Biggirls CD Diary

If having a day off gives you something to focus on and makes sticking to it easier, then I would mark one day off evey 3 weeks on the calendar as an incentive. Whatever works for you! There is no rules Around this, no CD police going to knock on the door if you have a break. But don't have too many or you will start to allow yourselves the odd day off more and more regularly!

I had a planned day off for Friday, which ended up starting thursday evening and finishing - well in about 3 hours when I go to bed tonight. But inhad so many things on, a mates birthday, mums night out and a family party, I think I can excuse myself as long as I get back on the wagon now!

You arnt alone, I stayed the same this week and was so fed up that I had 4 days off. Getting back on it today. Have 5 more lb till I have lost 1 stone and I think once I get to that stage I am going to join the gym and start weight watchers. I just miss food too much :(
xx

Well, I had my day off yesterday and I feel much better for it.

I think I actually started off by giving myself food poisoning!! I had eggs benedict and after that I was not very well at all. I was so sick it was ridiculous. I'm pretty sure it was the hollandaise sauce that did it! It pretty much knocked me out until about 3pm when I decided to make myself some lunch.

I had a deep dish pizza which I made myself but I didn't come close to eating it all. I was really really surprised! I enjoyed it a lot though. Later on I baked some scones so had 2 with clotted cream and jam - talk about yummy. I made 8 in total and my OH isn't really a fan (I know) so I left the rest for my father in law as I knew he was coming over today.

Later in the evening I had a small piece of steak which was uber yum and that was it for the day! I was still drinking my water loads and had 2 pints of orange squash.

All in all, I'm happy that I took that one day and now I am happy to carry on 100% back on plan.

I had my official week 3 weigh in yesterday morning and I have dropped 5.2lbs! I'm so happy with that! I still don't think I will reach my target of 25lbs in 4 weeks but I'm sure I will come pretty darn close to it! I'm also feeling like 40lbs should be somewhat achievable as I'm almost half way there. I'd like to lose another 5lbs this week which would leave me with about 16lbs to lose before my holiday.

I checked the scales again this morning and I actually lost .2lbs! I was half expecting to see around 4 or 5lbs but, i guess, with the puking, I got rid of a lot of that.

I can only assume that my stomach has shrunk because I didn't need a lot to get full.

So I think that 18.8lbs in 3 weeks is a pretty good loss and I'm actually starting to see it in my body. Other people are noticing too! I took my waist measurement and it is 32.5 inches.

I hope this continues!!

Cat xx

Well done! This is a really helpful diary. Very honest and determined.

Thats great news, good to hear that you feel better for a day off. I think it gives you something to look forward too.
Im feeling really fed up with the diet, I stayed the same last week and I dont feel like I am getting anywhere!!! So I will keep going for a bit...and see how I get on! I just need to get back to being motivated. xx

Apparently stomachs don't shrink actually, but that's only what I've read in some article I can't remember the name of. Either your stomach as shrunk or you're just not used to eating a lot any more so you're more in tune to when you are chocked full. :D

Sorry you were so ill though! Yuck! Glad you had a nice day off- I took yesterday evening off myself. :)

Well done!! You did really well. Seems like you really enjoyed your meals on your day off, apart from the sicky bit. I hope you're feeling better now? The meals sound so yummy and you obviously love cooking. Your OH is one lucky man!! I'm looking forward to trying some of your healthy recipes for when I reach my target. Have another great week and send me dome of your motivation and willpower pleeeeaase. :)

I made a choice today that will affect my diet.
I quit my job. I just could take being spoken to like a child by my boss and every day I go home and cry. I really couldn't continue.
So, because I have done that, I will have to cut back on things until I get a new job. That also means that I can't afford to stick with CD for much longer.

I have the rest of this week and then my OH said he could buy me one more week and I can afford one more week. So I have this week and 2 more afterwards.

I need to make sure that I make the most of it because after this I will have to stop for a while. I really don't want to have to stop but it's probably for the best anyway so I can start incorporating healthy foods.

So! I'm setting myself a goal for the last few weeks of Cambridge. Starting from now, I want to lose 15lbs. That would take me down to around 12st 3lbs. I'd be happy with that.

What's also good about being forced into stopping is that it will give me about 2 1/2 weeks before I go on holiday to "normalise" my weight.

Wish me luck guys. I really didn't want to get to this point because I want this to be my last diet.

I hope I can do this!

Firstly, good for you!! Well done for standing up for yourself. No one needs to be made miserable at work. It's where we spend most of your lives afterall. I reckon you should open your own restaurant and work for yourself. Nothing like having your own business. You seem to be someone who thinks things through and when the decision is made, that's it! Good on you.
Secondly, have you calculated how much you would spend on food if you were eating real food? It might only be slightly less than what you pay for CD, and you might still be able to continue buying your CD packs. Although, it's not just the cost is it? I think you're probably looking forward to being 'normal' again, and eating real food. I think you could very easily move on to another weightloss regime that involves food and lose the remaining weight steadily. I'm thinking of doing just that. If I can get 2 stones off with CD, I might then do SLimmingworld (red days work best for me) and the occassional week of CD SS to boost my losses.
Well done so far, you've done SO well. Don't stop your diary on MM whatever you do, and thanks for the motivational vibes lol!

I agree with Cee-- Good for you!!!! Don't put up with others being condescening to you. A bad job makes the rest of life more difficult, and nobody needs that! Are you looking into finding another means of work?

You will be absolutely fine with whatever you choose to do. You have the determination and a great attitude. I really admire you BG!!!

Hi - whats they said! :D:D

Good for you quitting your job - I certainly think that a happy work life helps a happy home life, since you spend as much time in work relationships as you do in home ones.

I hear that other diets like exante (?) are cheaper than CD - you could also try WW which seems to be the most effective long term diet. But don't worry, you have shown so much determination I think you will be fine! :D:D

Hiya BG! how's it going? Missing your posts.

Back