Big shock about quantity

Brightonrosie

I want to be fitter again
I was certain that I am normally well within my 250ml semi skimmed milk allowance but today I decided to make my drinks on the scales and weigh how much milk I am actually drinking. Not a problem at home normally as i can pour it in advance, but what about when other people make tea or you have a coffee out. I was amazed how the quantities varied from cup to cup. I tried using different size cups like normal to make my drinks. My lowest amount was 33 mls (40mls is 1 syn) and my highest in my favourite mug was 64 mls. My 6 cups of drinks had a milk total of 300mls. Never again will I count a tea with a splash of milk as being 1/2 syn. mmmm better switch to skimmed milk yuk !!

Ive switched to skimmed from whole and its been ok! I dont notice the difference in coffee and only vaguely notice the difference with cereal. Some of the supermarkets do a 1% fat milk but Im not sure of the syns, might be worth a go though? Or just have less cups of tea and have the bit of extra milk in them so you really enjoy them!

I have this! From Asda :) It still tastes really creamy, it's good! I'm not sure on syns though myself so I measure out for Semi. If anybody DOES know the HxA amount or syns, please let us know! x

I'm pretty sure you get 300mls of 1% milk as a HEA - I tend to buy this, especially if I'm going to use it to make rice pudding or anything else where a bit more creaminess is useful :)

Yep, definitely 300mls for HEA, just checked on website x

If you fnd fresh skimmed milk a bit wattery try UHT skimmed - it tastes a lot creamier for some reason.

I must admit that I take my own bottle of skimmed milk with me everywhere and only ever order a black coffee. I also do green so I have up to 750mls of milk to play with which is probably just as well because I love my coffee :)

Each morning I fill a measuring jug to the amount I can have each day, then only use that,easy!!

I measure 250 ml ss milk out, it lasts me 2 days! I only have 3 or 4 coffees then switch to herbals so I can sleep at night. Use it for porridge sometimes. I find the UHT creamier too. Hi Rosie!

Each morning I fill a measuring jug to the amount I can have each day, then only use that,easy!!

Not easy to carry in my car all day. Lol xx

I have drank skimmed for years. Used to be full fat when the kids were small then went from semi-skimmed to skimmed. You really do get used to it and when you drink semi-skimmed now it tastes so creamy. I think the 1% is a good alternative before making the final plunge if anyone is looking to change.

Skimmed is a great choice for SW as there is plenty to put on cereal and to put in tea all day. I also measure what I need for the day and keep it in the fridge. Whilst working or visiting I have fruit tea/black coffee as I don't take milk with me, but if I had to and had no access to a fridge, I can only think maybe a small flask may keep it fresh for the day??

I measure 250 ml ss milk out, it lasts me 2 days! I only have 3 or 4 coffees then switch to herbals so I can sleep at night. Use it for porridge sometimes. I find the UHT creamier too. Hi Rosie!

Well hello stranger. . Or is it me that is the stranger xxxx

Back