Big Decision Time. Also, query re. making friends.

I'll second that Debby 'thank you everyone from the bottom of my heart' for your help, advice, understanding, friendship, and for just being here....your are all 'STARS'.........thank you one and all.

It's a shame how bad experiences can damage your self-esteem and the way you look at SW or slimming in general. In the 4 times I started SW again there was always the same consultant, Gill and a lot of the same members and I loved it I really did, it was less about slimming and more about going and having a giggle with people who all had something in common, last time I was there Gill had to leave as she was having to come from the city over and not making enough money and blamed the big bosses at SW and the franchise in general, so on the last night we all hugged and cried and she gave us all our own little pep talks mine was "if you keep at it this time, you'll be running in no time!" she was such a lovely woman.

Next week was a new consultant, she was going to be taking over until they found a permanent one, she was still on her own SW journey and just didn't have the X-Factor that Gill had and other members had gone off to different groups. I didn't go back after that, but I do know that if I fall off the wagon this time I'll be straight to a group and I know I'll find another amazig group again.

Sometimes things are meant to happen for a reason, but never, ever let anyone else make you feel bad about yourself and never give anyone the right to make your life less than you want it to be.

Natt xxx

Confidence

Thank you Donnie for the congrats and kind words, it makes all the difference. You are right, Natt, everything happens for a reason. Through going to the group I have regained my old confidence with talking with people (even those these didn't want to take it further) and I have decided to start volunteering and so get back out into the big wide world which I left 4 years ago when I hurt my back badly and couldn't then function normally for three years. Losing weight too has given me more confidence and the way my family has supported me has made us all closer. (Any more kids and we would be like The Waltons!). :)

Message to DebbyWebby

I accepted your request for friendship but I don't know what it means in terms of this site as I don't have any means to do much yet until I have done a lot more postings. Can you clarify?

Maid - Now you've hit 50posts give the system a little while to catch up with you :)
volunteering is brilliant - I used to help out at youth group for disabled youths before my own disability got too bad, glad you're putting yourself back out there xxx

Hi ya, Sorry to hear you class is a bit antisocial as its good to build a buddy base and have someone to share things with. I was fortunate with the class I went to in Nuneaton as I think we must have all been P**s heads as we were always off to the pub after class - coffees teas and diet pop only (every pub landlords nightmare lol) but it was like our weekly social as none of us have any social life really with kids work and everything else. After I left the class I thought this might have stopped but no its still going and once a month we all go out for the night and its great to see the changes in people over that month with their losses. If you did want to keep going to class maybe there is another one nearby you could go to. If not do it yourself with your family support network and enjoy. xxx

Back