binge eating and slimfast

Dan8317

Hi all,

Just wondered if anyone who binge eats has had much success with this diet? I've switched nonstop between all the usual diet clubs and still seem to binge on a regular basis. Just wondering if a diet like this where you have to think less about food would be a good idea with trying to address this?

Am thinking about trying this while using cc on days where I feel like a shake just won't cut it. That way I won't feel like I've failed and binge like normal. Any suggestions would be much appreciated,

Dan x

I use it as a week day thing mostly and cal count on the weekend. That way I don't miss out on family things with hubby and kids. I fell off the wagon mid Jan and couldn't stop stuffing my face every evening :-( I felt really bloated and sick most nights and after 5 weeks actually managed to sick to the 1st day under my cal allowance.
It's the same as any diet and will only work if you stick to it and are honest about what you eat. You need to be strict with yourself and make the change and keep reminding yourself why you're doing it :)
It has helped me to not be obsessed by food, I know what I'm eating for brekkie and lunch so I just have to plan my dinner!
Good luck with what you decide x

I'm a prolific binge eater and as wobbly tum says i feel it helps a bit as i know what i'm having for 2 out of 3 meals. The only thing i can really suggest is take it a day at a time, that way you're not thinking too far ahead. Good luck to you :)

Thanks both for the replies and I've decided to jump on the sf wagon starting in the morning. I've bought the shakes ready and actually quite excited to try something different. I was contemplating doing a vlcd but know that I just wouldn't beable to completely cut food out.

Hoping I can finally find a diet that will work for me and help resolve some of my issues with food. Really want to get some of this weight off before the summer clothes have to come out.

Good luck,
Dan x

Hi Dan,

Im a binge eater too-get the worst bouts of shame and anger for doing it to myself,but can't seem to stop.

Doing SF is my next attempt at trying to curb my bad habits as Im always thinking about food otherwise.First weigh in tomorrow,and I only had a small slip up at the weekend so fingers crossed.

Hope it works out well for you xxx

Hey lovelies.

I am exactly the same!

I cannot stop bingeing even though I know at the time I am eating it that its causing me to gain weight & that once I am finished I will be miserable.

This is the one thing that is just making me miserable. I cant buy anything nice to wear, I wont wear a dress or skirt without tights or leggings. I wont wear jeans. I'm just sooooooooooooooooooooo miserable but I know that its all my own fault.

I know some of those things may seem pathetic to some but I would just love to be able to dress a bit better & feel comfortable.

I have been doin shakes since Monday.

I have had to have an internal battle with myself last night & tonight not to pig out completely.

Been stressful at work so I want to eat & OH was away with work so I cannot believe that I managed to stick to it - small steps all the way & we will be able to do this!!

Best of luck Dxxxx

I echo those who say its nice to have 2 out of 3 meals planned without having to plan them. I feel like I usually miss breakfast and lunch, then eat a ton for dinner and snacks. Also, when Im stressed, I binge very badly (think 2000+ calories within 10 mins or so :/) and so far, on the 3 days Ive been on this plan, I havent binged once and I am down 3lbs. Im hoping this is the thing that pulls me out of my binge eating cycle as well. Good luck!

Hi dan , i binge eat so i have tried doing this diet , i am still binge eating just have changed my mindset and am not thinking about food because the shakes are really filling. Its working so far anyways and i havnt been hungry once.

I'm also a binge eater an thought sf would be ideal because like everyone says your meals are planned! Today has only been my first day an the cravings have been so bad, especially at work.. (Boredom?) but i've stuck too it an i'm hoping the cravings will curb in a few days!! X

Back