Big Boys Need Love Too!

well guys. i don't know what i'm going to do to be honest. but if i do decide to have the odd low carb meal as well as having just the shakes i'm not going to beat myself up about it. i am actually thinking of having a low carb meal and experimenting to see if it effects my weight loss. if it does then i know that it's a no go. if i still have great losses then i really don't need to worry about it any more do i? what do you think? i just think i should be ruling this diet, not the other way around...

abz xx

Girls. Intervention time.

Abz and Jenn. You might 'want' to eat this meat. And you might also want to rip the testicles off your OH for being a huffy man. But just give yourself some more time. Guzzle some H20, make something that you can chew/crunch out of your packs asap. (crisps, muffin, something frozen). You just gotta trick your noggin into thinking your giving it what it wants.

I think you will both really regret it if you quit now. Try and push for the 1month part. And if you need some distraction, read this blog: My CambridgeLife - iBlog, Do You?

Not sure if you have read it or not, if so then re-read it. Its what made me decide CD is what i want.

When you get a second, run yourself a nice hot bath. Grab some candles, hand the kids and stuff off to the OH's. Declare a Do Not Disturb zone around the bath room. Turn the light off and have a soak. And ask yourself this: Do i want to be slim(er) in a few more months?

We all know CD will work. But do you think its worth putting up with these cravings to make it work?

Then, praise me for added this next section.

steve.jpg

And perv away!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Hi Martyn

Hope you don't mind - but I've been reading this thread in the last couple of days and just felt I wanted to say how sorry I am to hear about your Mum and how amazingly brave you're being. I can't pretend to know how you're feeling - just wanted to send you lots of love and positive vibes. You have some great friends and family to get you through this - and you are strong enough to do it. And how lovely you are - to be able to still give out the support (and sexy pics - thanks!) when its probably the last thing you feel like.

You are a diamond. Be strong

Carol x

abz...that is what I said to my OH...If i am going to do this I am going to do it 100%, If I am going to be toutured anyway i would rather be torured for 6 months or 8 months...then 1 1/2 years!!

ha. that is so true. but what if it makes no difference to my weight loss? i mean, the way low carbing and ketosis work it should make no difference at all... i'm not condoning it. not saying it won't slow down my weight loss a bit. but if i'm getting all my vits and minerals. which is the difficulty with atkins etc, then what's the problem? as long as i confess my sins to my cdc... it's my inner guilt i'm fighting with. i hate the fact that food can make me feel so ****ing guilty!!

abz xx

abz...it's your decision...you do what you think you can handle...for me I would just find more and more ways to have what I want...which is why I don't want to do it. It isn't so much the meat...well it is the meat, but it is the fruit i miss. I miss having bananas and grapes...I missing being able to have a salad....but you know what...I am going to stick at this....until I really feel like I just can't handle it anymore and then I may have some meat...my cdc lady told me that i should give myself permission to have a small piece of meat and a small salad once in a while if I really really feel I need it. and if I comes to it I will. Worse that can happen is I gain a pound, but on this it is easily lost....I just worry that it will be come a regular routine....plus the baby thing is in my head...the LU thing is in my head and the MIL thing is in my head...so even if it is just to say ***k you to my MIL than so be it!!

Thanks and welcome Carol!

Abz, i am not sure if its such a good idea to eat the meal. There has got to be a reason why they tell you to eat only the packs. If the SS+ isn't going to work, then maybe have a look around for a new diet? I just don't want you to fall out of Ketosis and then have to start over again, i can only guess how difficult it is to get back into it.

If its making you so unhappy tho, i would advise that you give it up. Instead of torturing yourself over it. Nothing is ever worth that.

xx

martyn....you're such a sweetie pie....why aren't you on CG it is a right ole mess...hahaha...there was a blip earlier and I got my days money and dazza and burberry girl robbed about 80,000 off me and now they are both on line and I will be demanding the money back or they can both stay in hospital permanently.hahaha i am evil

well to be honest tyn, there are really torturous moments, and you get through them and you feel better about yourself because you did. but i just seem to be having far too many of them. i'm hormonal and craving like mad. but since i'm one week on and one week off the bloody totm i'm hormonal all the time. leading up to, during, and on the come down, so it's no wonder i'm craving is it!?! and i'll feel really hypocritical if i do this low carb thing occasionally too. i don't want it to become a habit. i just want to be able to do it. but that feels like i'm laughing in the face of the people that do it 100% and get through the struggle. i'm just beating myself up in every possible way. if i do it i feel shitty and i beat myself and if i don't do it i feel miserable and beat myself up. i just don't know what to do. but don't fret about me at the mo hon. you need to be looking after you :)

abz xx

abz.. i am right with you hun....but what i would say is are you "hungry" or are you "craving"? my thing is I am "hungry" which I thought I wouldn't be.....and I have the Occasional crave. But it is your choice in what you feel you can do and be comfortable. I like not being in my comfort zone...it makes me work harder.

LU just asked me why i want more babies....how freaky is that....it hasn't even been mentioned...."do do do do, do do do do"

i am craving. i'm not hungry. but i feel like i'm going insane i'm craving so much!! i haven't had my final shake of the day yet. i think i'll have a chocolate one and see if it calms me a little bit. i highly doubt it...

abz xx

abz..i have been having the cappacinno for breakfast...(hot) and the soup for my dinner and a bar in the evening. seems to be helping me a little. plus I am drinking so much water it is unreal.

see i liked SW but I just wasn't exerciseing properly....and I was really having more than I should even though they say you can have as much as you like. It isn't true...but I am sure if I ate slower and just stopped when i was full I would be ok. I just have to get back into the exercise.........but it may be an idea to go back to once I am totally and utterly fed up with this one!! But then I guess i am not at strong as I thought!!

well that's how i'm feeling right now. i think it's probably hormones to be honest. i've never been a binger at totm, but then i've never been not eating and this is the third one i've had to go through and i think i may be going a wee bit mad...

well enough of me and my moaning. bad abi!! i don't know whether i'm going to give in to my cravings or not, but that's enough whining about it. if i do i do and if i don't well i'll just deal with them again tomorrow.

what has everyone else been up to? how are all of you doing?

abz xx

how did you do on sw last time jenn? i did really well on it for a while and then fell off. i used to eat far far too much of the 'free' foods, ha. did you go to a class or did you just do it on your own?

abz xx

sorry abz i was putting the LU to bed. He went late tonight cuz i let him play on the wii as a treat for eating his dinner till he was full up.

I did well but did the same thing and hate too much of the free foods. but now from doing the CD I have learned about my eating habits and when I want to eat even when I am not hungry. It may take me longer but this is a life time change.

yeah. i have suffered through tonight. although without some people on here (who, i hasten to add i think i may have driven insane if they weren't already) i may not have made it. i'll probably have to go through exactly the same thing again tomorrow, but ho hum, another day is another day is another day right? and at least now i know where i stand with things if they get TRULY desperate... i really really really want to lost that 2 stone before going to denmark. really really really!!

now i just need to wait up until some of the water i drank to stop from eating goes through me or i'll be getting up all night...

abz xx

well i am definately going back to SW....just going to see how long I can last on this...at least get some weight off me. I guess it isn't just about the weight....it's about my quality of life...and right now...I have none.

Abz, dont you worry, if you need to whine, paddy, cry, yell or whatever, Tyns place is always open! lol. Jeez i have done enough of it myself! lol, and i had comfort food to help! lol.

The way i am viewing CD at the moment, is the lesser of 2 very evil evils. I can be misrible, fat, and die young, or i can torture myself for 4-5 months, get thin, more healthy and have alot of one night stands to make myself feel better about it.

Maybe you should try to find a hobby to pick up? Maybe knitting? Or computer games, go to book clubs or something. Anything that can make your mind drift off in another direction away from the food? I know its possibly not that easy, but maybe its worth a shot?

Either way, we are all here for you, the pair of you no matter what you decide.

P.S if you need more eye candy to take your mind off it, i will brake out the good stuff tomorrow! hahah

Back