Bikini or swimsuit on holiday?

Holidaygirl10

Silver Member
I have just returned from a week in Egypt and had fab time.
I could not help but notice how many women of my age/size (50/size 16) were wearing bikinis.
I felt quite over-dressed in my swimsuit!:)
I have absolute admiration for all these women and think it's wonderful that they obviously felt comfortable in what were some lovely bikinis!
I just thought next time I will do the same, though I know it's all about being comfortable in your own skin which maybe I wasn't!:)

I have just returned from a week in Egypt and had fab time.
I could not help but notice how many women of my age/size (50/size 16) were wearing bikinis.
I felt quite over-dressed in my swimsuit!:)
I have absolute admiration for all these women and think it's wonderful that they obviously felt comfortable in what were some lovely bikinis!
I just thought next time I will do the same, though I know it's all about being comfortable in your own skin which maybe I wasn't!:)

You're totally right, it's all about feeling comfortable in what you wear. Who cares what size/age you are, if you feel happy, comfortable and confident, go for it :D xx

I feel exactly the same! I'm a 12/14 & always wear a tankini & have always admired women bigger than me wearing much less. I love the confidence people show when they're in a different place, maybe because no one knows them, or because they're just very comfortable with their bodies.

I'm off on hol tomorrow (Egypt) & I'm taking tankinis but packing a bikini, should I feel extra slim one day ;-)

I feel exactly the same! I'm a 12/14 & always wear a tankini & have always admired women bigger than me wearing much less. I love the confidence people show when they're in a different place, maybe because no one knows them, or because they're just very comfortable with their bodies.

I'm off on hol tomorrow (Egypt) & I'm taking tankinis but packing a bikini, should I feel extra slim one day ;-)

Have a lovely holiday: I only put on half a pound whilst away: can't believe it!
I did wish I had taken a bikini as I think I would have had the confidence to wear it after all!

Have a lovely holiday: I only put on half a pound whilst away: can't believe it!
I did wish I had taken a bikini as I think I would have had the confidence to wear it after all!

Good for you!! So you should feel confident, you've had a great weight loss. And well done for only gaining half a pound, you must have amazing willpower!! I'd have probably gained more like half a stone :8855:xx

LisaC have a lovely holiday hun xx

Wow half a pound is good! I never try to be good when on holiday, I want to enjoy myself without fretting over food. Oddly enough I nearly always lose weight when I'm on an all-inc holiday, the last few days I've been totally off plan though so I may pay for it on the scales when I'm back ;)

I def was't good, hehe! That's what hols are for. Just make sure you get back on plan on return! Have fun:)

Holidaygirl, I love your exercise ticker, monitoring how many lengths you've done. That's such a good idea!!

My cousins (who also follow SW) and I decided to go swimming last Thursday, and are making it a once a week thing. Last week I managed 20 lengths in 30 minutes, so hoping to up that a little tomorrow! :) xx

Back