Big Boys Need Love Too!

Well not much was said about the incident but it sounds like it was a bad one, especially for the driver. I was a long day in hours but not much work so it's all good!

Doesn't sound too good Taz - I hope you are resting well now x

Bad news!

I am having to take this week off the CD, doh! As if last week wasn't bad enough.

I spent WAY to much money when i went to Manchester, so much infact that i went way into my diet money, and simply can't afford to do it this week, even another AAM week is out of the question, really gutted as i am having way to much trouble with this diet right now, getting really angry at it. But oh well, nothing i can do about it, just gonna have to start doing some work outs with the diet from next week to catch up, highly doubt i am going to hit 3stone by xmas, let alone the 4-5 i was praying for. Really annoyed with myself for spending so much, but oh well, just will have to be careful this week, and hope the damage isn't to much!

Hi Tyn

Can you do a healthy eating week or however long you'll be strapped for cash? It's better than nothing x

:character00238: Good morning everyone :character00238:

It's a dark cold morning south west of cyberspace and I would prefer to be in bed still enjoying a lie in but here I am taking the first post space again.

I'm still stiff and sore, although not quite as bad and I hope the kids treat me gently today!

I am on a "no treats" week again and hoping for a 3lb loss but I'm pretty sure I won't get above 2lb max. I've got to the stage now where i want to say goodbye to my original 30lb target which is another 5lb but the 3lb would put me on 28 which is the magical 2 stone milestone so that would be GRRR-EAT :)

It was a quiet day on here yesterday so not too much to add to.

Tyn - I hope you manage ok this week without doing too much damage. Don't try to replicate CD artificially cos you won't get the nutrition you need - better to go on a healthy eating option until you can afford your packs. Good luck x :)

Jenn - I hope you're feeling ok. At least the healthy eating is having a good effect on your weight - good for baby and you x :)

Taz - Can't remember if you're working today but whatever you are doing enjoy x :)

:character00238: Have a good day everyone :character00238:

good morning guys.

taz -- hope work wasn't too bad for you.

tyn -- that's a real shame. is there really no way you can afford it? fair enough if you can't, but stick to healthy options. trust me when i say that if you go on a rampage you could easily put a stone on in a week in water and glycogen and fat... i've done it on my holidays. stick to healthy options and you should maintain if not lose, and anything you gain will just be water. try and avoid too many carbs... you'll do it hon. no worries :)

morning gem :) i would prefer to be in bed right now too. although i have now been at work for 1.5 hours without really noticing, ha.

well yesterday didn't go as planned. i got up, i felt so low and gloomy i just couldn't motivate myself to do a thing. not one thing. OH's wonky cupboard door that he'd taken an entire 10 hours to make, didn't fit. even though the reason it took him so long is because he spent the whole day measuring the bloody thing. so in steps me with solutions on where to take bits off at the top and how to make the width fit properly. along with a lesson on how to fit a bloody hinge. MEN!! but i couldn't bring myself to wallpaper, paint, silicone, fill or anything. i did sort out a LOT of our paperwork. got all of our wedding stuff filed properly rather than in a big pile on a table where it could get lost.

i have heard back from a really good dj company quoting £250. does that sound about right? taz? don't you organise weddings sometimes? does that sound like a good price? i don't know where i've gotten that from but for some reason i think you have... but everyone. does that sound expensive or a good price? so that i can book it and it's one less thing for me to worry about, ha.

we did finish off watching season one of buffy so i'm giving it back to my mate and hopefully borrowing season two off him today :)

feeling low but feeling like there is hope for a good mood today. i am beginning to think that although a lot of this moodiness is hormonal, a lot of it is due to not being able to comfort eat when i'm feeling bad. so the bad, depressed feelings just keep spiralling down. i'm hoping that it will pass if i just keep plodding on.

oh. and it's weigh in day and my scales are showing a 2lb gain. it really is not my week!!

abz xx

spiralling - excellent song by keane. I think we (well me and you abz) are having a bit of a winter depression period lol. today im feeling gloomy, i have a pain in the back of my head just above my neck, i couldn't sleep at all last night, and my fantastic dad has gone to india for 10 days for work boohoo, which means i have to be up earlier to take my little sis to the train station. The scales are going up and down, i couldn't resist the pudding at this wedding i went to yesterday (although I did do a bit of dancing so it wasn't a complete disaster, got a bit of exercise in) and i'm just feeling a bit stationary and boring. This out of reach christmas target is not helping one bit at the moment, I don't think i'll be anywhere near the bottom of the 12 stones.... I want a day off work, some options hot chocolate and my comfy fluffy robe. Think I have this friday off, but that day will be spent doing the housework that I haven't had time to do and that my mum couldn't do as she's ill. yay x

p.s. tyn, stick to healthy eating as much as you can, i hear that coming off cd is notoriously weight changing. and not in the good way. good luck hun xxx

Grrr this ruddy email malarky. Went to try and send that same woman (from my last disaster) another email...boss has a signature but he doesn't trust it so there I am typing all his info at the bottom. I get to fax: press the space bar and the email bloody sent! she is BAD LUCK! x

Evening all, just stopping by quickly between work and training. I got an appointment for the physio through this morning which was impressively quick. I only saw the doc last Tuesday!

Tyn, as the others have said stick to healthy eating

Hiya everyone. This is the time of year when everyone feels tired. Blame it on modern life kicking years of evolution in the goolies :p

• Sun comes up - we are wide awake :character00238:
  • Sun goes down - we go to sleep :nightf: If you're a bear you hibernate
Instead:

• The alarm goes off and we get up in the dark and try to get motivated :coffee:
  • We work all day and come home in the dark feeling grumpy :badmood:
No wonder we don't feel 100%, why would we? If we can get out in the daylight at some point each day, even half an hour is better than nothing :)

:grouphugg:

Have a lovely evening everyone x​

i gained 4lbs. haven't cheated. must be water. still gutted. have written about it properly in my diary but just feel pants. going to watch some buffy and sulk. see you tomorrow guys.

abz xx

I just had the most annoying experience!!

Thought to myself last night, hmm lets have a bit of spag boil with that mince i have in the freezer tomorrow. So i got it out, defrosted it, made it all yummy and stuff, sat down to watch Merlin with it and a cup of tea, 5 mins later i am kneeling over the bog throwing my guts up. Only to realise, i haven't eaten real meat in over a month now (Only ate quorn on my AAM weeks) Maybe my body is telling me it no longer wants to eat real meat... or the meat i ate was funky, either way its defo a good way to keep the lbs off this week.. just throw the bloody stuff back up!

Gonna go get a small block of cheese in a min and have a cheese toastie, hungry but in no mood what-so-ever to eat any meat like substance for the forseable future... total pants i tell you!

Abz - sorry to hear you gained - it happens sometimes but they're only gonna be squatters so gone by next week defo - hopefully with some of their mates x

Tyn - My mate feels awful now when she eats meat. She used to be like me, only eat meat occasionally - now her body seems to reject it totally. I am eating less and less meat myself and can't actually remember the last time I did. Best of luck for your week and don't go too mad with the food x

tyn i reckon it was probably a bit off lol. i fast i.e. stay off meat for, well, around 50 days before easter and 40 days before xmas (infact started today) and, while i do feel a tiny bit sick if i eat too much straight away, it doesn't tend to effect me much. obviously we're all different. just try and gradually introduce meat. and go and ask a greek orthodox priest why i have to fast so much lol. xxx

To be honest, i really don't miss meat at all, i have my quorn for when i have the urge... Oh god, those sneaky veggies got to me in my sleep!!!!

This veggie lark does kinda creep up on you. To be honest I've loved veggie food for ages - flirting on and off until it got that I ate mostly veggie with fish and occasional meat. It seems to be quite a healthy option. :)

I have just been reading my "Therapist" magazine which comes each month from my professional organisation and there is something about diet in there. It's a snippet about "The Snapshot Diet" :confused:

They state that a lot of people find it helpful to keep a food diary but a recent study in America shows that taking a photograph of each meal before you eat it can be more accurate and effective.

They say that the people on the study found taking a picture encouraged them to be more critical of their eating habits just at the right time (before they ate)

I guess if you photograph everything it brings it very definitely into the conciousness (content, portion size, frequency etc) and there it is set out before you after the event :)

I don't know whether I would find it a bit obsessive or whether it would be a positive experience. Perhaps it would be a good thing for someone starting out or someone who is unsure or floundering ;)

Just had a thought - Imagine all those photos of guinness, malteasers, fish and chips and big-off ice creams when I am on holiday - That's incriminating evidence, that is :p x

Evening all, just stopping by quickly between work and training. I got an appointment for the physio through this morning which was impressively quick. I only saw the doc last Tuesday!

Tyn, as the others have said stick to healthy eating

Somehow I missed your post earlier. Great news - I hope the physio is helpful x

LOL! imagine being in public and taking a snap of everything you eat hehehe. i usually sit in the middle of a mall eating my lunch, how funny would that be xxx

Maybe that's just it. Maybe if you had to take a photo of EVERYTHING, you just wouldn't eat some of it (?) or maybe you would just cheat, I don't know x

Back