Big Boys Need Love Too!

oh my god. either the burger or the squash would do me. tomorrow is most definately going to have to be a chicken day after weigh in. argh!! hee.

i got to leave work at 6 instead of 7. am just about to (finally) head off to bed. finished the back of my mate's tank top that i am knitting. now worried it's going to be MILES too long as it's almost long enough for me and she's only five foot 2... ah well. i can always take it up... with a horrendous amount of faff... we'd just have to shrink it in the wash :D

abz xx

It was such a good thing you kept your "train" of thought on your knitting yesterday - was the extra length due to the train delay Abz x ;)

did you have it with you abz? i wouldve loved to see it!!

taz you need to eat more greens! i'm Gem would agree with me, what with being so clued up in healthy eating and all...

however, i can't talk... i have been RUBBISH today. went to the good food show and ate EVERYTHING. everything from a little piece of chocolate brownie (a sample) to buttered bread (country life butter stand) to hot chocolate, to TWO peanut 'gristle' things with chocolate which tasted fab but i refused to look at the calories haha and then we came home and i had some fish pie with veg and too much bread. it hasn't been good. i've been full up all day and it doesn't feel good, like i've been on a binge. but tomorrow's another day, i'm determined to be good just like i was last week (minus calorie counting thanks very much)

anyway night everyone xxx

:character00238: Good morning everyone :character00238:

I'm up with a cup of coffee and definitely NOT feeling like going off to work but hey, I like it when my pay slip comes at the end of the month and I DO enjoy working with the kids - it's the other crap around it that gets me down a bit. Then there's the 17 mile journey - ok if no traffic problems but there is no rhyme or reason with the traffic on that journey!!!

Anyway, once I've had my porridge and a shower I'll be in work mode and feel better :)

Elle - That photo is brilliant. The hats on that stall were fun. Those suited you and Abz so well, I thought you would buy them :p

:character00238: Have a lovely Monday everyone :character00238:

Morning All :D

Hope you had a wonderful weekend/mini meet (I'll read back through later). :)

Only a 4 day week for me so let's hope I can survive without my stress levels going through the roof. Highly unlikely as I know what's in store but ho-hum!! :rolleyes:

Have a great day everyone. x x ;)

Hahaha...well my roast was too luscious to miss=-) But the BNS sounds gorgeous....might have to have a look at that sometime. These days all I have to do is hand my OH the recipe and poof he cooks it. It's like being rich and having your own chef! *LOL*

Well today is christmas tree day. I also put it up on the 1st of dec. As that is when the advent calendar starts. So I am looking forward to it. This is the first year where LU really understands what is going on. He was 2 1/2 last year and understood about presents and a tree but really didn't know what was going on. And this year, he does. He knows (for us) christmas is about sharing and spending time with the family. "getting presents" and being grateful for all that you have. Which is good enough for me.

Well I heard news about the funeral. Apparently all was well, and my cousin took things very well. I guess when you have a child that is that is even before birth and knowing the circumstances you have the chance to settle in yourself the reality of the situation and that everyday is precious as he could go at any moment. So the family were prepared. My mom said it was a celebration of his life. She dressed him in a little cow boys outfit with boots and all. Being from texas that is the thing to do. My mom said he looked like an angel and that he still had loads of colour as though he were only sleeping. Neither of us saw him or had any relationship with him, and my being over here it is hard to be part of the situation. But I am certainly , as a mother myself, empathetic to her situation. As was my mother. She she he looked similar to my son and that was what made her breakdown. I am sure it does hurt her, my being over here. I have 2 brothers, but one is estranged, and the other has no kids of his own. So there is only me. And I have here. I mean she has 6 other step grandkids who she loves very much, but your own makes a big difference. She always dotes over the LU when I am home. And it freaks me out, as I can't imagine her ever being like that when I was little. Don't get me wrong. My mom is lovely, sweet, kind, thoughtful at times person. But, i would never describe her as warm. She is indeed quite cold, abrupt, and someone emotionless. Which is what I find hard. But to my son, you would never know it though. She is like someone else when my son is around. But I do love it. The first time I took him to the US when he was 1, he struggled to settle the first night, because of the changes in evenything. But she did it. She picked him up in the dark and just cuddled and rocked him, and in he stopped screaming almost immediately, and was asleep in 10 minutes. Where I had already been trying for an hour. It is amazing. Anyway, sorry.

Point it...the funeral went well and he got the send off he deserved. The family were all there, and celebrating the 1 year he had. he was 53 weeks ok. just past he 1st birthday. I am not religious, but I know he is in a better state now, no more pain, and no tubes, no more meds...and that is a good thing.

Anyway on the upside....today should be good. We are going to sort the tree out....maybe go out to lunch with LU and just spend some time together, once I sort out all the crap I need to do. So hope you all have a nice day.=-)

Gem it takes me 25 mins to get to work, which is a b*tch sometimes, but then i think of my poor cousin who has to travel for an hour and a half to work and back everyday and i realise it's not too bad lol. Those hat's were ace but if i bought it it would just sit in my room - it's quite unlikely that i would have worn it out. although perhaps it would give a good impression, say, on a first date with someone? :p

Jenn, i'm glad to hear that the funeral went ok. I think that people tend to mellow the older they get - i know my mum had a tough time with my grandma; she's not cold, in fact she's incredibly loving, but she used to get extremely angry quite easily. as a grandma she's excellent though! I hope you have an excellent day with LU today, i'm sure he'll love putting the tree up! I still do and i'm 23! :S In fact we're trying to persuade my mother to get a real one again this year - think we'll be putting it up next weekend. Can't wait, YAY!

xxx

its really nice to see a male on this site, congratulations on taking your first step to loosing, get some walking done on that lovely prom, good luck and keep me posted with your progress xx

donzi, hi! we seem to have lost tyn at the moment lol, but we're keeping his diary warm for his return.

good luck with your weight loss! x

Evening all, had a bit of a busy day today. Took my friend to her hospital appointment and she has finally got the ok for her gastric band so she should have that done in the new year! I am so happy for her. I am off to karate and kickboxing tonight so wont be here long.

Elle, I'm glad you put that picture up, it's great! Those hats really suited you and Abz

Hi everyone and welcome Donzi :)

I wasn't really looking forward to going into school today but it turned out to be a good day. I was working "out of school" this morning and the student was really pleasant and then this afternoon I was on "pick-up" on site (which is kinda trouble-shooting). I did a mini-lesson with two students who weren't settling in class and then brought out the tantrix tiles for a boy who seemed likely to disrupt the rest of the class. It's great when it's like that cos you feel like you're doing a good job when you are able to engage the ones who are on the rampage :D

I was told this morning that I am going on a course Friday and Monday to brush up on physical restraint. It should be fun - a group of adults marauding around trying to restrain each other. Seriously though it is good to have those skills available even if you rarely have to use them. I always think that restraint is the last resort after de-escalating by persuasion and diversion.

Elle - Next weekend is hopefully the time for our tree is going up. We stopped having real trees because we are not at home for long over the Christmas so we can have the fake tree for longer. We have two - one for the conservatory and one for the lounge. Then I've got a tall thin one that I can take away with me so I suppose its "tree trees" - oh dear that was really bad x:8855:

Jenn - I'm so glad the funeral went well. It's never easy, especially when it's a child.

Grandparents often find it easier to relate to the grandchildren as they don't have the everyday care worries and they can give them back afterwards. Also you have your own children, often with no previous experience and no user manual or operating guide included. Life is a fantastic teacher x :)

Have a lovely Monday evening everyone x:)

Evening all, had a bit of a busy day today. Took my friend to her hospital appointment and she has finally got the ok for her gastric band so she should have that done in the new year! I am so happy for her. I am off to karate and kickboxing tonight so wont be here long.

Elle, I'm glad you put that picture up, it's great! Those hats really suited you and Abz

Hi Taz. Great news for your friend. I hope it does what she wants it to do.

Taz, those hats were ace weren't they and didn't you think they had found their natural homes? Still the photo is there to remind us of a great day out with fun people.

Have a good session this evening and enjoy x

My tree went up today. I have it decorated and lit up already. Tomorrow morning I will start wrapping the presents to go under it. I haven't had a real tree since we moved here just over 2 years ago as we have a deep pile carpet and it would be a mare getting any dropped needles out of it

You're quick with your tree Taz. My house is too messy to put the tree up at the moment. I need to have a bit of a tidy round - No. A lot of a tidy round x

Hi all, glad you had a great time in Brum. Maybe I'll gatecrash next time. Love the pic of the hats! :p

Jenn - glad the funeral went ok, it's a trying time for all x

Taz - hope training went ok tonight :)

Lee & Donzi - :welcome:
Tyn - come out, come out whereover you are! :missing:

I'm very jealous about all these decs & trees going up, ours won't be up for weeks yet! x :(

Evening all (again!)

Frijj, you could have joined us but would have been a very long journey for a day out!

Gem, my house isn't the tidiest either but we have tree space! Tomorrow I will wrap all the presents and put them under it

Training was good but hard work tonight

Jools - you could've come to Brum on Saturday, it was just a meet for friends on "Big Boys" and you are one of us too. It'll be great if you can come to the next one, we are hoping that Tyn and Jenn can come too. :):):) x

Taz - How did the class go? :)

Tyn - What's happening with you? :confused: x

Abz - How's the tank top coming along. I bet those needles are just a blur :D x

Elle - Have you been good (food-wise) after your naughty day yesterday? :D x

Night night all - time for sleepy byes :nightf:

Thanks girls. It would have been nice to meet you all but Taz is right, it would have been an incredibly long day. Not that you're not all worth it mind you!! :p

Back