Big Mummas Team Chat

How long is it since you last heard from Fallen? Not sure how long to give her - I'd say maybe couple of weeks from when you last heard from her then offer place to PinkyJay - no offence meant to Fallen at all but seems a shame to not fill a place when someone is really keen to join our wee team.

Gah I should've tracked it. It was a week after she last posted here so it must be getting on for 2 weeks now since she's been around. She lasted posted when we were trying to decide on a name.

Hmm, not sure what to do FM - if she's not replying to your message there's not much you can do really - what does everyone else suggest we do? Team decision required maybe?

Tis hard, I don't want to hassle her but being a team we should all be here, although I know circumstances can dictate.

Just looking around it doesn't appear that weights are being submitted, so I can't see that it matters how many we have in our team.
So shall we just add PinkJay in and hope Fallen comes back to join us too?

No, it doesnt sound mean, but I know what you mean - I felt the same saying that we should give her place to someone else - buts its not mean, at least not deliberately so. We are a team and we all need to be here to support each other and if circumstances are such that Fallen cant be around just now then we should offer her place to someone who will be around to offer support to the team and to get the same support back.

Does that make sense? :confused:

Karen, you have tried to contact Fallen without success and hopefully she will return soon but until then I feel we should offer her place to PinkyJay.

Hope that doesn't sound to harsh but I agree that we need team members who around to give and receive support.

Yee haw I'm on your team. Thanks guys :) . Had some postings with some of you already but shall tell you bit a about myself.
I am 40 years old married with 2 sons - one aged 13 and the other aged 9. I also have 3 dogs all terriers.
I work full time as a mental health nurse but currently on annual leave.
I started to gain weight when I was about 33 and since then have put on 4 1/2 stone. I am 5 ft 2 and my goal is to reach 133 lbs.
I work odd hour shifts so there may be days when I don't post but try to get on daily if poss. My weigh in day is Monday but this week my CDC was on hols so not got a weight to give you till after Monday sorry.
Anyhow look forward to posting you all xxx

I grab my first around 0900 hrs then try and go till about 1600 till I have another then have one when I get in. I used to do 3 x 12 1/2 hour shifts avqeek but from SeP this is all changing. Only done 1 night shift Since started and just had an extra shake. . Go back to work on 15th aug. I am so busy at work that I don't find time to feel Hungary or think about food. X

Welcome to the Big Mummas PinkyJay, it's nice to have you on board.

So I'm sure some of you may have read on the main board that I lost 5lbs this week bringing my total loss to 7st 3lbs or 101lbs which sound so much better ;). I'm elated, ecstatic and overwhelmed with it all especially after my crappy week as you have been witness to my moaning on (still no totm but who cares..:D).

It was really emotional for me when I stood on the scales and 19st 11lb flashed back at me as the last time I was 19st something I was in my teens - which kinda makes me feel sad. Anyway it doesn't stop here I've still got a long way to go but this is such a morale booster.

How are the other Big Mummas getting on?

It was really emotional for me when I stood on the scales and 19st 11lb flashed back at me as the last time I was 19st something I was in my teens - which kinda makes me feel sad

. Thanx AwakenMe I look forward to being a part of the team.
Well done also on your weight loss you are doing so well. I can see that reaching that weight is a big milestone for you. Keep up the fantastic work xxx

Last edited:
Hey girls and Hi Pinky, welcome aboard :D

My first weight in is on Sat morning and i will be posting as a hopefully leap off in joy (mixed with a little relief) :sigh:

My week has been an odd one, start of the week was fab (if i do say so myself :kissass:) but that crashed to an end yesterday when i ended up leaving work at lunch time with a migrainie, sick, the works :cry:So no Cambridge of any variety kept down and hardly any liquid :jelous:

But back on it 100% today although did feel groggy this am and had an extra shake but i'm happy with that, just roll on Saturday :party0048:

Hope you all doing ok and catch up soon x

Hi team.hows everyone geting on .been working 4 days in a row till 9.im tired now .im off today and saturday so happy.my stomachs kiling me and I feel like a big fat whale tom just started.got my 4th weigh in this evening. Pinky welcome to the team.awaken well done on ur weight loss.. Susie hope u feel beter soon..

Good luck for tonight!
Awaken Me I can imagine what that felt like, and it is a little sad isn't it, thinking all the time wasted being fat.

Thanks Susie and Tahira for your welcome. Hope you're feeling better Susie and good luck with your weigh in tomorrow.
Tabira sorry what do you do as a job? Long shifts are a killer so I sympathise with you. I normally do 12 1/2 hour shifts but from September the hours are changing. I will be doing 1 long day a week which will be 14 hours and 3 x 7 1/2 hour shifts not so bad. . Although saying that it does stop me thinking about food lol.
Off to friends leaving doo tonight at a Chinese. Not a favourite of mine so hopefully I won't eat too much!! No alcohol though speak later guys xxx

Hi Girls how are we? Susie, sorry to hear you are feeling bleurgh but hopefully you're ok now, and Tahira how did the weigh in go?

Well a bit of a quiet day for me after the high of yesterday. I didn't sleep very well last night so have suffered a bit today at work with a serious lack of concentration. I am looking forward to the weekend - have a great evening all x

Back