Bingeing... Why?!!?

Hehe, thank you :D

It's just some of the mindfulness that has been mentioned here. Reminding myself that it feels so much better to eat well and lose weight than it does to binge. Also that I can repeat my past successes, and lose more :)

Micci, it does seem like thin people eat everything and don't have to think about it! Wish I could do that :rolleyes: Maybe it only seems that way though?

xxx

Oh you're doing great, you put the theory into practice:)

About the thin people that eat everything, from what I know there isn't a rule but I have several thin friends who eat everything, but they eat it in moderation. For example, my house mates eat chocolate almost everyday but not an entire bar of it at once, just one square or two; they're all thin and once a week they also eat takeaway with potato fries and things like that, but they rarely finish it, usually they put leftovers on the fridge to eat on other day.

I have this good examples at home, yet I'm still one of those slim people that eat a whole bar of chocolate at once and then "starve" chocolate for a week or two (all or nothing approach) and I'm one of those that may order a takeaway only twice a month but I eat it all at the same sitting instead of ordering it once a week and spread it into two meals.
So the looks is the same (we are all slim looking people), but obviously their approach is better and healthier (both for body and mind) than mine, because there is always moderation in everything: treats, portions, etc. Now I just have to put into practice these things because I know they work, I see them working.

They neither count calories, it's like second nature for them, actually they don't know how many calories on average foods have. They just know what everyone knows, that is common sense things like: eating more veggies and fruits, eat fried foods and sweets in moderation or sparingly.
The other day we were all watching the biggest loser and they had a challange of guessing the foods calories, I guessed most of it and they didn't have a clue about none, lol. Funny thing is they don't need to know that at all, they naturally eat normal.

I must admit it never was second nature for me to eat normal because I'm prone to emotional eating. That's why I need to practice mindful eating and, as the time goes on, maybe it'll become second nature for me as well. I belive the quote: "Fake it untill you make and feel it".
Human beings have learning habilities, so I'll learn to practice better ways as well.
After all, I don't have binges nowadays the same way I used to have. The same way, I don't compensate by "starving" the like I used to do in the past.
This is a journey, a learning process and overall I know I'm learning and improving.
This is what matters, never give up of reaching a well-being balance, because it exists and it is possible to achieve :)

Thanks :D I think you've confirmed what I said about thin people seeming not to think about food. Looks like your friends do think about it, but just naturally have the unhealthy things in moderation. I think I will have to fake it til I make it, like you say! Currently, counting ProPoints helps me to stay in control. Hopefully one day I'll get to the place your friends naturally seem to be in.

I'm loving fruit at the moment - the other day I had to stop myself from eating another clementine because I'd be using them all up :D So I know I'm getting there, if slowly!

Yes, we'll get there one day;)

I love fruit too, it helps my sweet tooth and it's great for digestion. I surely have my 5 fruit/veg a day and more:p

xx

Hi everyone sorry ive not been around a while
Ive just took myself off to try and sort myself out
I am proud to say that the last two wks i have not binged or purged
I am finally starting to realise that only me can change me
Early days but im going to the gym i have a great guy who showed me around and really seems to care how im doing
I have a long road but im really trying
Hope you are all ok and im looking forward to catching up with you all lesley xx

Hi Lesley!

I was wondering where you had been. I'm so pleased that you're still working things through. You've come to the same conclusion as me; there's only me stopping myself from being healthy and slim.

I want to lose weight without stopping eating junk. You literally can't have your cake and eat it. I have to knuckle down and stop playing at losing some flab. Whatever happens when I'm slim - which I seem to be putting off - I can handle. I am peeved because I can't eat 2 Mars Bars or half a cake and the only person I am harming is myself.

It's great you had some time to yourself and I'm sure this will be your breakthrough. Whatever, we'll be here to share it.

Love Pomooky XX

Lesley,

that is such good news. I am very happy for you. Pomooky, I can't remember, have you considered doing Skimming World? You do still get treats but factor them into the day's eating. Yeah, not two Mars bars or half a cake but there are alternatives - have a look at the SW section here. I laugh at the groups actually, I once was with one where the counsellor talked about the nice healthy lifestyle SW promoted and them proceeded to tell us about pure junk.... can't say I'm averse to the odd bit of junk here an there.

Lesley,
Finally we have news from you:) And they're great news, you're doing very well;)
And you're totally right, this is our body, we are the ones who feed it, so we are the only ones who can change it as well.

xx

Hi Lesley - lovely to hear from you.

Well it's weigh in day and I've lost another pound. Going to do my level best not to binge today so I won't feel the need to starve myself afterwards. Wish me luck in breaking old negative patterns of thought. xxx

yay! go for it krupskaya !!!

Last edited:
Thankyou Micci (((hugs)))! x

Well done Kruspkaya :)

xx

Krupskaya, well done!

Have you stuck to SW all the time or do you chop and change a bit? I would be afraid of the thing about eating huge jacket spuds, beans etc as I would really take advantage of that! Also, I had a look at their website a few months ago and I was totally confused with the green days, red days etc. Is green mostly veggie?

Anyway, you have done amazingly well and it's great to see that descending chart!!

Pomooky XX

Hi all how is everyone doing
I am well feeling a lot more positive than i was i have read thro some old posts and cant believe how fed up i sounded how did you all put up with me lol
I am going away to glasgow for a girls weekend and i am really looking forward to it

Krups well done on your loss you are doing well x

Aline thank you for your kind words

Pomooky and micci i hope you are both well x

I have not heard from mandy for a while how are you mandy x

I am of to bed now take care my cyber friends
You all mean a lot to me xxx

Lesley,

I'm so glad this thread helped you somehow. It has been helping me as well, because I know I can come here, open my heart and not be judged. Instead I feel everyone is understandingand supportive.

I hope you have fun at Glasgow :)

x

Thankyou Aline, Pomooky and Lesley!

Krupskaya, well done!

Have you stuck to SW all the time or do you chop and change a bit? I would be afraid of the thing about eating huge jacket spuds, beans etc as I would really take advantage of that! Also, I had a look at their website a few months ago and I was totally confused with the green days, red days etc. Is green mostly veggie?

Anyway, you have done amazingly well and it's great to see that descending chart!!

Pomooky XX

Hi Pomooky, I've stuck to SW throughout, it's such an easy plan to do once you get the hang of it. I do only green days as I'm a veggie. Red is a meat based plan, green a vegetable based plan and EE a combination of the two. Although there are lots of free food (like the jacket and beans on green for example) you do have to exercise some portion control. It's not too difficult though - well not until you get your binging head on!

Thankyou for you kind words lovely!

Massive binge 1000 calories worth. If I can stop now I will be within 1400 calories for day but hard to stop once started. Feel sick and 10 times worse arrgghh why do u do this again and again and never learn

did you stop? have you stopped? If not, STOP NOW :)

Do you know what triggered this binge? Is there anything you could do differently if you get the same trigger again?

It doesn't have to be like this forever. Don't be hard on yourself, you are doing this for a reason. How long is it since you have binged? Congratulate yourself on that time and whatever you do, don't try and compensate by starving tomorrow. I speak from bitter experience, the best way to keep a binge going indefinitely is to promise yourself starvation the next day. It panics our primitive brain that needs to eat to avoid famine and disaster.

Its OK ... so you've put your weight loss back a while. Its not the end of the world. Tomorrow will be different and you will be back on track.

Micci xxx

OMG I'm craving food soooo badly. I'm not in the remotest bit hungry I just want to descend like a locust upon the contents of the kitchen. It's so hard to resist but I know when I start it'll turn into a massive binge. Holding on by my fingernails here...

OK, avoid the kitchen! find something really interesting to do or keep reading and posting on this site I find anyway that reading other peoples inspiring stories can help. I want big pants/little body piccies of me too :)

i saw you posted about half an hour ago, how are you now?

Totally fed up now. Have binged again and feel quite tearful, despondent. I don't think I will ever stop this stupid habit and really dislike myself. I haven't had any problems today, I just wanted to stuff my face because I can.

I don't know how to stop this. I'm going to read some links on here and see if I can get ny head together. What a failure!

Sorry to be so negative but I feel crap and didn't even enjoy any of the binge. I even swapped one junk thing for another because it was totally disgusting. How about that? gourmet binging?

Same old cycle of mindless gorging. I know I will feel dreadful tomorrow, eat well and then binge the next day. Moan, moan, moan! :(

Well, here's hoping for a better tomorrow (as ever)

Pomooky XX (Feeling sick, fat, bloated, wrinkly - oh, you name it, I feel it!)

Back