Big Boys Need Love Too!

Morning all, had a bit of a lie in then woke up with a bit of a headache. It's so nice to be able to get up, go into the kitchen and get a cup of coffee at the touch of a button. I love my new kettle!

Gem, brandy in hot chocolate! It's yummy

did your old kettle take forever or something taz?

i have a cafetiere sitting here stewing and waiting for me to finish my first half litre of water as i've been crap with it this morning...

i've never been able to like brandy taz, although i do like the odd bit of brandy sauce at christmas :)

abz xx

thanks guys!! * big hug to you all*

Well I had to sleep in a bit today as my sleep last night was horrible, with pain, but I am just going to have to get used to it. I soooo want to just be at home. I couldn't live here, I miss vegetables too much. I miss my normal stuff. Healthier stuff and I am so scared to think what I have put on. But once I get back I am going to get stuck into my yoga and keep on my SW as much as possible and do what I can to keep it stable. I feel so malnutrition-ed here. Even LU misses his veggies. He is so used to eating apples and pears and fruit, dried fruits and nuts through the day and you just can't find that here. You can get fruit but it is so badly damaged that it is better as a puree rather than eating whole. hmmm must dashed I will be back shortly.

No it didn't take forever, just the usual boiling time, but the new one takes 3 seconds from pressing the button to steaming in my cup!

I can't drink brandy usually but when I was a barmaid the chef made me a hot chocolate with brandy one night after work and it was really nice. It's the only thing I have brandy in and not very often

:character00238: Afternoon all. The sun is out here on the south coast & I'm having a good day! :character00238:

Tyn - well done your loss hun :D

Gem - well done on your amazing willpower (I love those cookies) :happy096:

Abz - what an amazing loss hun, well done you :wow:

Jenn - sorry you're in pain hun, hope you're feeling better soon :hug99:

Taz - is that one of those kettles that just does a cupful? :confused:

Elle - :wavey:

Mr Wombat - :wavey:

Pete - where are you? :missing:

Anyone else I've missed hiya & hope you're having a good day.

Following Gem's excellent example I've realised I've been sabotaging myself recently & overindulging on the "treats" so have resolved to be good & get some weight shifted before Christmas which in case none of you realised is only 44 days away!!!!!!

Good evening everyone :)

Wow, what a day - I'm exhausted. I've only just got home as there was an incident just as I was leaving. We have had everything nouty teenagers can throw at us today, including 3 visits from the police :eek: I didn't do it Officer - HONEST :D

I'm still on for Brum Abz so that's ok - looking forward to meeting you.

This cup of coffee I'm drinking is tasting good - I've only had time for 2 at school and I didn't leave until 5.50 tonight.

Have a lovely evening everyone :)

Evening all, I have had a rather boring day with nothing but a visit to the docs in it! I have to take my car for it's MOT tomorrow and really hoping it passes. It's been off the road for 2.5 years and it's 18 years old so fingers crossed! It has been very well maintained by my dad who is a skilled mechanic so I hope all is ok with it

Sounds like he knows what he's doing Taz. Good luck x

:character00238: Good morning everyone :character00238:

Is it really morning already? I'm feeling a bit like I should have cut out the transport and stayed in school yesterday. I don't really feel as though I had an evening at all and it's 17 miles of journeying each way :eek:

:character00238: Ok, enough complaining. It's Wednesday and half-way through the week - that's gotta be good, right? :character00238:

My big challenge today is to get through the boss's birthday without caving in with cream cakes or something - I might have to have one to be sociable if I am on site, so I'll need to count it in foodwise and cut down elsewhere. Another half pound down this morning so I don't wanna do anything to stop those tickers moving on Friday.

Honestly, you wouldn't believe the pitfalls of the staffroom table (the school has healthy schools status but obviously not the staffroom). A new colleague of mine who does football training twice a week confessed yesterday that she had put on half a stone since she started the job in September.

I am hoping for a quiet day today after the mayhem of the last two days. There has to be a quiet day lurking somewhere :)

:character00238: Have a lovely day everyone :character00238:

Morning all, I am off to take my little car for it's MOT soon and really nervous. I hope it passes, I love my car!

good morning guys. i'm at work after a day yesterday of doing absolutely blummin nothing. now i find out i may actually be going somewhere else prior to brum so can't quite book my tickets yet so am going to look into it today. gah. visiting people at this time of year gets really hectic!!

abz xx

What a bloody day, and its only just gone 1! lol. Had class at stupid oclock this morning, and then had to spend a couple of hours in the Lib getting some books for my big essay thats due in, in a couple of weeks, ended up walking home with a huge stack of big unfriendly looking books on deaf education lol. Got totally lost looking for a BSL CD-Rom to practice my signing, so had a mild hissy at that, but when i realised it was 1pm, and i had been going since 7:30 without any food or water, i got stupidly hungry! So i had a pepperarmi or whatever they are called, it was nice, but really harsh watching the girls eat really big and yummy looking paninis and butties! lol.

Think i am gonna try and make a start on this stupid 3000 word essay, get it finished before all my really silly BSL exams start! lol, it gets tedious at the end of term, having to stress about signing and to do essays, its hard to do both at once as your mind has to go in about 5 different directions at once! lol.

tyn!! big boot up the bum!! stop eating things you aren't supposed to!!

other than that. hope your day gets better soon hon :)

abz xx

Great pic, looking very slim! x

Hiya everyone :)

Yes it really is me home at this time!!! :) I officially finish at 3.45 but it doesn't very often work out that way and the journey is long and tedious, especially when I am late leaving.

It's been a good day at school today :) not too much kicking off and only a few things being thrown around (including 2 chairs :eek:)

The boss brought in THREE BOXES OF CREAM CAKES this morning and left them out on the staff room table. I was working on site so I was seeing people clapping their chops round the delicious looking objects and licking their lips. I had already made up my mind that I would try to resist, knowing that the worst time would be at the end of the day when I was on an energy low.

Fate was on my side, though as one of the teachers went out with two students to buy two pots of maggots for the fishing trip tomorrow. There they were on the top of the fridge wriggling and squirming while the teacher and the caretaker made tiny holes in the lids with a compass point :eek: then, horror of horrors they replaced the lids and put both pots in the fridge on the shelf just below the remaining cream cakes :eek: Isn't it funny how quickly cravings and hunger pangs can leave you? :D x

Abz - the pic is looking good x

ewww gem!! well done on resisting though :D

and thanks. i quite like it, although it doesn't look like me to me... strange isn't it things like that?

abz xx

Evening all, just got back from karate and my knee's are holding up really well at the moment. I even managed to do the jump we have to do for our kata! I gained 1lb this week but that's ok, I have eaten rather a lot of bad stuff! My poor car failed it's MOT on a few serious things and my dad says it's beyond repair and for it's age it's not worth it so I am going out looking for a new one tomorrow

Back