binge eating

This has been a real eye opener. I have been a binge eater for uears and been to eating disorder groups etc. I have always wondered whether i shoudl just take food away completely and face my food fears head on. Do you recommend exante for this?

Exante may help you get started, but long term you need to solve the basic problem, and i firmly believe that the way to overcome binge eating is to avoid the refined carbs that cause the problem in the first place. It has certainly worked for me.

i think im gonna get my 'you can be thin' book out by marrissa peer that really focuses on changing the subconsious mind and it really helped me until i got preggers lol. i do recommend it.

Spyro, I've read Marissa Peer too - I've still got it somewhere and I think I'll dip back into it when I've finished the VLCD part of this.
Lynn, I agree that carbs have been used as "filler", padding out meals cheaply for so long that it's seen as something we can't live without. I do think our bodies need a certain amount of complex carbs to run smoothly (though not a great deal), but I see now that sugar and "white" carbs - white bread, white pasta & potatoes are something that will be a once in a blue moon kind of thing. And I'm actually ok with that. On the few occasions I've wanted to eat I have craved protein, where before it would have been c*ke, cr*sps and ch*c! The message my body has been sending me all this time is finally getting through!!

.............just a quickie. I wouldn't say that I have binged today but I have definitely fallen off the wagon. The difference now is that tomorrow I will be straight back on it and my little lapse will not turn into a week or more of binge eating with all of the associated guilt that goes with it. Being on Lipotrim/Exante has taught me that we will all have a slip up every now and again but it does not have to be the disaster that it previously would have been. xx

Back