Big Boys Need Love Too!

Unfortunately, I have found the UK holidays are rather expensive...and if you want to go all out you can normally get good deals to jamaica or barbados for about £699 for 2 weeks usually all inclusive.
Or you could do a cruise from southhampton is you didn't want to fly but want to see loads of places without having to pack your bags and move every few days. Cruises are great. We like them. Waiting till LU is a little older before we go on another.

lastminute.com is a great place to start to look for holiday ideas if you are open to when and where you go. And then if you find someplace you like and in your price range. Go and look up reviews on the hotel, just to make sure that you are getting a good deal and that there aren't any hidden surprises. We ALWAYS do that. When we plan a holiday I always look around and then when i find a deal I go to other websites and see who is the cheapest...and even call quite a few to see if one will under cut the other. Just whatever price you have drop it £30-40 pounds each and see if they bit, don't tell them which company or they might check....but say " well i have already been quoted XXX amount, but i wanted to see if your company had any offers for this holiday and if you had any added extras for the price.

I once for a holiday that was mean to cost me £9800 down to £6100 just from talkin smack to all the people...and in the end...they were just about making a profit, because I knew some inside info.

Virgin also do good holidays but they can be pricey, but again you can go to several places. And remember that with the fuel stuff at the moment there is bound to be a suppliment for that...and even some countries charge you extra for leaving or entering the countries ( but not usually in europe.) Just call me the holiday guru!! hahaha

well guys i have just had my low carb meal :) ha. so i now need to monitor my weight loss and see if it is effected. obviously tomorrow morning i will probably have the weight of the food to contend with. and i know i'm going to a mate's house tomorrow night and i might end up having to have a little something when they all get takeaway, chicken tikka or something. but i don't feel really guilty or anything. will just see how it goes. it has taken the edge off the craving, the problem is that now i feel like i'm craving stuff but i don't know what for. and this salt thing is bloody awful!! ha. am still happy to be doing cd though. and having the odd low carb meal as something to look forward to :)

abz xx

Have come clean to OH what I am doing on here. I said, "Well ask me how much weight I have lost". He said, "Have you?". I said "Well have I?". He looked at me kinda hard and said, "I don't know, I can't see anything". Well, if 1st and a dress size don't make a difference to how I look, that's pretty sad.

Good that you don't feel guilty Abz and really good that you feel better. I hope the salt taste goes away soon. x

of course it makes a difference honey. but guys don't tend to notice. i just think it means that he's always loved you for you, not what you look like. he probably never noticed you getting bigger so can't see why you want to get smaller. men's minds work in strange ways babes. i am sure there is a difference. in fact, shove up a pic and we'll have a look :D

Don't wanna do the pic thing yet Abz. Elle - just noticed the rep point. Ta for that. x

Thanks for the confidence boost Abz. Have a look at virtual me on pics. Shape is fairly accurate so you can have a peek at that instead. x

Abz is right...most men especially after being married for a long time...dont even notice you change you hair colour...or you got a new shirt or that you cut 6 inches off your hair... Men....can't live with them...and live cleaner without them!! hahaha....

Well my OH has said that he notices my bits have become wobbly. ( which I not sure if that is good or not) but I can tell that I have lots weight, under my breast and my upper abs ( if I had them). It is just the lower 2/3 i need to focus on. But going to start taking my boxer for long walks in the morning. She pulls me so much I am almost in a trott just going the 2.2 miles round the village. hahaha.

Abz...I am glad you made the choice you need to for yourself. My offer is still here is you want to nab my soups and shakes I have left. Plus i have 4 bars too. I emailed my cdc earlier but not heard back yet. I am sure she is going to go off her nut...but...not my problem really. You know I thought, was fearful actually, that I was going to want to shove all kinds of food down my throat after nearly 3 weeks no food. But I am surprisingly content at the moment. I am tired though. Been up since 7am....yes you read that right ....7am. Had a boobie scan ( junk about a lump) and then went to the store to get groceries, and then to the butchers and then to the accountants. And back home all by 11:30am. Freaked me out too. Now I have tons of house work to do and the dishes, and I have to take LU to his group in the morning then a mate of mine is coming over...who I thought would be supportive, and turns out she always seems to be a "told you so" kinda person. Which annoys the crap out of me.

She tells me that people take her as they find her...as she does with people and if her house is dirty...so what people like it or lump it. Which is what I think. (i mean I clean my house) but when she comes over I am always during laundry and dishes and sweeping ect....and she wants to help me or just starts doing stuff herself , which makes me feel like maybe she doesn't "just accept me for the way i am". So who knows I may avoid her....but then again...she has a jump for charity on saturday so I am going to have to see her....darn it!!ahhhhhhhhhhhh

poor jenn. ha. well you should be able to take them back to your cdc and get a refund hon if they are still in date? or you could keep having one for brekkie on sw to keep your cals low or something? i don't know. ha. i just don't know how i'd explain it to my cdc that i didn't need as much stuff this time around :) but if you can't return it then i'll probably take it off your hands :)

i'm glad you are feeling happier hon. now just make sure you stay on track!!

abz xx

i am off to bed now guys. so i'll see you in the morning. i'm back at work, then going out for coffee with some friends from my old job, then going to another mate's house (the bride i was bridesmaiding for) and everyone is planning on drinking (but me of course, ha) and then off for the weekend. at which point i think there is going to be some kind of dinner party at my place... i'm not bloody cooking it though, ha.

catch you all later. love to you all :)

abz xx

Have come clean to OH what I am doing on here. I said, "Well ask me how much weight I have lost". He said, "Have you?". I said "Well have I?". He looked at me kinda hard and said, "I don't know, I can't see anything". Well, if 1st and a dress size don't make a difference to how I look, that's pretty sad.

Please don't be despondent Gem - nobody noticed when I'd lost a stone at all I think it is because at the start when you are heavier and the first stone comes off its a smaller percentage of your total weight, and it comes off all over so even though you notice others don't. It was only when I'd lost over 2 that people starting noticing.

Your OH just accepts you as you - which is actually great, and mine is the same. He never said anything when I put the weight on - he loved me regardless. Believe me having had an ex-husband who criticised me constantly about the way I looked to the point where I'd starve in front of him, binge when he wasn't there, lie about what I was eating and pretend to go to the gym to keep him happy I know what kind of man I'd rather have.

I'm sure that if you explain why you want to lose weight and how it will make you feel he will be fully supportive - my OH has been great.

Try not to let it get you down - after all you are doing this for you. You are always so full of inspirational advice and support for everyone else, try and take it on board for you too. It will all be worth it in the end. I wish you lots of strength.

Carol x

You have to do what makes you feel better about yourself. Nothing else matters.

I am currently trying to find a place to go on holiday before uni starts. I have no idea however where to look. Never been on holiday before (Unless you count the week in France when i was about 9 years old.. lol)

Its harder than it looks! lol

We want cheap, sunny, booze and sight seeing chances. Any ideas?

What about one of the Greek islands? When I was 23 I went to Crete with some girlfriends - cheap self catering accom, hundreds of bars/restaurants all doing happy hours, partied till 4 every morning - slept on beach to recover from the hangovers!! Fabulous fun - Crete also has some great sites too - ancient Knossos Palace, Samaria Gorge and some lovely local villages. Have also been to Kos, Skiathos, Kefalonia, Santorini and loved them all - Crete was definitely the party place though!!

Love Spain too though - Barcelona is fabulous.

Good luck with your search and have a great time - you deserve it

Carol x

Wow! Thank you Carol. You are of course right. He is not really observant in the people sort of things (although he notices a scratch on the car immediately) but he does care. I am doing this for me and that is really what matters. My daughter HAD noticed and was very supportive so it about balances out evens I guess. I am feeling much better and hoping for smaller numbers tomorrow morning before my weekend away. x

Helen - I guess you are talking about our lovely Martyn - he's a star! x

Night night Abz - Sweet dreams and No, why should you cook! x

Jenn - You sound really upbeat again. Thats FABULOUS! x

I wonder how Taz got on today. Tattoo or not tattoo? I hope she enjoyed her time with her brother and didn't get too drunk! x

And Tyn - Wherever you are, be strong and enjoy the good news you had today x

Had a boobie scan ( junk about a lump) and then went to the store to get groceries, and then to the butchers and then to the accountants. And back home all by 11:30am. Freaked me out too.

Just clocked this bit. Hope all is well with you Jenn. x

Thanks Gem. Well you know I am!! And even after such a small amount of food, I really feel good again. I had enough energy ( which I haven't had since I started this) to do the big load of dishes I had, clean my entire kitchen ( bar the floor which i will do tomorrow) and finish the rest of my laundry. And to top it off I finshed all my water and I don't feel in the slightest hungry. I am not looking forward to eating tomorrow, but i know it will give me the engery I need, and I will be back to good ole jenn...on the road to a new me!!

p.s I got my vibrating exerciser today. WOW what a great piece of kit. Burns off tons of calories...and gets you super tone. Even within a few minutes you feel the work out. Downside is ...when you are on it...there is no way you can look at anyone and actually focus...hahaha

But starting tomorrow..( fingers crossed no rain) I will be getting up early ( instead of 11am) and after breakfast....taking LU for a walk around the village...and then off to group!! I will vibrate my but off later. But I am really happy now. Onward and upwards....down with the pounds....hahaha!!

Carol what great advice....two very senseable ladies on here....where am I going to fit in...hahaha.
Night all...

You fit it just nicely Jenn. Take care of yourself x

Back