Biggest Loser US

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Starlight, 22 January 2010 Social URL.

Post New ThreadFind New
  1. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    The other thread got moved to the TV section but noone seems to be posting on it now :( So I thought Id start another one here lol

Love the face to face challenge.... I see the tension between Jillian and Filipe is showing now. Arrogant little git... hope he gets booted off soon.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Busybee

Busybee Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st9lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(7.73%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I wondered where this thread had gone - why would it be moved? Yeah, saw it tonight and as Jillian said pride comes before a fall and I am disliking the black team more and more, really dislike Helen, very selfish. Something will happen on Monday to upset the applecart....looking forward to that show :D:D

4. WMBB

WMBB Can't w8 2 b "Dr.WMBB" :)

Start Weight:
    9st2lb
    Current Weight:
    9st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    i wish they had british biggest loser...... i'd like it to be run by some ex-marine or someone angry like that. Did any of you watch " the diets that time forgot" and the ex army trainer they had there??? it was bloody hilarious. The people losing weight were calling him a wan*er, so the army guy kept shouting "run faster you little fat wan*er" it was hilarious!!

5. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    They do have a UK British Loser but its awful compared to the US/Aus ones

I think the editing re Filipe and Jillian was unfair, shes being made to look the bad guy - some reference should be made to why shes refusing to train him!

Shes going to go ballistic when she sees the footage of their day off... .cant believe they went so mad

6. Kik

Kik Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.67%)
    I love Biggest Loser US - & I agree the Uk one was rubbish!!
    Cant believe what the black team did they are going to fall so bad from that!! I agree re Helen - she let her daughter go home only cause she wanted to stay on the show for her - roll on Monday:D

7. lydia150970

lydia150970 Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    SW
    The season is the best by far!! I'm loving it. I'm pretty indifferent to Helen - I'm totally anti Aubrey and Mandy just want them to stop crying, I really like Mike - he's so sweet and makes such an effort. I don't know if its Sione or Filipe but one of them at the end of the series (don't think we will get to see it) puts a complaint in about Jillian doping she had to go through a week long investigation before being cleared of all charges!!

8. Busybee

Busybee Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st9lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(7.73%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    thats hideous for Jillian, you can tell she wouldn't be stupid and if it was Filipe than this sort of accusation would be out of spite. That day off they had sums him up, once he is off the ranch I would be surprised if he doesn't return to his previous weight.......he is cocky and stupid and doesn't deserve to be there.....rant over.....looking forward to tonight....:D

9. Star123

Star123 Member

Start Weight:
    15st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Diet:
    Rosemary Conley
    does anyone know when they will show this series again? I missed the first few so haven't watched it, but I love watching it most seasons

10. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Its Filipe... apparantly it was midway through, this is the point after the investigation which is why shes not wanting to train him - rightly so!!

11. Kik

Kik Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.67%)
    wow interesting! Feel sorry for her she is a good trainer & I dont believe she would do wrong at all. Cant believe the black team won - they didnt deserve it after their blow out!

12. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I couldnt believe they won!!! What on earth went wrong with the blues??? I have to admit if I was in the black team the though of having to face Jillian would have more than kept me on the straight on narrow. I think shes brilliant but seriously scary!!

13. lydia150970

lydia150970 Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    SW
    Right that explains the tension in last night's episode then. I have to say Jillian is clearly a brilliant trainer she wins nearly every season hence why i am going to buy her new fitness dvd tomorrow (Payday) however, I really don't like her very much, swearing and shouting at me wouldn't work I would just swear and shout back I really hate the way she takes them outside and convinces them of all this mumbo jumbo pysch stuff and they end up in tears "what happened to you to make you this obese" "Erm well I eat all the wrong stuff and never exercised" (is what I would say) but no she convinces them all that they hate themselves bla bla bla!!! And they will never lose weight until they learn to love themselves!! AGGGGHHH I hate it!!

I think the whole of the black team were complete idiots for the way they acted during the 24 hours of luxury, they clearly have a lot to learn before they can go home and make it work, but I just can't not like Filipe and Sione they make me laugh!! The black team were beyond lucky to win that weigh in.

I was really mad with Ron and his "its time for Mandi to go home comment", I know he needs to be there but he holds the blue team back he can't exercise like the rest and doesn't pull in the big numbers, who made him blue team leader!!

Oh this has turned into a bit of a rant!! :(

14. vicki_ww

vicki_ww Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8lb(15.93%)
    Diet:
    WW
    *sniff sniff* I miss my sky

15. Busybee

Busybee Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st9lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(7.73%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Ron knew his Blue team would see him though but this is only good for the black team to see Mandi go. I was ashamed of Filipe, he was overthe top and bordering on being a bully with his comments and behaviour. I was shocked that Bob did not support Jillian as they are close colleagues and friends. I think Jillian was brilliant to keep her cool through all the hassle. The black team should not have won last night, it was unfair after their blatant disreguard for Jillian's advice. Tara had a wake up call though.......can't wait for tonight, wish people would stop crying all the time, it's getting on my nerves....or am I missing something, maybe my WL journey should have more drama, then I might drop some bigger numbers!!! I don't know whether I could handle that kind of stress..

16. lydia150970

lydia150970 Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    SW
    isn't it weird how we all see things differently, I see Ron as a bully and love Filipe!! Or maybe I am just missing something ha ha!

My weightloss journey has been incredibly traumatic for me but I've never burst into tears ever 5 mins over it!! Thank god!!

17. Kik

Kik Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.67%)
    I agree Ron is so controling - cant believe they have sent home two of their best players & kept their worst.

18. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I cant stand Filipe, hes a bully and hes so grossly OTT hes appaoling at the wi's and even when hes being interviewed he comes across as smug and arrogant I just cant see a single likeable thing about him. Hope hes off soon.

19. lydia150970

lydia150970 Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    SW
    Say what you think Sandy, don't hold back now LOL!!! :roofles:

20. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    lol Im always getting skelfs from sitting on the fence ;)

21. Manny

Manny Hiding

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1lb(14.65%)
    Diet:
    WW after being on W8
    I have been avoiding this thread as I had to catch up on what happened.

Here is my take on the Filipe/Jillian saga. Filipe is withing his right to explode at Jillian, she is there to do a job and she didn't do it.

With Jillian, you either love or hate her. If I was on it I would love to be trained by her. Bob's training is always cattered for the individual and I reckon that's why he never has a winner.

Bob is the perfect trainer for Ron, Jillians shouty training technique would not be good for him.

As for the UK biggest loser, it was terrible and I don't think the AUS version is that much better.

Sorry Sandy but I want Filipe to win. I like his arrogance and his OTT behaviour.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.