Big Boys Need Love Too!

:character00238: Good morning everyone :character00238:

Mr Sun is a little bit shy this morning - he should know how much we all love him.

On the hair front - I intend to grow old disgracefully ;)

Claire - Don't take any c**p from that Boy - Go wild with the hair, it's fun - Have a lovely time in Norfolk :D

Abz - My hair's as subtle as a brick. Well done for getting back on course. That's really good news. :cool:

Elle - I hope you enjoyed the cinnimon on your porridge - Yum x :p

Taz - How you doing? Hope you're feeling a bit better x :hug99:

Gooooooooooooooood morning everyone! I love dying my hair too. My hair is naturally lighter than most greeks and i go practically blonde in the summer. But i dont like it, prefer dark. I dye it a really dark brown and lots of red on top. I might go for a purple next time.

I havent had my porridge yet im about to - im off to london in the afternoon so i have the morning to prepare myself lol.

WI..... 13st 6lbs!!! YEAH BABY! That's a 4lb loss. As soon as ive made my porridge ill change my tickers.

Everyone ok??

xxx

p.s. I'm 23 today!

Gooooooooooooooood morning everyone! I love dying my hair too. My hair is naturally lighter than most greeks and i go practically blonde in the summer. But i dont like it, prefer dark. I dye it a really dark brown and lots of red on top. I might go for a purple next time.

I havent had my porridge yet im about to - im off to london in the afternoon so i have the morning to prepare myself lol.

WI..... 13st 6lbs!!! YEAH BABY! That's a 4lb loss. As soon as ive made my porridge ill change my tickers.

Everyone ok??

xxx

p.s. I'm 23 today!

I read it wrong first time - I thought you said "change my knickers" but I'm up to speed now!!!!
:party0011:

:party0011: Yay You :party0011:

:party0011:​

Go for it - purple is cool :cool: x

did i read that right elle? is it your birthday? HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELLE!! if i got it wrong then HAPPY THURSDAY ELLE :D

mega congrats on the weigh in. that's fab news :) must be the day for it. me, thee and taz have all shed today.

sending get well vibes to taz!!

abz xx

:talk017::party0038::sign0168: :gen126::party0016::king::happy036:
:party0023:

there we go. a couple of those for your birthday too :D

Get well vibes on their way from me too taz. Yep we are all losers today. The fact that it is indeed my birthday is sending joy and big losses for all! :D xxx

Haha thanks abz :D xxxx
p.s. I bought the purple version of that dress yesterday and some fabulous big purply earrings. It looks quite spiffing, if i do say so myself.

alas no. west one stupidly has no website. But ill take pics on sunday for you all to see. It's strange that they do the greek weddings on a sunday over here, since they're on a saturday in cyprus. apparently it's got something to do with the fact that lots of people had/have fish & chip shops and have to open on a saturday! How funny, it's not even a myth or a cliche. Most greeks really do own chip shops. Which is annoying for those who have work on a monday and wish they could fully enjoy the wedding. Ah well xxx

Well traditionally in England chip shops don't open on a Monday as the fishermen wouldn't have been out on a Sunday catching fish as it's the day of rest. There are still many chippies that uphold this tradition

hellooo taz. Thanks hun! :) Erm well tonight after the exhibition I think we (the people on the stand) are going for an indian in London! Yay. I'm going to try not to overdo it, but it's my birthday so if i want a naan bread...I'LL BLOOMING WELL HAVE A NAAN BREAD! haha

Congrats on the loss btw :D xxxx

Morning all. Well after my late night (I went to Mum and Dad's to borrow their SatNav and stayed talking for hours) my hopes of leaving for Norfolk at 10 have well and truly been shelved. Just eating a bowl of frosties and about to dry my hair.

Happy Birthday Elle! I hope your colleagues make a fuss of you.

Hope you feel better after a day's rest Taz.

And Abs, well done with progress in the war against squatters.

I honestly haven't weighed myself this week. 1) because I tidied away the scales and haven't got them out so can't just step on them and 2) because it's the TOTM and I won't like what I see and it might drive me into the arms of chocolate.

Hope everyone has a nice day xxx

I certainly shall! I'm sure those owned by greeks dont follow it, it's all about the money for them! They often have more than one and get quite rich from it. My grandad had one in a place called tipton (remember those three guys from the west midlands who were taken to guantanamo bay because they were suspected of being terrorists? - 'the tipton three'? thats where they're from. incidentally, they went to the same school as my dad. it has a reputation for being a bit rubbish and my dad joked that he couldnt believe the name of his old school had made it into the new york times! haha)

aaaanyway. rumour has it that his fish and chips were the best around. i have tried them but i dont remember as he retired in 87. When he died they wrote about it in the local paper, even though he had moved to cyprus when he retired, because him and his fish and chips were so popular.

xxx

I knew a Greek guy who owned a fabric shop - then he moved up to London to open a chip shop. I still see his cousin sometimes (sorry guys, he's a car mechanic) but yes it is all about money and both of them always did (and his cousin still does) work long hard hours - so maybe they deserve it.

Elle - I missed the bit about your Birthday so -

:party0011:Happy Birthday to you
I hope it's not poo :sick0019:
:eek: What a pity you're working
But have some fun too :D

:scale: The weigh in was good
So enjoy your food :eat:
You can sort it out later ;)
When you're in the right mood:)

:party0011: Happy Birthday, I think
You should have a nice drink :party0036:
:( But don't drink to much or
You'll glug like a sink :sick0019:

:party0011: Happy Birthday :party0011:
Elle

Hey Elle, HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHICKIE!! You sound like you are doing such a great job on your losses, I am soooooo jealous!! *LOL8* but your short red dress sound absolutely devine!! Shoot, if I could fit in a 14 I wouldn't care how short it was or how old I am!! *LOL* Well execpt that I am PG! *LOL*

Gem, I am so pleased that things went well with your mother's sending off. And your hair sounds great! I would love to colour my hair, but have had so many disasters that i can't bare to did it again. The last time, at first I wanted electric Blue on the tips of my hair ( but someone convinced me I should make it bright red instead, So I did that. But as I was reading my mag....I didn't pay too much attention ( which was my fault) anyway, she didn't do the red I wanted. She did it too far up the hair ( half way up my head) and it it wasn't bright enough. I had told her before I start. i said " this is what I want, bright bright red" If I don't like it I want to be able to cut it out...and if I do then i know where I am up to!" She was fine with it is ( I have had there loads of times and had my hair cut, but should have known my colours never come out right! Anyway it was awful and I hated it. Then the woman had to cheek to say to me " why do you want your head to look like a bowl of tomoato soup!" I said " look lady, I asked you to do a job, I am not asking for your opinion on what you would like for my hair colour! You didn't do the job I ask and if you think I am paying for this you must be out of your mind!" " her boss talked to her and they said they would only charge me for the products they used which was about £7. They said they would fix it and make it how I wanted, but I said " Do you REALLY think after messing up my hair I want you to touch it again? You should have done your job the first time, not to mention you have done this half way up my head and I can't even cut it off!Just take your £7 and I wll find a hairdresser who knows how to do their job!"

Needless to say, they weren't pleased but I am I don't take that from anyone. Anyway, I am american I am allowed to shout my mouth off! *LOL* Anyway I was going home to the US and a mate of mine arranged a friend who was a hairdress at a swanky place in Texas, to come to her house for me when I was there to fix my hair. So i thought, well I will go blond since this is what my OH would like. So I told the girl what I wanted. She then had to bleach the red out, colour my hair all the same colour and then tried to put in an ash blonde. It took her almost 8 hours.....and what did I end up with you ask? My original colour but slightly darker! But no red! The red was now brown, but a slightly different brown than the top, but only really noticable in the light! *LOL* GREAT!! So no blonde again. So after that, I said no more. No matter how many time i have tried to go blonde or another colour, it is always a complete abortion, so I just don't want to do it anymore. Since moving over here, my natural hair colour has changed. It used to be dark blonde naturally ( which looks more like a light brown) but as I no longer live in the land of sun, my hair has darkened and no one appears to know how to make me blonde without having to bleach it. Which is that is the case, is fine, but don't lie about it, you know? So now it is only cuts for me. I had to wait and wait for my hair to get long enough ( almost 3/4 down my back ) and then in march I got it cut off just slightly above my shoulders, to cut all that old colour out( the darken-bleached out red) So now, I am all natural. And will just get some good cuts, but as I am a big girl...short just doesn't suit me...so I am waiting for my hair to grow. and now with the baby on the way, I am hopeing it will get longer again.

Not sure who says women bloom in PG, but I am tell you.....it's a lie...*LOL* a great big lie!! My skin looks awful and grease, my hair is dull and I just know I am going to get another little dark patch on my face like I did with LU. So I am too impressed at the moment. I know in a couple of months I will be blooming but now...I look like I have been run over by a bus!! *LOL*

Abz...good girl for losing that weight again. Bad side effects, but I am sure you will be just fine.

Back