Big Brother

This is from the Channel 4 website, if anyone cares to know why she was ejected:

Hello there. As you may have guessed from the suspension of the vote, something has been up in the Big Brother House today. Here is the press release, which explains the reason why tomorrow night's eviction has been cancelled

"Contestant Alexandra De-Gale has been removed from the Big Brother house for repeatedly breaking the programme’s rules by behaving in an unacceptable and sometimes intimidating manner towards fellow housemates.

Alex was in discussion with Darnell in the living room shortly after 10.15pm yesterday evening (17th June), with a number of other housemates in proximity.

Discussing her nomination for this week’s eviction, Alex was heard to make apparently intimidatory comments about her intentions on leaving the house. Shortly afterwards, Dennis, Rebecca and Rex discussed her comments in the garden and were clear that they found her behaviour to be threatening, a view that Rex repeated subsequently during a diary room discussion with Big Brother.

This incident follows a series of arguments involving Alex since the ninth series of Big Brother started on 5th June. She has twice been called to the diary room and reminded of the rules governing behaviour towards other housemates.

Her latest remarks were not screened via the ‘as live’ streaming on E4 but were reported up to senior production staff. The decision was taken to remove Alex from the house on the grounds that she had repeatedly broken the programme’s rules governing housemates’ behaviour, despite twice being reminded of her responsibilities.

Alex was called to the Diary Room at approximately 8pm on Wednesday 18th June to be informed of the decision and was removed from the house without further contact with other contestants.

She was one of two housemates nominated for eviction this week and as a result, in line with the terms and conditions covering phone voting on Big Brother, the latest eviction vote has been cancelled.

Angela Jain, Head of E4 and Big Brother at Channel 4, said: “Alex’s comments will be widely interpreted as having been intended to intimidate. Other housemates have said they found her comments to be threatening and we believe that is a reasonable conclusion for them to have reached given the way Alex has behaved previously.

“Big Brother has very clear rules about housemates’ conduct and that kind of behaviour is not acceptable. She had already been spoken to twice about her behaviour and, like all housemates, was clearly informed before entering the house that she faced eviction if she acted in an unacceptable manner.”
Can't say I'm pleased, but I suppose they had no choice. What a crap Friday it'll be with no eviction!

Lets hope she doesn't get any newspaper success out of her time in BB, the thought of Alex topless in the more highbrow publications like the Daily Star would make me think hard about buying it....... I would even consider a move to the Daily Sport, purely for the journalism.

Lets hope she doesn't get any newspaper success out of her time in BB, the thought of Alex topless in the more highbrow publications like the Daily Star would make me think hard about buying it....... I would even consider a move to the Daily Sport, purely for the journalism.

Me thinks she doesn't have the right physical attributes so no worries there :)

Alexandra is a disgrace.

I'm just sad Mo didn't just tell her to naff off and mind her own business.

Alexander = dispicable woman

Alexandra is a disgrace.

I'm just sad Mo didn't just tell her to naff off and mind her own business.

Alexander = dispicable woman

Watch it hun....otherwise her gangster mates might come and get ya!!!!!!!

so, I'll be watching tomorrow night that is for definite. Think BB might have the biggest ratings for some time!

the girl is a hypocrite but she doesn't even have the self awareness to know it.

I know...has she not heard that when you point your finger at someone there are three pointing right back at ya!!

If she was a 'proper' muslim who lived the life, didn't drink, only ate halal meat, wore the clothes etc, then maybe....just maybe she would feel she could make a comment, but the way she spoke to a 'male' muslim is one of the worst things she could do and if she lived in Pakistan would get seriously and I mean seriously in trouble for that behaviour.

The poor guy was having a laugh on his birthday...its not like he is a cross dresser.

I'm liking BB this year!!

ok, having now seen Alex in the diary room giving her side of it - I agree that her words have been misinterpreted

I reckon she meant it exactly how some of the other housemates and Big Brother interpreted it - as a definite, but indirect, threat to some of them in there. Must have been hell living with someone like her!

ok, having now seen Alex in the diary room giving her side of it - I agree that her words have been misinterpreted

Nope, she just seemed like a pathetic little worm trying to get out of what she had said........ After all the recent killings of young people in London it seems to me like she was trying to glamourise the whole "gangster" culture....... Stupid woman, sly woman and a downright nasty piece of work.

Nope, she just seemed like a pathetic little worm trying to get out of what she had said........ After all the recent killings of young people in London it seems to me like she was trying to glamourise the whole "gangster" culture....... Stupid woman, sly woman and a downright nasty piece of work.

I completely agree with you GD. She's not a stupid women, she's intelligent and yes VERY sly. She knew what she ment by seeing their familes and friends on the outside. What a nasty woman.

oh well - I thought my comment would be controversial :). I stand by what I say though (ahhh the trusting, naive side of my nature comes out again)

Ha you're too nice! :)

I agree 100%. I don't for one second think she didn't realise what she was saying. She knew exactly the affect it would have on the other housemates and was bang out of order.

Sorry Dancing. This is a very rare occurance, but we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

Why is she being interviewed by Davina tonight? If a contestant is pulled for whatever reason, they shouldn't be allowed the glory of a tv interview - or is that just me?

Why is she being interviewed by Davina tonight? If a contestant is pulled for whatever reason, they shouldn't be allowed the glory of a tv interview - or is that just me?

I never knew that........that is crazy. She should have been removed never to be seen again....no TV or newpaper coverage!! I suppose they are only bothered about viewers and it will get the numbers up...otherwise it would be pretty boring tonight!

i suppose there giving her a chance to put across her side of things after all alls fair in love and big brother

OKAAAAAYYYY!!!!!

Mario and Lisa officially ming :eek: I think that is a good enough reason never to touch a custard cream ever again.

And Alexandra should in no way be benefitting fromm her stint in the BB house. She doesn't deserve fame or fortune.

I've got such a crush on Dennis :eek:

Back