of them. can get a deal involving a romantic evening meal though... so not sure what to do now. i mean £500 is a lot for a weekend, especially since it's not going to be our honeymoon... think i might have to get saving... well, i already am, but somehow moreso... at least doing cd stops me spending money on takeaways and going out for meals. two of my favourite money spending things!!

abz xx

hehehe..i know what you mean. Mine OH is planning on us going out to any place I want for dinner when I make my 3 month mark as a bit of a treat. Which I am quite looking forward to. But seeing as I won't have had any solids for such a long time I doubt I will be able to eat much of it. hahaha. And the shame of it all I found my new favourite meal just before I started to diet!!! ahhh!!

York...well one of my best mates lives just outside of york and works in york...so I will tap her for some info. She's live in the are most of her life so if anyone would know something she would. But yeah you're right £500 is a lot for a weekend.

Me and OH found this gorgeous hotel/castle in scotland when we went in may and thought...."YEAH what would be a nice weekend place to go. Let's see how much it is!" £600 a night....so I said NO!!! What a shame.

Oh well...I just can't wait till I get done with the whole dieting thing. I will be right where I want and need to be. And OH has since promised that we can go to the Chef's table at claridges...when I make it to 10st. So I am chuffed and working my way there with the speed of a rocket!!

I don't know what it is today, but I feel kinda ill. Quite stomachy...sometimes like I might be sick but not quite. I have cooking to do today, but not too sure I am going to make it. I keep getting " watery mouth". So I just hope I haven't caught some freakish bug!! Who knows...I go to so many groups and things with LU that I catch everything. And LU stays nice and healthy...hahaha

uuhhh...what a let down. I want to get my son into a few things...but as usual he is just a little too young. I should have suspected. Oh well. It will all have to wait. But come next May...poof he will be off. I am getting him into horse riding, Kung fu and football. That should keep him busy. He likes them...all or so it seems let just see if it will all work out.

i am feeling the same today jenn. have a slight tummy ache and my stomach doesn't seem to know what to do with itself. am going to have a shake and see how it goes.

your 3 month treat sounds amazing. however i have to warn you that getting back on this bloody cd thing after coming off it is a nightmare!! i am going to denmark in two months and am already dreading have to get back on again afterwards!! so just be absolutely sure that you want to do it, if you are really in the zone, because otherwise it's worth waiting until you're done and dusted i think!!

and i'm leaning more and more towards just doing it, booking it, not worrying about it and saving for it. the places do look amazing and me and a mate, the bride i've just been bridesmaking in fact, who will be my chief bridesmaid, or is that matron of honour now she's married, hee, are going to york on monday to have a look around these places. i don't think you have to pay when you book. i think you pay at the time but that's another thing i'll have to check...

abz xx

Most places ask for a deposit abz. Some ask a third and others 10 - 20%. Sounds FANTASTIC! X

hmmm....well honey it is your thing...you do what you want. If this place is where you want to look back at your memories and see...well then go for it girl. If not ...have one more look around and see what you find.

I wanted a honeymoon, but at the time we were so poor that We could afford anything. I had only been in the country for 3 month. I had no friends, I had to wear a dress I used to wear to work because we couldn't afford to get a new one. My ring was a ring that used to belong to my OH gran which was a gift from some guy, My OH's ring was from a second hand shop. So all we paid for the wedding was £49 for the ring, £22 for the license, £5 for the artifical flowers ( which I still have and they still look lovely) and £5 for a pair of shoes. A friend of my MIL and OH made us a wedding dinner, which unfortunately for us was still frozen and uncooked. So we couldn't eat it. But the thought was there. And we only had 5 people at the wedding, to include the registar and his secretary. But you know what... I always dreamed of the big white wedding, with all my family ( which is huge). But I would have rather have what I had, and still be happy and in love and married at going on 12 years. They may not be perfect memories...but they are funny...and sweet now to me. ( p.s I laughed through the whole ceremony--hahaha)

Ah.... Jenn. You have the perfect recipe for a good marriage - LAUGHTER :rotflmao: without a doubt the best medicine and sticky glue in the world. It has glued me to my OH for three decades (OMG) and we're still going strong.

GIRLS ONLY - Oh alright, and Martyn - I have been surfing the net again and found an interesting site called My Virtual Model. It appears to be run by the fashion chain H & M and you can create a VIRTUAL YOU! If that's not scary enough you then have the option to dress it - and guess what? They aint got no clothes to fit Virtual Gem so I'm in me vest and drawers just like school PE. I did manage to put Virtual Gem on a nice beach but I believe she was feeling somewhat exposed due to her rather ample dimensions. I've been brave and put her in my picture albums :eek:

ha. i remember doing this at uni and being horrified by the results and i'm even bigger now, ha. right. off to make mine then :)

hellooooo everybody. my oh my what a day i had yesterday. did tonnes of walking and then me and my sis went and played tennis for an hour at 8pm. when i came back i just zonked out on the sofa hence the lack of me last night. weighed myself this morning, 14st 2lbs! oooh aaarrrr. we're planning on going swimming tomorrow so hopefully i can stick to the 14st 2lbs however i wont be upset if not.

now for a moan... went to treat myself to the most gorgeous yellow dress from new look that i tried on and it was WONDERFUL and made me feel SEXY and they only had one left in an 18, which is too big :( and ive checked online but it's gone from there tooooo :( noooooooooo. however, i did buy another dress, not so nice and more for daytime. and it was a size 14 which is another good thing.

abz sorry hun dont know york that well, i've only ever been once i'm afraid.

jenn...your wedding sounds amazing lol... the greek thing to do is to have something HUGE and spend ridiculous amounts of money. i'd prefer something a bit smaller in a lovely location and my perfect dress. everything else i dont mind hahaha.

xxxxxxxxxxx

gem...you look lovely...will be making mine shortly. Just finished cooking fish pies. It was nice OH was helping too. They came out great. Or at least that is what OH says. Good thing is I can make these and it is cheaper than buying a ready made kids meal and has no sugar and very little salt. Plus all the great different fish and veg.

Elle, well girl you are on the road to thin-ness. Good on ya for getting some good fun excerise in. About the dress...just as a side thought have you looked on ebay for it. The only reason I say this is that sometime people buy new stuff and then sell them unused with the tags on ebay. I mean I have done it. I bought a suade long leather coat because it was on sale and then sold it on ebay...too small for me . Just a thought. But I am sure your new dress looks lovely. And Hispanic/mexican weddings are the same. The are huge and expensive, and last days. But they do spread the cost as you have sponsors who pay for things like the Church and the hall , dj; cake, mariachi's....etc. These days I just see so many people spend thousands on one day and then start their marriage off in debt. Or in 4 year down the line they are getting divorced. But you know...some people make and I think it is great...Like our Lovely GEM! =-)

ok I did one too...haha...I am also naked just about. Although she seems to carry the weight a bit better than me!! But atleast what she is wearing looks like I am going to go for a swim!! haha thanks Gem.

Hey all.

i think there is something going around girls, my belly is all naff naff aswell today! We must all have sympathy belly for each other or something! lol.

Just got off the phone with my best mate, she only just found out what happened, and was pretty shocked, so she rang me just to make sure it was true and if i was ok. She asked if i wanted her to come to the funeral with me, i reaaallly did, but i couldn't say yes for some reason, but thankfully she knows me far to well, knew what my stuttering and stammering ment and asked me for my address lol.

Shes gonna come up on the monday night, as she will be driving half way across the country for it, she lives in Buckingham, so really really greatful she is commin, not just because i need someone outside the family here with me, but also because she will make me go, everytime i think about going, i get all short of breath and panicy about it. But she is very straight talking and will whip me into shape if anything happens. lol.

Got everything sorted today tho, we went and spent a few hours in town (Even at times like this, my sister still has a shopping problem! But she did buy me a mag to read lol) We got her some nice clothes, but spent an hour aruging over what flowers to pick. First it was about getting the typical huge MUM flower thing, then we figured out we where arguing about the fact neither of us wanted the flowers like that, so felt alittle stupid about that one! lol.

We settled on a really pretty circle thing, it was pink and white roses, with pink lillies in it. We saw it and it was the only thing we instantly agreed on lol. My dad just got her 12 white lilies as they where her fav, so we stayed away from a huge white lilly one (even tho it was possibly the pretties set of flowers i have ever seen) But we are happy with what we got.

While we where gone, a couple of dads mates from work turned up and sat with him for awhile, which i am really glad about, as its just been family, half of which he doesnt like.

He let 2 things slip when we was talking to the Vicar dude (He was actually really cool, i usualy dislike religious folks rightaway) 1st was just how angry he is with my mum for doing this, but the vicar said it was pretty normal in this situation, and then he said he was really worried about me going back to uni in 2 months. Apparently he knows i won't let anyone close to me, until i am alone, then apparnetly it will hit me, hard and he wont be close. That really touched me and i just smiled at him, because he is right. I can't even cry anymore, i get bored when people come around and talk about her, also noticed today something i haven't felt in a loooooong time. My short temper is back. Normally i take about a week to get wound up and snap, let alone come close to violence, but in town today, i just had the urge to yell and push some old people outta my way because they where REALLY starting to bug me.

Going to have to work on that i think, really don't like my temper at all!

Anyway! Hows everyone else doing? Any gossip for me girls?

Jenn, that's not bad at all - very elegant actually. So now we have CyberGem and CyberJenn, where are CyberElle and CyberAbz? x

Back