Big Boys Need Love Too!

tyn and elle. i have never heard of any of the people you have mentioned :D would probably recognise their faces though.

eagle eye is awesome. very actiony. rather cheesy and some dubious points in it however it was still awesome :D

had a nice meal at the tapas place too. and i'm going again on sunday *sigh* i'm going to have to be sooo good the rest of the time. still low carb and low cal so still ketosis but even so. if my mum weren't coming down from scotland i wouldn't be. no excuse for tonight other than me and thomas never seem to get to go anywhere together...ever. so we made the most of it. am hoping for a trip to the park tomorrow :D

abz xx

:character00238: Good morning everyone :character00238:

Surely late up little (not that little) old (very old) me isn't the first post this lovely morning!

Well, I have resolved to call a truce with the scales until Friday :p I will say a brief hello to them each morning, I will listen to what they have to say and act upon it FULLY from Monday to Friday. I will not nag them if they don't nag me :scale:

Acceptance is the order of the day. There will be squatters this weekend/they will be gone by Friday - simple as - that's life balance for you :devilangel:

I'm off to the hairdressers this morning. It's my usual one - the one who is scared to put too much purple in my hair - can't wait to see her face!!! I'm having a bit more cut at the back to make it look a bit more "edgey". The other girl was great with the purple but not quite as adventurous with the scissors. Wish me luck :p

I woke up to the dawn chorus this morning. The birds were singing before Mr Sun started smiling. He's smiling now and the morning feels and smells like autumn. I hope Mr Sun sticks around until tomorrow as we are planning a barbi in the woods.

Taz - Good luck with your party prep ;) x

Tyn - Day 4 I believe - Good luck :D x

Abz - They say dancing in front of the mirror with a hairbrush is good exercise - and good preparation for the "High School Musical" experience :p x

Have a lovely day everyone x :character00238:

good morning chaps. gem. we still haven't seen a photo of this fabulous hair of yours!! or indeed a piccy at all!! do you not like showing your face online?

well the sun is out today and i want to go to the park. OH isn't that keen. he wants to play on his computer. so i think i'm going to get in touch with my friend and see if she wants to go with me. but i'll double check with OH first. he's filling the dishwasher and making me coffee at the moment so i don't want to disturb him just yet :D

my mum is coming to visit tomorrow night. i've managed to change my shift from 9-7 to 8-6 tomorrow so we can go out for tapas (again!!) tomorrow evening. so far i'm on a 2lb loss for this week so am hoping for a good weigh in on tuesday, despite the illness and several low-carb meals out. really really not my ideal, especially when i'm paying so much for the bloody diet in any case!! still. my weight is going down so that's all good :)

i booked us in to give our notice of marriage tomorrow afternoon. the place is open monday to friday 9-4... who does that help? how on earth are you supposed to do that without missing work? they are open on saturdays but they only do weddings, not notices. so thomas has had to take a half day off work unpaid. sucks. you both have to go at the same time too so we can't even do it around his work. not that we could. he's always working at 4... gah. ooh, coffee is coming up the stairs i believe :D

well OH doesn't really want to go to the park, but he will if my best mate and her daughter don't want to go... so watch this space :D it's a nice day and i'm sick of being inside. OH works outside all day all week so he wants to be inside on his days off. but i think he'll really really like the lake :D fingers crossed.

anyways. i seem to have rambled away. glad you had a great time last night gem. read about it on your other thread :)

tyn, keep up the good work!! you MUST be in ketosis by now. what day are you on? 5? something like that, ha.

abz xx

Hi Abz. No piccies cos I talk too much and would have to watch my words more carefully if I was too easily identifiable. Just take the little outburst on Thursday evening after the work incident. I was only able to say as much as I did because no-one else could be identified from association with me and that means I can get the support I need from you guys - right? The other reason is that weightloss is not who I am, it is just something I do. There is a whole load of people who don't even know what I am doing (although it is very noticable now).

There may well come a time when I will put up some pictures and I am thinking very seriously about a meet somewhere where maybe Taz and I can come from the west to meet you guys up in't North. I feel as though I know you all pretty well already and it would be great to meet you proper like. We have been through some pretty heavy stuff together and it is a logical next step.

So sorry Abz no purple piccies yet but watch this space, ya never know x

would love to meet up gem :) i do think tyn's idea is a goodun' :)

no park for me so far :( it looks like a no show. ah well. it's become a thoroughly gloomy and horrible day too :(

abz xx

its been a lovely day so far, so what did i do? taxied my mum and sis around all bloomin day, haha. oh well, my mum paid for my car to be valeted so i wont complain.

going out for my "honorary birthday meal" tonight with my friends, since ive been too busy to do it any other time! can you believe it, my birthday was ages ago! Anyway, i THINK i may wear my gorgeous new red dress although i'm not sure yet, WATCH THIS SPACE!

Gem I totally catch your drift - although would love to meet you guys! Sometimes I find that you guys are my first port of call - would be great to finally put a face to the name/purple hair. Haha which reminds me of something this comedian Michael McIntyre said in a stand up routine i saw yesterday. It was something like "Girls are so much more advanced than men, it's unbelievable! I often think that girls are born talking. They come out of the womb and go "oh, are you my mother?! nice to finally put a face to the name! Oh god, fine, just go ahead and weigh me *covers eyes* just do it now. 7lbs 4 oz! that's the lightest i'll ever be...it's all downhill from here!"

heeheehee. obviously you have to watch it for the full effect but it had me and my sis in fits.

abz i'm going to paste up some pics on here so you can see who im talking about haha... i'm quite bored atm to be honest:p

tyn you seem to love men with muscle! haha. i find the gladiators quite offputting :S
xxx

Hi everyone,

I've sort of caught up.

I thought you might like to see why I've not really been around much. Like I said I am having my kitchen and bathroom ripped out a replaced. I've moved to my friends for a few days while it is going on now because I couldn't take the mess.

I have been busy today. Ordered a heater for the bathroom. Was going to get one of those towel radiators but because I only have electric it wouldn't heat my (cold) bathroom). Also collected the tiles and carried them in from the car (heavy but feasible). Then off to homebase (again but it is 10% day) to buy ceiling lights for the kitchen and bathroom.

So, some photos. And a picture of the kitchen I have chosen.
2952029920_4718981888.jpg

Edit: I've since lost the scales under more stuff!
2951179181_dd4d8962e9.jpg

2952030226_dee1a6522b.jpg

2952029568_9178b2709d.jpg

Last edited:
It really is my weakness lol. :clap:

I don't like them stupidly muscley, body builders make me heave a little lol. Tall, well built and friendly anything else is gravy :D

The big K has totally kicked in girls! Not in the slightest bit hungry, have to remind myself to eat lol. Loving this diet now! lol.

I still WANT to eat, but i don't need to at all. I got on the scales this morning, and was 22.11, almost had a heart attack! lol. Went back again at lunch just to be even more happy, but had gone back up to 23.5. No idea what was going on there! lol

Alexis Conran...sorry about the photo :s

news.jpg

Mark Ronson, song producer, produce the smith's cover of "stop me" which propelled him to fame. Also Valerie with Amy Wino.
zzeftr240907ronson3.jpg

Gethin Jones - was in strictly come dancing last year. Used to be a blue peter presenter.

Richard Armitage - I dno guys, he's got no lips but there's something about his eyes...
Richard_Armitage_in_whitemyspace-1.jpg

Rupert Penry-Jones. Best known for his role in Spooks (one of my fave programmes :D) Mother is Angela Thorne who used to be in To the Manor born.
rupert-penry-jones_press-shot.jpg
bvdarcy.jpg

...and a small one of Gethin Jones as Santa, especially for Gem ;) x​

No no no Elle, you can't impersonate the BIG MAN - and in BLUE - not his colour at all!!! x

If you really wanna know my taste try Colin Farrell, Jon Bonjovi or that nice little Ronan Keeting (if I'm in the cradle snatching mood). Mind you Russel Brand has a lovely smile and a wicked sense of humour (not that I understand the naughty bits of course)

That said, give me a guy who can play amazing things on the guitar with a voice to die for and I might not even notice what he looks like.

If he owns a pub that sells guinness at the edge of a forest by the sea then what more can I ask x

Last edited:
Alright Smelly, you wanna go Pic fight, i raise your sorta hunky men (Apart from Mr Penry Jones! Phwor!)

I give you Victor Webster!

2elwevc.jpg

Mr Tahmoh Penikett!
BSG_Tahmoh_Penikett.jpg

And the very yummy Gladiators, Spartan and Oblivion!

603e7c2e120911994328007.jpg
gladiators-oblivion-lg.jpg

Now i would marry them all, illegal or not... ohh or maybe marry one and have lots of affairs!! wohoo!

hahah tis the day of Mancandy! :D:D

the song producer guy i can see. the others? not my cuppa tea. and tyn. the gladiators?? maybe if they were in a nice suit :D it's like hugh jackman. you have no idea he's built until he takes his shirt off. and then you are very very aware :D

glad the big K has hit you honey :D good luck for weigh in. monday was it? i have a really shitty memory...

i am working in the morning. raarrr. don't want to be there. i have a feeling that there's a bit project waiting for me. well i know that there's a big project waiting for me. and i am going to have to learn how to program something else... hmph. my programming is rusty to say the least but i managed something recently so hopefully it will up my learning curve without my wanting to throw the machine out the window... you'd be surprised how often that happens. lucky we've got double glazing really...

think i'm going to toddle off to bed now to try and get eight hours in before work :(

mum is coming to visit after i finish work though, so that's good :) we'll want to kill each other by the time she leaves on wednesday (her and her dog. my cats are NOT going to be impressed...) but i'm looking forward to it nevertheless :)

abz xx

Tyn - the top guy is the top guy if you know what I mean. You can keep all the others for yourself!

good morning everyone :) i'm at work. on a sunday. at 8am. sucks. ha. but i get to finish at 6 as a result to see my mumsy so that's ok :D haven't seen my mum in a couple of months so hopefully she'll see a bit of a difference. i'm not as thin as i'd hoped to be at this point but there is a difference :)

i have some project work to get started on today. i may not be around too much today as a result. hope everyone has a fab sunday :)

abz xx

Morning all. I have just had to turn my thermostat up cus it's very cold in here. My brother is staying and he feels hot all the time so we had to turn it down but now it is just plain cold brrrrrrrrrrr

i nearly broiled us to death last night. i forgot i'd put the heating on and put the fire on too. by the time the heating had heated up the room i turned the fire off thinking that was it then had to open all the windows to let some heat out. doh!! had one of my friends over for a few hours last night for a chat. was great to just sit and natter. she had got a new car too. well. a new second hand car. so now OH is after a ford focus for our next car. after he had a sit in it. quite a relief actually. it's the first relatively cheap car he's liked :S all the others have been unattainable to say the least!! so now we have a goal to save for after we are married :)

abz xx

I wish Mr Taz would set his sights lower when it comes to cars. We have 2 cars already, one of which is a rather thirsty Audi A6 and he wants an A8! I don't see the pint, our car is plenty big enough and difficult enough to park, the last thing we need is a bigger car!

and more expensive on the fuel front too!!

i love our little old banger bless her. but i can't wait to have a car i actually feel safe in!!

:character00238: Good morning everyone :character00238:

I have been up for about an hour . and a half but much later than I usually get up. Had a very late night last night but had a lot of fun and still have another day to go. By the time I get back to work tomorrow I will be shattered. Maybe I'm too old for all this partying - Nah.... p'raps not.

Mr Sun is shining up there and if he keeps on smiling we might take a barbi to the woods, we'll see :character00238:

Have a good day everyone :character00238:

Back