Bikini in Oz- I'm coming to get you!

Ha ha on the scale front! That's hilarious! I haven't got my hubby to hide them yet but I know I'll be lifting up the floorboards to hunt them down if he did!!
Glad you enjoyed the concert! And your willpower is super duper strong! Xx

Thanks Cheekychick and Sammy-it definitely gets easier as the weeks go by but with the odd temptations now and then!!!!The weekends are difficult but I manage by having a protein meal if I need to.

Well I'm still on track-just about and it's a miracle I still am given the weekend I've just had.

Work is so out of control stressful that I pulled over on the side of the road on Friday evening because I thought I was having some kind of breakdown.This has never happened to me before but obviously something is wrong when you can't face coming home/can't stay where you are!I may have put it down to hormones except that it was an overwhelming feeling like I never felt before.

The reasons are numerous which I won't bore you all with but my family and now my health are suffering.I'm planning on visiting my doc tomorrow and asking for help. The rational side of me says "Get a grip"-my husband is currently unemployed but it suits as he minds our children.The emotional side says -no job is worth the stress and strain I'm under-something has to give and it's not going to be my sanity.So I've decided that after 13 years I'm leaving my job and I know that in spite of facing a shaky future I've made the right decision for my family and I.I have tried part time in the same company-it doesnt work so I feel as if my choices are limited anyway.

Sorry for boring you with all the details but in spite of that eventful weekend I've stayed on track-not even hungry to be honest.It's our anniversary tomorrow so went out to lunch and I had a chicken salad-granted there was honey in the dressing but I'm not stressing about that!

Hope everyone had a good weekend-my weigh in is tomorrow morning.

It's a great sign that despite all of the pressure you are under you are not even tempted to come off plan. It really bodes well for future maintenance.

I'm sorry to hear that you're under so much stress. I've been in a situation where I was working so much on a 9 month programme that it seriously affected my marriage and I took a couple of months off to recover at the end of it. I then found myself in a situation 6 months later when it was obviously going to happen again only this time for a 12 month programme. I decided to leave instead. It was incredibly well paid and interesting - but it wasn't worth the stress and the impact it would have had on my personal life. Sometimes you need to walk away for your own sanity.

Are you employed (I worked for myself during my stressful time but with a very demanding client!). If you are employed then you may want to think about taking some time off with stress. There's no shame in doing it - you're not well and obviously can't continue as you are. Your logical self shouldn't be telling you to 'get a grip' (that's your controlling parent talking) but should instead be telling you to reach out for some help.

Hope everything works out well for you. xx

Sorry to hear the strain you've been under. Feel free to rant on here - we're all happy to listen and support. Life sends us these challenges to show us we're stronger than we realise. Hugs Xx

Yes Weasey I'm employed and to make matters worse it's by my aunt.?
I wrote her an email earlier this year expressing all the issues I thought were affecting the way I was doing my job-all that really became of that was she says she felt hurt!!!!The outcome in her head was to pile on more and more responsibilities because I said she had an issue with relinquishing enough control for me to make decisions-what I didn't expect was her expectation is for me to make all the decisions-even ones I'm not comfortable with or qualified to do-and suffer the consequences if I make the wrong ones....
Yes,it's having an effect on my marriage and my relationship with my kids-I'm so exhausted in the evenings that the 1 whole hour I see them,I'm fit for nothing.I'm just not accepting that this is what it's all about-time to move on.
I'm going to take some time for myself this week and work it all out.
Sammy,thanks for the support too x

Being employed by family does make things more difficult. Take some time for yourself and walk away from the job if that's the right thing for you. Take care of yourself xx

Snap! Yay. Love seeing the scales go down.

Good luck with your decision, having family involved doesn't help make things easier it actually makes it harder. But you're right that you have to put you and your marriage and your kids first. You will be much happier once it's all resolved.
Well done for not deviating from plan when life gets tough. Xx

Well done Lainey and Sammy on your weight losses - great result!

Thanks Sammy and Weasey.I've been to the doc this morning and bless her,I spluttered and bawled my way through the entire story....she's signed me off initially for 2 weeks,I'm returning to see her next week to see how I'm feeling...I'm not the type to sit around so she's warned me to relax and take time out for myself so doctor's orders-I'm sitting on my shrinking butt here?.
Just tried the curry again with some chicken in it and it's still rank-not even hungry anyway so I'll try another pack later.My sister and 1 year old niece are visiting tonight and can't wait to see them-I know I'll burst out crying when I do but hey ho!!!
Enjoy your Monday girls...it's so warm here I'm in my tee shirt again-at least the weather is holding up!

My mouth "accidentally" fell onto a slice of Genoise sponge that I made today-dreaded time of the month so putting it down to hormones-the end!

Hi Everyone,

We'll I'm back in the S and S train...it's been a hellish few weeks emotionally and I've still got work issues to sort out but I'm in the right place again to re-start this diet.The funny thing is I love everything about a VLCD-the control,the lack of decision making and of course the rapid results!Ive still been following all the stories and wow-how well everyone is doing( yes Sammy I'm referring to you!!!!)
I think the motivation to restart has been a few things-
1.My hubby just got a job so the pressure is off for me to return to a job I hate and therefore my head is in a better place.
2.Christmas is fast approaching and I swore I wouldn't go through another fat Christmas.
3.Re-reading stories here-the people who started the same time as me and the old schoolers who are a treasure trove of weight loss wisdom.
4. Recent clothes shopping with my Mum-I felt like a fat frump and hate feeling like that.
5.I read on here last night "losing weight is hard,being fat is hard so choose your hard"-it just really struck a cord with me....because what it really boils down to is would I rather be fat or thin ?I choose thin!
So no more excuses,( I'm even heading on a night away on Saturday night and will not let food get the better of me).I forgot to weigh myself this morning but will do tomorrow,I'll know then how much Ill have to lose.
Have a lovely day ladies x

Hi Lainey it's great to have you back!!
It's good once your head is back in the game then your body can follow suit. Sounds like you've had a tough time of it but looks like the dark clouds are shifting and you're finally getting a bit of sunshine. It's hard to concentrate on a vlcd when other things in your life are causing stress.
I hope your job gets sorted soon and I'm happy to hear the pressure has eased with your hubby working too so hopefully all that will help reduce the tension.
This first week will whizz by and soon you'll be back into the swing of things.
Good luck hun!!
Xx x xX

Thanks Sammy,

I really hope this determination lasts...TOTM is fast approaching and I'm usually like a bear with a sore head who could eat her own legs off but...positive thinking!I joined a Pilates class last week which I adored-that'll help with the stresses and strains of life!
I'm not going to dwell on the fact that you're in week 7,where I should be too except to say you should be so proud of yourself.You've really rocked this diet and those jeans will fit in no time at all...
I'm already freezing and it's only day 1...roll on Wed/Thursday so ketosis kicks in.

It'll kick in soon enough - and week 7 for you will come round quick! I remember when I started and read these forums and was envious that everyone was so 'in it', but time does fly!!
My totm was awful and I actually had 5 packs one day (2 dark Truffa bars!) one if them I pretty much inhaled! It went from wrapper to mouth in 0.5 seconds! I don't know why but I'm so hungry on my totm.

I hated that cold feeling!! If you get the chance to snuggle up with a hot drink then go for it! Xx

Weighed in this morning-12 st 2.4 pounds!!!That leaves me with 35 lbs to lose ideally before Christmas...can it be done,I really hope so.

I made a pancake from the porridge pack this morning and it was absolutely delicious.Im definitely going to experiment with the packs this time-think it makes things a bit more exciting.

I also tried different flavoured teas yesterday-camomile with berries and green tea with Apple.....liked both of them but need my coffee fix now.

Have a great Tuesday everyone.

Hi there!!
I think you can definitely get most if not all of that off by Christmas - remember your first week is a big loss so that will be lovely and you have ten weeks - see what weight you are after the big loss on week one's weigh in and then you can crack on with losing an average of 3lbs a week roughly and be at your goal in no time.

Those teas sound lovely!
Xx

Thanks Sammy,

Just back from Pilates-love it but my goodness it was difficult tonight,basically because I'm utterly crap at it.

Having my lemon bar and a cuppa and watching the Great British Bake Off just to really punish myself even more...hoping for that great big whoosh of a loss next week!

Pilates is great! I did it before my wedding and remember one of the positions my arms were trembling and I thought 'I just can't take this anymore!' I had to focus on my engagement ring and think it'll be worth it on the day!
I've recorded a few Pilates things on the plus box but haven't had the chance to do them yet.
I've heard that 30 day shred is good!

Xx

Back