Big Boys Need Love Too!

gem, that's so lovely. I bet there wasn't a dry eye to be seen.

how are you doing taz?

i totally failed to remain even vaguely good yesterday. i've decided today that i'm not going to worrry too much about sticking exactly to the amounts of fruit etc i'm allowed as long as i'm eating the right foods. i figure it's the first step in getting back into the swing of things. what do you reckon?

abz xx

:character00238: Good morning everyone :character00238:

It is autumnal this morning. There is a chill in the air but once again Mr Sun is trying to poke his happy little head through :character00238:

I am feeling ok after yesterday. Although a sad occasion it was lovely to see some old friends of my parents and family that I don't see very often. It was a priviledge to be able to buy drinks for the wonderful care workers who were with my Mum through her last hours and the one from day staff who, though struggling with the English language, managed to raise many laughs with Mum and talked about Mum's naughty rhymes with a tear in her eye at the wake. The two girls who were with her at the end came to the funeral at 12.30, having been on duty all night They freshened up and came in their uniforms - THAT is dedication.
:party0011:
:party0011:YAY FOR DEDICATED CARE WORKERS :party0011:
:party0011:
Abz - you know what I think already. I think you shouldn't restrict healthy foods but your CDC may not agree with me.​

The difference is that I consider myself to be on a lifestyle journey. I have some scheduled stops on the way and there will be some unscheduled stops but the ultimate responsibility for the journey is mine. I know where the destination is (as far as I can tell without an up to date map of the future or a sat nav) and I know that there will be many short journeys around the radius of the destination once there.​

My journey is the journey of a lifetime, a journey of discovery and one that I am determined to enjoy. My journey involves healthy choices but does not rule out anything completely so I never really feel deprived. This is something I really can do.​

If you feel there is something that will help you get to the end of YOUR journey - JUST DO IT and ENJOY!!!!!!​

Morning all! :D

Gem that sounds like a lovely send off for your mum. :) I'm glad you were happy with everything.

Abz - I agree with Gem. You should do what feels comfortable for you. :)

Went looking for a dress in Brum last night after work. Mum came and met me but we couldnt find anything, although i was surprised that Karen Millen's size 16 actually fits me. Anyway we were starving when we finished so we went to nandos! Frankie and Benny's two nights ago, Nandos last night! I had probably a bit too much chicken, corn on the cob and salad, no fries. even though we got extra because my mum loves them.. nobody could finish them off (my sis was there too) and they were sat there staring me in the face. But it doesn't bother me too much anymore. I'm used to ordering chips now and leaving most of them, I do it without noticing! Yay!

Still 13st 7lbs today so fingers crossed for tomorrow morning :)

I love the autumnal feel Gem, I get very nostalgic this time of year. When it's a clear but chilly day and the leaves are turning red and brown and falling off the trees, and you get your big cosy scarf out and go for lovely long walks.... and then you get to CHRIIIIIIIISTMAAAAAAAAAAAAAS!! :D Yay yay yay!!

xxxxx

Thanks Gem :) Although it's sunny now, kind of ruins the nostalgia:p haha x

I love sunny autumn days, walking in the woods with dried leaves crunching like cornflakes under your feet (best thing to do with cornflakes on reflection - they're yucky!!)

how are you doing taz?
Hey Abz, I'm not great at the moment. Hopped onto the scales this morning and it wasn't a pretty sight so I am avoiding WI tonight. I have some kind of bug setting in too which I don't like! I am going to ask my friendly nurse what is going around at the moment cus I had a similar kind of cold at the beginning of the year and after a few days it seemed to be shifting and I was feeling better but the next day it hit like a ton of bricks and I was laid up on the sofa barely able to move for more than a week! It was awful and I don't want the same thing again

aw hon. i hope you feel better soon. i hope your gran's funeral went well?

i feel like crap today. probably coming down off all the crap i ate yesterday. not something i am going to repeat today!! i have bought some chicken breast so tonight i will eat healthily damnit!! i am having my soup at the moment. i feel rather light headed and sick but it's all within usual perameters at the start of these things, ha. i need more water too as i think i've had a grand total of one gulp. and all my fruit is unripe. blummin tesco... have to wait three days before you can eat the stuff!!

your shopping stint sounds great elle :D

abz xx

Haha well it wasnt so great that i found a total of..nothing. Popped back into west one today at lunch and found a dress...size 16 was...TOO BIG!!! WOOP. it was practically falling off me. The size 14 fits just right. So im considering going back after and getting it - i didnt get it now to have a think. which colour should i go for, green on purple? haha. Plus it's a bargin at £45 - Which means my sum total for 2 nice dresses from there will be £78 which is about half of what the dresses cost that I saw yesterday! I kept saying to my mum that theres no point in paying so much as hopefully soon i shall not fit into it!

Gem totally agree on the cornflake front. they truly are disgusting. xxx

i quite like cornflakes :) prefer special k though surprisingly enough. cornflakes are only nice if you smother them in sugar...

abz xx

Yuk - sugar on cereals is truely nasty!!! In the days when I did eat cornflakes I couldn't stand sugar on them. I eat weatabix without sugar, honey or anything sweet and until my friends introduced me to the yummieness of honey and cinnamon I ate porridge that way too. I don't really like sweet cereals - muslei has to be natural and unsweetened x

nooo i dont go that far gem:p but yummy i shall put cinnamon on my porridge tomorrow morning! (as well as honey) xxx

well cornflakes without sugar are gross. my OH has cheerios with sugar on!! uuuurgh!! but then he likes immense amounts of sugar on everything. it's gross if we get the wrong cup of tea for example!!

well today i have managed to stick within the realms of the diet. i think i even managed to stick within the realms of the diet. i wasn't sure whether i'd cooked a wee bit too much pasta as my scales aren't that trustworthy but then i dropped half of it down the sink when i drained it so that solved that problem. ha. i am just sitting down with my dinner now :) pasta with some chicken and brocolli and mushroom and a teeny bit of tinned tomato and it's jubbly :D

abz xx

I have had the best afternoon. My hair needed doing for Saturday - roots coming through and the cut gone to pot!!!! I went to make the appointment at a local trendy hairdressers, decorated black and minimal and all the young stylists wear black.

A pleasant young man with a choppy fringe with deep pink in it asked me what I would like done. By the time I'd finished there were six young staff listening in and they brought out their top girl to talk to me.

I explained that I wanted my roots touched up with dark brown and streaks of blonde and purple throughout and on the front tips. I said I wanted an A-symetric edgy bob with long front bits and not to tone it down just cos I'm old. The expressions were wonderful.

Well, today was the day. Wash Girl washed my hair, Blow Dry Girl dried it and Top Girl came and did the initial cut. She then gave instructions to Colouring Girl and disappeared and I diappeared under foil packs and brown goo.

After 20 minutes in a sandwich toaster suspended from an arm on the wall, back came Top Girl who checked the colour and called upon Wash Girl again. Along came Blow Dry Girl again to dry it for the purple to be put in.

More instructions from Top Girl and Colouring Girl came back and put in the purple bits - a bit more technical this bit ;)

After another 15 minutes in the sandwich toaster Wash Girl was called upon to wash and condition my hair.

Top girl arrive again and blow dried and tidied up the cut.

I was there for 3 3/4 hours and all this time the young staff were stealing glances at this person who was obviously too old to live getting edgy purple hair.

gem!! what does it look like!!?! did you love it? i miss having bright coloured hair but i go through phases and because my natural hair is very dark i have to bleach it. i loved having red hair over highlights though. think there is a pic of me with them in my pics. i'm also at my fattest there though.

abz xx

I have never ever coloured my hair! It has natural golden highlights in the summer and I would never mess with it

gem!! what does it look like!!?! did you love it? i miss having bright coloured hair but i go through phases and because my natural hair is very dark i have to bleach it. i loved having red hair over highlights though. think there is a pic of me with them in my pics. i'm also at my fattest there though.abz xx

I have never ever coloured my hair! It has natural golden highlights in the summer and I would never mess with it

I get the urge now and then to have the odd purple or red streak, This time I have several. It looks really cool :cool: People look at it and say "It looks nice but subtle - then the light shines on it and it's subtle as a brick.

The colour purple for me is both my relaxing colour and my rebellious colour. Right now I'm feeling rebellious (not sure what about though)

I'm really pleased with the results. It's a really good professional job and I love it. x

Taz - I've been colouring my hair since a couple of years after I started going grey (when I was 9) x

I'm the same as you. I get blond and red highlights through my hair so I don't want to start paying for them! The grey is starting to appear though and once it gets to the point when i need colour I intend to go wild!

Sorry I've not been around. Work has been busy and Boy was over yesterday for dinner and a snog on the sofa. I can't stay cross with him unfortunately. I'm not sure he'll ever be the love of my life but he is rubbish at making time to see me even if it is a just for now thing.

I'm off to Norfolk for three days tomorrow (well later today). Just going for a rest but of course work has been manic leading up to me having a mere four days off! I'm really looking forward to getting out of London (even if I technically live in Hertfordshire - I get the tube to work ergo I live in London).

Love to all, chat soon. x

good morning guys. have a good time claire!! did you actually get to bed at some point?

i love dying my hair. mine is dark and in the summer it does get natural redding highlights in it. but i love putting a bright colour in it. next time i want to go more subtle. maybe have streaks put through it or something, but it is such a lot of hassle for me to keep dying it all the time, so i'm not sure about that. we'll see :) i love red. it cheers me up. it's such a bright and lovely colour.

put a pic up of your hair gem!! would love to see it!!

it's my day off today and i've still been awake since six. my OH leapt out of a bed in a panic yelling and shouting. he'd been dreaming he was late and he thought it looked light at the window when he woke. i was lying in a pitch black room saying 'it really isn't that late. honestly. the alarm would have gone off. it's still dark'. anyhoo. he finally calmed down just as the alarm clock went off but by that point i was well and truly awake, ha.

oh. and i lost 5.25lbs since yesterday :S and 3.25 of them were fat... and i checked a few times to make sure. i did the same yesterday (although that was out of desperation, this morning out of disbelief). i know all the fruit i ate yesterday did a mighty fine job but i must have been carting around a LOT of food in there :S also the dreaded totm has finally finished and i'm drinking more water. there now appears to be light at the end of the tunnel though and it's really spurred me on so that's good. and now i'm going to have to write all that again on my diary thread, ha. ah well :) so now i have just over 9lbs to go before i'm at pre-hols weight... hopefully most of those squatters will be gone before my official weigh in in two weeks...

how is everyone else today?

abz xx

Back