Big Boys Need Love Too!

I agree. Most of the meals I make are less than half an hour to prepare and SO worth it. I did stuffed mushrooms again last night with sweet potato mash cauli, brocolli and carrots - half hour prep x

i usually do cook from scratch, which is why i have no ready meals in the house, ha. and i don't cook with salt. but i need to get my portion sizes under control. i'll think on it in any case. at the moment we are so broke i don't think it's going to be an option in any case. think it's going to be potatoes and toast for a while...

abz xx

Abz - When I do things like a veggie pasta I always mix in the pasta at the end. When it comes to dishing up my portion I reckon it's 2 scoops from the large spoon from the wall rack thats about right for my portion. Then with curry it's one of rice and one or two of curry, depending on how runny or thick it is. I have unlimited cruciferous vegetables and salads. I hope this is helpful x

well given the depth of the snow, if i can get anywhere today i think i'll go for the jacket potato option. :) there's a fudi over the road where you can get a jacket potato and shove other things in it for a certain price. think it's a couple of quid. so that will do nicely. no enforced butter or cheese etc like you get otherwise. failing that i'll nip to the tesco over the road, buy some potatoes and some innards and use the work microwave, ha. will have to see how costly a potato from fudi will be. it's rather swish in there so it could be pricey but i seem to remember it being reasonable. we have no food in the house at the moment so i may have to go to tesco and get some supplies in any case...

abz xx

Morning!

How much snow do you have abz? we have an inch or two, not much yet, but it is still snowing.

about 4-5 inches i reckon. there were at least four on the car this morning but not so bad in the centre of leeds. still far more than it's seen in years though...

Holy craptastic, its white here in Preston Aswell!

Not much atm, less / upto and inch from what i can tell, but its still falling. Did not expect to wake up to that today! Woohoo! lol.

Good morning all btw :)

Good morning everyone :)

Fantastic birthday yesterday. I'm defo officially old now, purple hair or not :eek:

I spoke to all my kids yesterday (sounds a lot but there's only 3) and my 3 year old grandson who didn't want his mummy to have the phone back. While I was out yesterday afternoon he left a message on the phone "Hello Granny, Happy Birthday - I love you" then when his mum rang later he had to have the phone from her to talk to me in person :D

We have NO SNOW and it's SO unfair - it often misses us out so I'm hopeful that this will be the exception.

No extra squatters as a result of my eating/drinking weekend I'm glad to say so back on course this week for losing the little blighters :D

Abz - The spud thing is a good idea. I love jacket spuds and they are good for weightloss. I never have butter in a JS. My fave one is cottage cheese or cottage cheese with chives. I like prawns too but I end up having a bit of thousand island or low fat mayo with prawns - still good though :)

Have a lovely day everyone :) x

Happy belated 25th (21 sucks, its all about 25 they keep telling me!) Gem!! Happy Birthday to youuuuu Happy birth day to etc etc yada yada you get the point.

And ohhh i am so gonna have a Jackie Spud today, i love them with Cheese, beans and Mayo. Its very nomnom. Not healthy, but still nomnom.

Oh and hiya all! - Yes, i really am as hyper as i sound! 3 more days until my mobile contract is done, and i can get a LG Cookie. WoopWoop!

What language are you 2 talkin' - I'm happy with my nokia xpress music but quite interested in the clever stuff people put in their pockets too x

I wish i could aford the viewty, but i am dropping back to pay as you go, i am bored of paying the £20 a month, when i rarely use my free/texts mins lol. And when you buy them on pay as you go, they get dirty expensive. I saw one of the Fake China Iphone clones on Ebay, less expensive that my cookie, but i don't trust it full stop, you don't get access to all the benifits of an iphone, and not very trusting, so i skipped on it. :-(

Aparently the Viewty is cheaper than the iphone and you aren't tied to Apple with it. I have an ipod and I would NEVER buy another Apple product. Although I love my ipod, I hate the complicated way to get music onto it. My other mp3's have been so simple to download to

Same, i had 2 ipods, it was tediously complicated just to add music to it, and i am a total computer geek, thankfully it broke awhile ago, so now i just use a normal/cheap MP3 player and its stupidly more easy. The less space can be annoying at times (Only 2gig) But thats ALOT of music, half the stuff i don't listen to anymore. And the only bonus i can see from the Iphone is the apps. They all look interesting, but thats about it for the good side.

The cookie looks very nice, its not got the apps, a standard camera (more than a iphone it seems) you can draw on your own photos (oh the fun and rude drunk games that could start!!) not to mention you flip it over while writing a text, and the text pad flips over and you have a qwerty keyboard! lol.

Its not anywhere near as powerful as a Viewty, but its only about £100, so thats my price range lol.

If i was rich and had tons of money, i would totally get an Iphone with the internet and just use that instead of my laptop all the time lol. I wish i could go back on contract and get a facebook package, it would be so much easier. lol

Back