Biggest Loser Challenge Has a Winner!!!

There seems to be a bit of confusion around weigh in days. So long as your weigh in results have been PM'd to me by Show time on Tuesdays (8pm) they count for that week, regardless of what day you've been weighed.

Hopefully we've sorted Debziedoos WI out for her, and she'll be happy with one of the options.

Provided I'm not nights in the Tuesday I'll publish the results on Tuesday night regardless of whether all results are in or not. Late results won't count I'm afraid. If I'm nights on Tuesday night I'll do it on Wednesday morning.

Hope this clears everything up, any questions PM me or post on here.

Last edited:
I don't think I can pm people?x

Ignore that I can :)

Hello I got your message and sent one back but I'm not sure If it sent!

I'd love to join :)

Start weight- 14 stone 9

Thank you for letting me know!

Unfortunately Bluegirl has had to drop out of the challenge, but she'll be keeping her eye on us! Emz449 is going to take her place in the blue team!!

emz449 said:
Hello I got your message and sent one back but I'm not sure If it sent!

I'd love to join :)

Start weight- 14 stone 9

Thank you for letting me know!

Thanks I'll get you added. Welcome to the challenge!

Oh and she was on the perfect team as well ;) welcome emz!

1: Surfhunny - 15st 5lbs (215lbs)
2: Shanny - 10st 9 lbs (149)
3: Sarah Lou -
4: Lyndzi76 - 16st 13lb (237)
5: Emz449 - 14st 9lb (205)
6: Great things - 13st (182)
7: Katiebaby - 18st 2lbs (254)
8: DappyMare - 19st 6lbs (272)
9: Lily - 15st 10lbs (220)
10: Oscars mum - 12st 11lbs (179)
11: Lea 87 - 12st 3lbs (171)
12: xkarina24 - 14st 6lbs (202)
13: Chlo - 16 st 10lbs (234)
14: Wannabefitatthirty -14st 11lbs (207)
15: Cornishkez - 18st 9.7lbs (261.7)
16: Lianneskturmey -
17: Xxrebeccaxx -
18: Jewels7877 - 14st 1lb (197)
19: MinnieMel - 11st 8.2lbs (162.2)
20: Clairem87 - 18st 5.25lbs (257.25)
21: Mrspayne212- 17 st 6lbs (244)
22: Foo Fan - 10 st 11 lbs (151)
23: Cappachino - 16st 12lbs (236)
24: Mum24nannie21 - 13st 7lbs (189)
25: Keighleyjo2010 - 16st 12lbs (236)
26: Debziedoo- 14st 13lbs
27: Ru2thy -12st 8lbs (176)
28: Carolineg - 18st 8lbs (260)
29: Linzois - 14st 10lbs (206)
30: Gorgeous x - 17st 5lbs (243

Hi Everyone --

Feeling nice and toasty since the boiler got repaired. Yeah! Let's hope it stays fixed.

Hey Mel, the impression I got is that we all need to have weighed in by the time we get to Tuesday nights show. Regardless of what day we have our weigh in. The Tuesday night we will have our own little showdown!

Lucky for me I started on Tuesday, so it's straightforward for me. :)

Thanks Kez, my CWPC meets with me on Tuesday mornings, too. So this will work great for me, as well!

Out of curiosity Mel, how do you find your losses on 810/1000? Thats what I am doing at the minute and I think week 1 will be a pleasant loss, becuase it's a change of diet and I have so much to lose. But after that not sure what losses I can expect?

I seem to average about 1 to 2 pounds a week on CD810/1000. But, I am only 5'4" (if I fluff my hair) and fairly small framed. I am also only about a stone from a BMI of 25 and when I did LL in 2008 (from my heaviest not pregnant weight of 188 lbs down to 128 lbs) -- I noticed that the closer I got to a healthy BMI the slower the losses were.

When I am at a BMI of 25 I only need 1400 calories a day to maintain weight -- unless I exercise. My BMR (basic metabolic rate) is pretty low.

I think based on your height, weight and age (you are younger and so hopefully have a better metabolism), I expect that you will probably average around 5 to 7 pounds a week, until you are under a bmi of 30... then it'll start being less.

Studies show that a person will lose as much on 880 calories a day as they will on 460 (because on a VLCD your body becomes very efficient and your metabolism slows down big time). This seems to hold true for me. So, if I was doing SoleSource -- eventhough I am significantly under 5'8" -- I would still have 4 products a day. I do not want to impact my leptin levels with too few calories.

I find the 880/1000 much better because I have a family and want to be able to sit with them at dinner. So, an 810 meal with family works well. And, if I choose to have the meal at lunch (with a friend) then I'll usually serve my family something they like and I don't that night, and it is a win/win. (I do not eat pork, but they do.)

Oh that all sounds positive, thanks mel. Im just happy doing whatever works, as long as the weight is coming off.

Hi Guys,

Finally got access to a PC - so I have updated my profile with the
"CD Biggest Loser Challenge 2012"
I'm kind of doing SS+ (but with exante products) so I'm having 2 shakes and a low carb meal in the evening - I'm not expecting massive losses but I am determine this time to get to my goal in the next couple of months and concentrate on maintaining and eating sensibly for the rest of the year.... I'll prob switch to WW once I have used up my shakes....

Looking forward to my 1st WI :) I'll update you on Monday!!

Well Week 1 weigh in and I'm down 9lb :D, here's to next weigh in. New weight 228lb. x x
Good luck everyone x

Well Week 1 weigh in and I'm down 9lb :D, here's to next weigh in. New weight 228lb. x x
Good luck everyone x

That's 3.8% ! Amazing :D

Thank you. I'm pleased but it's not as good as them on the tv. They were losing loads more. ,

Yeah and they were working out all day every day and had a lot more to lose than you, don't be so hard on yourself!

Lyndzi that's great we'll done, I'm just waiting to go in and I have a feeling mine will be a lot less, I'm just going to have to accept that I'm a slow loser. Never really had big losses apart from the very first time I did CD but I had lots more to lose then. We'll see.....

Weighed in today :) 13lb loss new weight 242 :D yay!! *does the happy dance*

Good luck ladies! I am starting tomorrow, Saturday the 7th...right with you...I know I cant join but I will root for all of you!

Back