Biggirls CD Diary

Good luck BG and well done Sabrina.

one thing though BG - you're not supposed to exercise on SS or SS+, something about it making you retain water and it slows weight loss. annoying i know but as soon as you introduce some real food you can get back on it!

That's right, I'm still making it through this diet!

I miss my DH so much that this is getting tedious. I just want a hug. I talk to him every night on Skype but it's not the same!
I'm feeling really down and fed up. I just want to quit. I don't really know what to do.

I definitely will continue this 100% until my first weigh in.

I really want to eat some food. It's not even that I want junk food! I've been craving apples and salads.

I'm confused because I don't know if it's just because my DH isn't here. I'm not getting the support I would normally get.

I'm thinking in my head, what I could have as healthy alternatives to what I would usually get. I just really want to lose this weight, and I know that I won't let it pile on again.

Maybe I just need to set myself a goal to lose whilst on CD and then carry on with something better like healthy eating with calorie counting plus exercise.

I guess I could start having an idea now... I would probably like to lose 40lbs in total on CD and then move onto real food. There are a couple of great websites where you can work out how many calories to lose or maintain weight. I will use that as a guide.

I want to do some more exercise too. I'll be doing badminton once a week. I do it now but I try not to go to hard because I'm not supposed to exercise.

I'd also like to do squash. My DH enjoys squash and actually said that he'd like to lose some of his belly. Just need to find somewhere to book a court (and learn how to play it properly!)

Lastly, I would like to hit the gym! My gym is a 5 minute walk from work so I could go afterwards.

It feels so good to write down what I want to do when I reach this goal. It makes it sound more real. I'm still really determined to lose this weight!

I have also decided - If I am doing this, I'm doing it 100%! What's the point in cheating? It seems so simple now, I actually can believe it! Do I want to lose the weight - Yes. Do I want to be happy with my body - Yes. Do I want to walk around with my head held high - You're damn right!

So! That's the plan! Lose 40lbs in total on CD (or 8 weeks) then onto healthy eating with calorie counting!

Cat xx

Awww hang in there hon, I'd be missing my hubby too. You have been doing such a great job hanging in there, keep it up and he will be back before you know it! :hug99:

Your goals sound great and very reasonable! I am calorie counting myself--first I was just doing my best to only eat what I needed to keep being hungry, and one day I counted how many calories I ate just to see. And then I made this my rough estimate of how many calories I should eat every day. :)

We are all here for you--we know what it's like to want to throw in the towel for sure! We are cheering for you BG, you are a motivator for everybody who comes by your diary. :)

Hi everyone,
Just to let you know I had my 1st weigh in and lost 7lb!
:) (my ticker has updated wrong though and for some reason I cant change it oopsy!
Honestly, once you see your first weight loss it makes you want to keep going - I promise you can do it xxx

Tickers are a bit of a picky thing; it took me a while to figure them out. Once you make your ticker, you have to bookmark the actual page of your ticker and then return to that bookmark to update it. Simply going to ticker.com or whatever the site is will only allow you to create a new ticker. This might be what you need to do--just save that link to your favorites so you can return to it! I have two bookmarked, my "Diet Ticker" and my "Summer Diet Ticker" ;)

Good luck to you!

Day 6: Really? Still?

I guess that's day 6 done then...

Not much to report CD wise. It's still going fine and I'm not really getting hungry. It's just the wanting food that's getting to me. Again, whilst I'm on this diet it's all or nothing for me!

I've started making a list of all of the food I will be having when I come off this diet, with the amount of calories.
I've basically made it so it's a bit of a mix and match. Once I've added all of the food that I can (generally) have, I'll keep it on the fridge. I'm just thinking of the types of food I can have for each meal and snacks. The list is coming along nicely!

I also went to Costco with my mum this evening and picked up some meat. I don't think I can express how much of a good deal it was! I got 1.2kg of skinless and boneless salmon for about £12! To me, that's pretty good! I've portioned it all up and put it in the freezer.

Tomorrow I will be having an early weigh in with my CDC. My official weigh in day is Sunday so I won't update my ticker until then!

Cat xx

Saaaaalmooonnnn yummmmm!!!! :drool: :drool: :drool: My favorite fish!! :D

You have such a good attitude about your diet even though you've had a bit of a struggle with it (though you've stuck to it 100%, you go girl!), and I find that really admirable. :) You are right; writing about your feelings, goals, and frustrations IS a good thing to do and it will help you keep on track. Making a list of the healthy foods you can eat once you've transitioned is also a wise thing to do imo.

You are rocking this diet hon! :party0011:

Day 7: My Thoughts on the Week

Today is day 7. I finished all of my meals and my water.

I went to my consultant this morning and had my weigh in... I won't update my tracker all tell you the results as this is only 6 days of loss. I want to give this diet a full 7 days so I can give an accurate read. I can tell you though, that it is good!

My CDC suggested that I buy an item of clothing that is one size too small so that I can use it as a guide. I may or may not do that!!

My Thoughts on the Week

I definitely think that this diet is for those who are really determined to lose the weight. If you're not ready, the this is seriously not the diet for you! You need will power to get through this.

My wobbles have been just WANTING food but, apart from the first day, I didn't feel hungry.

I didn't feel anything strange happening to me during the week but I did notice my breath... IT STINKS! Also, I have been getting headaches but nothing to kick up a fuss about.

After all of this, if I lose anything like I'm hoping for, I will openly say that this diet is completely worth it!

Stay tuned!

Cat xx

I wonder if the headaches are windrawal from food or perhaps a caffeinated soda you maybe used to drink a lot? You sure have a terrific attitude about this. Glad the scales are looking happy! Will we get to know the WI results after 7 days? :D

Brilliant! It makes it all seem worth it doesn't it.

Back