BIG CONCERN? Need advice!

TobeaSkinnyMe

Hi

I thought it very strange my pharmacy told me under no circumstances to go onto Lipo forums.. I said I was already on one but it was used for motivation. It got me thinking is there something I shouldnt know?

So I googled and alot of fitness guru's are saying:

"Lipotrim strips off your muscle as well as your fat leaving you with a slower metabolism than you had before you started taking it"

I don't mean to frighten anyone but is there any truth in this? I did go on lipo before and I put on more back but I think it was down to the fact that I went back to eating the wrong foods in the wrong amounts.

Did anyone come across this before or is there any truth in it?

have not heard of this, seems a strange thing for a pharmacy to say though

hi

yep - she read it from a typed check list (not sure if it was from lipotrim or their own?)

Have never read that on here before. Can you trust the source of information?

I'm not sure that would be completely true, I'm saying this because before you could get Lipotrim from the Chemist you could be prescribed it by your GP, if there was lasting damage I would have thought it had been taken off the market by now. As with any diet it is probably best to exercise while losing weight (if only I could summon up the will to exercise, one day maybe!!!)

My pharmacist recommended this forum to me as a support network so if that advice does come from lipotrim she hasn't heard it, as for muscle etc i have a set of scales that does fat/water/bone/muscle analysis and i havent lost any muscle mass so far its all been fat nearly 4 stone of fat !

Like people have said, if it wasn't safe or effective it wouldn't be available, especially not at a pharmacy. Programs like this have to undergo loads of approvals and tests, and the fact that lipotrim has been around for so long obviously means it's passed them all.
As regards muscle wastage: glycogen is stored in the liver and in muscle cells, so as you know in the first week you lose your stored glycogen - that may possibly explain a slight but reversible loss in muscle mass, which you will gradually regain as you refeed and return to normal food.
Fat is always burned in preference to protein (as in the protein in your muscles). Even very skinny people will take a long time to burn their body fat before the muscles are touched at all.
Hope that helped x

My pharmacy thinks that a forum like this is great for motivation so not sure what your one is worried about! I learn more from the people here than they would ever have time to explain!

Like you, I was worried about the scare stories of muscle loss so I rang the Lipotrim helpline number on the bag and talked to a doctor there. He was very reassuring so I would recommend giving them a ring for your peace of mind.

I suppose if you think about it logically, why would the body need to use your muscle mass when it's got all that lovely fat stored just for times when food is scarce - that's what it's there for. I am a perfect survival machine cos my body has been feeding off my fat for about 6 months now and still has a couple of stones in reserve and my muscles are still going strong! :D

I was told to be careful of these forums as incorrect info is given out but i find them a help! :copon:

Jessie, i've just noticed how well you have done! Go girl! x

My pharmacy thinks that a forum like this is great for motivation so not sure what your one is worried about! I learn more from the people here than they would ever have time to explain!

Like you, I was worried about the scare stories of muscle loss so I rang the Lipotrim helpline number on the bag and talked to a doctor there. He was very reassuring so I would recommend giving them a ring for your peace of mind.

I suppose if you think about it logically, why would the body need to use your muscle mass when it's got all that lovely fat stored just for times when food is scarce - that's what it's there for. I am a perfect survival machine cos my body has been feeding off my fat for about 6 months now and still has a couple of stones in reserve and my muscles are still going strong! :D

Good way of putting it Jessie! Also noticed how much you've lost, nice one! If you've been doing it 6 months and you obviously aren't having any muscle problems then it just shows that lipotrim really works. x

Yep, I'll echo what Cinematic and Jessie have said - bodies are designed to use up stored fat long before they start on muscle.

Think of bears in hibernation - they pile it on beforehand and come out in spring looking skinny and shaggy as anything, but they remain strong enough to chase and take down their prey! Our metabolism works the same - we'd never have survived the evolutionary process if it didn't work that way...

Don't worry about the scaremongers - they just want to keep all the business for their own particular programmes. Just follow the Lipotrim guidelines and let science do its thing!

I'm not so sure about the muscle loss but when I had to see a dietician a couple of weeks ago she said that so low a calorie diet would muck up your metabolism temporarily. That was also why it was suggested that I only did Lipotrim for two months and then have a break from it.

I think the reason the ask you not to go on chat forums is because they Dont want you to get any advice on how to alter the shakes like adding herbs to soup or basically anything that takes away from the formula .

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back