Big Boys Need Love Too!

Hi Jenn, I know I'm new around here but I just wanted to say that you sound like you are actually dealing with it really well. You are able to articulate your feelings and that is a much better thing that just sitting on them. Take Care. Claire x

you are certainly a strong person hon. keep it up :)

i'm not sure whether i want to switch to sw. i know it works, i am just good at cheating on it... i am doing well on 810 and the 1000 plan on cd allows three whole meals, ha. and plenty of fruit and veg. which is of course a bonus as you are still having 2 cd shakes for all your nutrients etc. i don't think i've ever been as nutrient full as i have these last couple of weeks.

i am drinking plenty of water. only on about a litre so far today but that should be up to at least two by the time i go home, hopefully more. i am going to aim for four litres today... get rid of that excess water weight!! i just find it odd how i'm not supposed to be in ketosis but am getting ketosis side effects. of course some people do stay in ketosis during 810... i just didn't expect to be one of them.

my sciatica is playing hell with me today too. not sure why... only five more hours of work to go... we're getting there. ha.

abz xx

Hey everyone! At an internet cafe in Larnaca so clearly I had to pop by and say hi :) The last couple of days ive been keeping a diary for you guys because I miss having my support system and i'm trying to keep my connection. I have 24minutes to write as much as i can lol...

I havent managed to read much but Jenn, hugs from me :) Hope you have a nice time in Cornwall Gem Gem:) and Abz, have you switched diets? Good luck with your squatters hun im sure you'll get rid of them asap ;)

So here's what ive written...

21st August 2008

dear friends, teachers and fellow minimins...

Im sat in a restaurant by the beach trying hard not to eat too much. The past nine days ive been trying, sometimes successfully, sometimes not, to keep to some form of diet routine, while allowing myself the odd treat because im on my hols. ive been finding it uber difficult because i havent been logging on all day every day speaking to you lovely people. so in thought id keep a diary and copy it out online whenever i can... that way i can keep that connection going. after all it would be so depressing if i get back to england having put on loads of weight. im not waiting for a massive loss...im on my hols after all, and the icecream over here isnt skinny cow, unfortunately:p but people over here have been telling me how nice i look now ive lost weight and dyed my hair darker. infact my aunty came to visit this morning and was talking about models and how its stupid that theyre all ridiculously skinny when most of us arent. and then she said "it's not good for you to be skinny or too big, we all need to be just right. just like you are now that youve lost loads of weight." this was nice of her and i thought better of saying, well actually, ive got just over a stone more to lose before i get to that point, lol.

Anyway, the whole point of that was to say that people are noticing and saying how much better i look because of it so I CANT ALLOW MYSELF TO GO THE WRONG WAY UP THE SCALES.

Guys im seriouslty missing my porridge of a morning, and my breakfasts have been a bit all over the place, partly because ive been waking up late, partly because ive been so busy.

This morning i had a roll of bread with a bit of peanut butter and jam and some melon.then i came to the beach and had a swim, and ive just had a late lunch of proper chicken kebab with lots of salad, some bread, and i had a couple of chips. Literally about 2/3. I wont eat another big meal just some fruit later on perhaps. hopefully i wont be tempted by icecream.

p.s, we'll see how my body reacts to the change in the times we eat over here..

p.p.s. Gem Gem digestive system is working like crazy, all hands on deck to catch up with all the work it missed back in England hahaha..

p.p.p.s. that night i had 2 scoops of sorbet, an apple, and some freshly squeezed orange juice.

guys thats all i can manage for now, back on as soon as i can xxx

sounds like you are having a fabulous time hon and are keeping on track really really well :) it's great when people notice isn't it? bet you are looking fab. and tanned!! abz xx

Woo Hoo

Hi everyone. I wanted to share a small personal victory. I am a plate clearer. I only leave food if I don't like it. I've read about stopping eating when I'm full but never managed it. Until today. Today I just thought to stop. I'm full but not uncomfortable. And I'm happy to not eat more.:)
And the proof:

Attachments

• Pasta.jpg
    Pasta.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 25
well done claire. I discovered that just before I started to really diet. I never used to listen to my body. I just ate all of it because it tasted good at the time. But I don't do that any more. No matter how nice it is...once I feel I am full I stop. If I am out to dinner I get the waiter/waitress to take the food away when I am done, so i don't pick on it 10 minutes later..and when at home I sort out my plate when I am full so as not to pick. It has definately worked for me. Even with the naughty bits I have had recently, the weight is still coming off...which I think is honestly down to eating only when I am actually hungry, and stopping when I am full.

So well done and keep it up.

J

morning everyone. well i think we are going to get tickets to go and see hellboy 2 later on tonight which would be nice :) other than that i don't really have any plans. feeling groggy because i went back to sleep when i woke up pre-6am and had to fight to get back to sleep...

the sun is trying to come out so if it does i'll probably sit outside for a bit. if it doesn't then one of my mates is bringing a jigsaw over. we have high octane lives dontcha know :D

also, all my squatter lbs for the week seem to have vanished so i have until monday evening to lose some proper weight. how much is it possible to lose in a couple of days? ha. somehow i don't think the result of this week's weigh in is going to be that impressive... still, at least all the water weight i gained has gone. if i keep up the water for the next few days hopefully i'll get some kind of loss...

abz xx

Well my scales are still saying the same as they did pre-WI so either they are stuck or I am doing ok this week! Ha ha

ha, keep it up taz. get those numbers moving down. it's such a great feeling so i'm told, ha. i really want to get to the two stone loss mark. it's been evading me for weeks now!! on ss most people have lost 2 stone within their first two months because of the initial weight loss and here i am after 11 weeks still trying to get there. still. i can't sniff at what i have lost, and i'm very glad that it's gone... but aaargh. ha.

abz xx

Yeah it is nice when the numbers go down but usually they go up in the few days after WI for me so I am pleased that they are staying put! Hopefully in the next few days I will shift a few and get nearer to my first mini goal!

I really think that CD just isn't for you hun and you should consider a different diet. Just my opinion!

well i've moved up the plans a bit now. next week i'll be on the 1000 plan and i think i'll be happy staying with that for a while. i have gained and then lost 5 lbs this week. think i'll be staying the same at weigh in tonight, but then it is a day early, ha. i don't think sole source was working for me but that is why we've moved onto something else. if after another couple of weeks it still isn't shifting then i'll try something else. i do love the support and help i get from my cdc however, something i never got at ww or other group sessions and it has kept me more on the straight and narrow. and i have lost nearly 2 stone, which like i say, i can't sniff at. i think i've just gotten greedy with my weight loss expectations...

abz xx

I just realised about 5 minutes ago that all I have had today is one cup of coffee so I just grabbed a bottle out of the cupboard! I will get round to having breakfast soon too!

i am in the same position taz. have come into work this morning to discover that none of the prelim work for a massive test we are doing tomorrow and it's all been left for me to do today. i'm peeved because i don't know what the hell the guy that was in yesterday was doing. probably nothing because it was a sunday, but i should have had the easy day today for working the bank holiday. grrr.

abz xx

Back