Biggest Loser!

Cannot wait for tonight! Didn't know about Angie either what a shame!!!

I watched this on the catch up site after seeing this thread - think I'm hooked!

What was up with the "preview" of this week's show.. where Sarah says she thinks Damien is cheating??
Must. Watch. This. Tonight.!!!

Never seen them have a shake, sometimes a chef will go in and show them how to cook something fancy but usually protein based with veg or salad. I know they sell shakes but dont think the tvshow is based on them, always wished they told us more about what they eat but we couldnt eat the same as they seem to do at least 6 hours a day exercise. Looking forward to tonights programme

I thought Sarah and Damien were a team since last week? Surely it was always going to be those two in the bottom, if they're being weighed seperately?
And poor Sarah will be in the bottom again next week, since she's being weighed on her own, and the rest are teams.

Not fair.

I'm not impressed.

Damien did need to go home though. Did you see him digging in the sand? He looked like he didn't want to get his nails dirty, picking up dainty handfulls and just placing them behind him. If that was me, I'd have been like the purples... bulldozer!!!

xMandyDx said:
I thought Sarah and Damien were a team since last week? Surely it was always going to be those two in the bottom, if they're being weighed seperately?
And poor Sarah will be in the bottom again next week, since she's being weighed on her own, and the rest are teams.

Not fair.

I'm not impressed.

Damien did need to go home though. Did you see him digging in the sand? He looked like he didn't want to get his nails dirty, picking up dainty handfulls and just placing them behind him. If that was me, I'd have been like the purples... bulldozer!!!

It's done on % lost not weight loss so she could easily be the biggest loser. A team weighing 400lb combined if they loose 20lb and a single person weighing 200lb 10lb they both lost 5% of there overall weight.

Dunno bout rest of you but I think the losses were a little poor compared to the US and Aus versions! One of them lost 2lb which is a good loss for us but they eat sleep train everyday. We work/study/raise families and loose that :-/

Does anyone know where I can find this on catch up cos I forgot to set it to record on my sky box so missed the 1st week and don't wanna watch tonights til I have seen it!! Thanks peeps xxx

Can't stand the purple girls! Love the pink, orange and red though! :) agree with the lack of losses, last week was amazing, but 2, 4, 5lbs...with that amount of training!!

hopefully! I'll watch it again next week and see just seems a little lacking all round, I really want to love it though lol. Eugh purple team! I would have hit them throwing mud in my face lol

Oddly enough week 2 is always known as a really bad week on BL. Happens in the US one all the time then they often have a right good whoosh on week 3

Thats interesting to know. This is my first time following the series right through so I'm really enjoying it so far.

I dont warm to the purples either :)

Glad Damian went, he didn't look like he was trying or wanted to be there. You would think the losses would be bigger, due to the amount of exercise they are doing. Maybe they don't show the food part because it's only an hours show (all others are longer) I know they showed some last year, but only cos one of the teams couldn't get their head round the healthy eating. Is it just me, or does the UK version just not seem so glam?

Yep I've gone off the purples again now. I thought the losses were poor but do they stay there all week or have they the opportunity to cheat - they didnt get that size from having willpower!!!!

I love the biggest loser and root for each and everyone of them. Am a bit disconcerted by some of the trainers' comments this series however; the SAS trainer swearing at contestants, the comment 'you got yourselves into this mess you can get yourselves out' from the new trainer and 'if it was pasta you'd be through it by now' (from the SAS bloke??) last night when they were digging. It seems to me that the show is becoming intentionally humiliating for the contestants (e.g the new 'public' initial weigh in) and these sort of comments to make it more 'exciting' viewing. Don't remember Angie (RIP bless her) and Richard being nasty - just tough and encouraging.. It worries me that these comments are damaging contestants' self-esteem and really not helping them psychologically - just providing cheap laughs for all the people sitting at home who have never had a weight problem, do not understand the issues behind being overweight and think people become severely overweight because they are just greedy and lazy.
Anyone else noticed this? xx

PS: Has there been a tribute to Angie in the credits? I've not seen one - but watched the first ep. on ITVplayer so didn't get credits.

Back