Biggirls CD Diary

I stayed round my mum's house last night and got a lovely nights sleep!

Now it's day 3 and it's still going great! I'm really surprised actually because I thought that I would feel really hungry and lethargic - Unless that's still to come!

I was up at about 7 and had my breakfast of original porridge. I have decided that I don't really like the porridge either but it's still a good start to the day. I think I will still keep it but I definitely need a mini whisk!

I'm really looking forward to my weigh in! I might have a sneaky one on Thursday!

Your doing great chick!!! I've done my first week & didnt get any major side effects either!!

We are gonna be ace!!! Xxx

Day 3: Nothing to shout about!

Thanks Gem! Out of interest, how much did you lose on your first week?

Day 3 was nothing to shout about really. The porridge I had wasn't very nice (original) but the Spicy Tomato soup was much better. I could get it down without holding my nose. Although I probably won't be getting it again.
I'm still in love with the shakes though! I had the chocolate one and it was lush! And I don't even really like chocolate. I find the shake tastes more like malt.
I stayed round my mum's again last night but tonight I'm going back home. I haven't got enough mealpacks with me for another night and I may as well make myself useful at home. There are a couple of things I can do at the weekend because I don't have anything else planned. Actually I think I'm doing my niece's hair but I'm not sure what day.

When I looked in the mirror this morning I noticed a change in my body. That's a great feeling!

Anyway, again, I wasn't feeling hungry and actually wasn't even craving food even with my mum cooking a stir-fry.

Today - Bring it on!

Your doing fab! Great feeling isn't it!! I lost 9.5lbs :) can't wait for next weigh in! Xxx

Hey, Its so great reading your diary, its really motivating.
I am on day 6, and I cannot wait to get weighed tomorrow.
You sound like you are doing really well. You can do this - keep it up! I look forward to reading more posts from you! Fingers crossed we both have a good first weeks weight loss!
xx

Day 4

Day 4 is pretty much done now. I'm glad that I have stuck with it because people always say that days 3-4 is the hardest. Maybe it's day 5-6!

This morning I had the Apple & Cinnamon porridge - it's definately the best one I've had. I added what I thought was too much extra cinnamon but it tasted lovely!

For lunch I had the Vanilla shakes. You know, I actually really like the shakes! I honestly think I could have just shakes for breakfast and lunch!

I just finished my Leek & Potato soup - How about YUM! Seriously, that soup is awesome! I think with my next batch, I'm gonna get a soup for every night.

Only side affect - I have the dreaded Dragon Breath!! And my tongue feels really furry IYKWIM!

I was thinking about how long I could honestly carry on with this diet. I mean, don't get me wrong, I want to lose the weight quickly, but I enjoy food. I love to cook. And I wouldn't mind challenging myself to cook a healthy meal each night. In fact, I could get myself a diet cookbook and cook all of the recipes in there in a Julie & Julia kind of way.

I think my plan would be to transition from SS straight to Slimfast. I'm not sure yet though. I probably want to lose maybe 2 or 3 stones on CD (I'll see what I look like), and then lose the rest on Slimfast. At least something like that should stop me from bingeing as soon I have finished. Then I could phase out a shake at a time.

Oh, I don't know.

I'll see what happens when I get there.

Maybe I should plan some days off? Has anyone done that before? How badly does it affect your weightloss? I don't mean that I would scoff everything on a plate but just that I could eat some real food! Maybe 1 day a month where I can plan out my meals in advance and keep them below a certain amount of calories. I just don't know how easy it would be to start again if you were to take a day off.

Anyways....on to day 5!!

Cat xx

Well, I don't know anything about Cambridge SS, so I don't want to give any advice -- unless this is a diet where you are in ketosis, taking a planned day off once a month would probably be fine. If you are in ketosis then I don't know how much it would take to bring you out of ketosis. (I probably sound really silly as I only know about ketosis because I've read a few blurbs about it on minimins, ketosis may not be a cambridge thing at all :eek: )

Anyway, learning some healthy recipes would be really great because that way you can have healthy foods to eat once you have lost the weight and are maintaining! It will be easier to keep the weight off that way. :)

Sorry about the fuzzy tongue! :eek: Would using a tongue scraper help with that at all?

Definitely wait and see what the more knowledgable people have to say about taking days off, I'm really quite an ignoramus! :D

Have a lovely night, you are doing so well, you ought to be really pleased with yourself! :wavey:

Last edited:
Hiya hun, I wouldn't be worried about this now. You'll get to work your way up the eating plans to where you will be able to eat normal healthy foods and maintain your weight without having to stay in ketosis. You probably won't need to switch to Slimfast either since you can do the same thing with your CD packs. Anyway, don't worry about it now, keep on doing what you're doing. You're doing great and it seems like this is the right weight loss regime for you. x

Hi
Got my first weigh in tonight slightly nervous but very excited
Luvin reading all your posts I've got 21/2 stone minimum I'd like tolose by my wedding in October x
I've also planned a cheat night on 16th July Chinese buffet ? but im going to lay off carbs and up my water for the rest of the week x

Good luck with the rest if your week x

Good Luck tonight Amy, I get weighed too! Fingers crossed we have both done well.
I think everyone needs a cheat night... its very hard to do a diet without no reward or something to look forward too. I know other people will disagree, but I find its how I am most successful when doing a diet.
xx

Day 5: Still going but missing DH

That's right, I'm still making it through this diet!

I miss my DH so much that this is getting tedious. I just want a hug. I talk to him every night on Skype but it's not the same!
I'm feeling really down and fed up. I just want to quit. I don't really know what to do.

I definitely will continue this 100% until my first weigh in.

I really want to eat some food. It's not even that I want junk food! I've been craving apples and salads.

I'm confused because I don't know if it's just because my DH isn't here. I'm not getting the support I would normally get.

I'm thinking in my head, what I could have as healthy alternatives to what I would usually get. I just really want to lose this weight, and I know that I won't let it pile on again.

Maybe I just need to set myself a goal to lose whilst on CD and then carry on with something better like healthy eating with calorie counting plus exercise.

I guess I could start having an idea now... I would probably like to lose 40lbs in total on CD and then move onto real food. There are a couple of great websites where you can work out how many calories to lose or maintain weight. I will use that as a guide.

I want to do some more exercise too. I'll be doing badminton once a week. I do it now but I try not to go to hard because I'm not supposed to exercise.

I'd also like to do squash. My DH enjoys squash and actually said that he'd like to lose some of his belly. Just need to find somewhere to book a court (and learn how to play it properly!)

Lastly, I would like to hit the gym! My gym is a 5 minute walk from work so I could go afterwards.

It feels so good to write down what I want to do when I reach this goal. It makes it sound more real. I'm still really determined to lose this weight!

I have also decided - If I am doing this, I'm doing it 100%! What's the point in cheating? It seems so simple now, I actually can believe it! Do I want to lose the weight - Yes. Do I want to be happy with my body - Yes. Do I want to walk around with my head held high - You're damn right!

So! That's the plan! Lose 40lbs in total on CD (or 8 weeks) then onto healthy eating with calorie counting!

Cat xx

Hi everyone,
Just to let you know I had my 1st weigh in and lost 7lb!
:) (my ticker has updated wrong though and for some reason I cant change it oopsy!
Honestly, once you see your first weight loss it makes you want to keep going - I promise you can do it xxx

Back