Bingeing... Why?!!?

Anyone had any luck in quitting the bingeing. I would appreciate some tips on how to stop and also how to sensibly diet afterwards. I would like to loose at least three stones.

Baby_Cakes said:
Anyone had any luck in quitting the bingeing. I would appreciate some tips on how to stop and also how to sensibly diet afterwards. I would like to loose at least three stones.

I've had no luck at all, if anything I am worse. I am waiting for an appointment to see someone about my depression and anxiety, I will mention my bingeing problems to them and see what they can suggest.

Hope everyone else has better luck than I've had.

I can go about 2 weeks without bingeing - can get to about 8lbs lower than i am at now - then something hits and i eat uncontrollably and end up back to where I started. You can see on my ticket I am more than I was. Im 168lbs atm :(

Do you guys crave anything specific or is it just high calorie food? I ask this because if you crave something specific it might help you to discover if there is a deficiency. It is thought that pmt chocolate cravings are usually due to a slight magnesium deficiency, it was suggested brazil nuts or supplement tablets - for those of us trying to loose the pounds nuts need to be limited. Crisp cravings can be done to lacking salt, there are many lower fat ways to redress this one.

Im so the same,i can feel great on a diet for a few wks then blow it and binge and not sure why i do it to myself

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

A lot of what people have written on here sounds very familiar to me. I used to be able to control myself and have multipacks of biscuits, funsize chocolates etc in the house and just stick to one every day or two, but now if they're in the house I have to eat EVERYTHING. The idea is that once it's all gone I'll be able to get on my diet without having anything tempting around me, but I always end up buying something else in bulk, as an exercise in self-control, and eating it all again. Evenings are the worst times for me: I'll eat super healthily all day and then just binge on whatever's around me when I get home from work. I've downloaded a book from Amazon called 'Eating Less: Say Goodbye to Overeating' by Gillian Riley and a lot of what I've read in there rings true for me, so hopefully that'll help.

I am a binge queen..... I've even been hypnotised and nothing has helped.
I am really really good for always 6-7 weeks, then Ill end up feeling like I haven't lost enough, or someone will say the usual to me " wow you used to be so skinny" and BANG I will eat EVERYTHING even chocolate out the body paint choc tub!!! Ha
I'll eat till its all gone by telling myself once I've eaten it all, then I'll diet again without any distractions.....
Shame.... I don't know the answer,if any of you do, I'd be very grateful x
Good luck in your quests for sveltness....

To Val, I've been hypnotised by the best people (4) as a job perk and nothing...... No tapping, mantras, self positivity, happy thoughts helped me....

Comfort in food.
I have only recently been able to accept that I do comfort eat which takes its form in bingeing. I had heard about it read about it but always thought no that's not me I'm just greedy and love my foods. Then one day it just clicked. I was an only child to a single parent, my mum worked so I spent must time with my grandparents. I was loved but we never really showed much affection. I found it hard to make friends at school and didn't have older cousins around. I spent lunchtimes and breaks eating and when I got home mum was still at work so if make something to eat, then she would go to bed early and I'd binge.
As am adult if my oh is away working and I am lonely at night I will eat everything. If I have something on my mind I will eat. I don't have any particularly close friends and I know I have barriers up emotionally. I never want to be seen as weak or get hurt so when I was struggling on my own with my baby daughter when oh worked away I didn't ask for help I just ate. And so that leads me to here. 29 and obese, not living the life I should be but watching others enjoy theirs around me.
I do not want this for my daughter but until now I suppose I thought I didn't deserve anything else.
Now I am in control, I know I have a problem and I know it needs to be dealt with. Part if this will be breaking down those emotional barriers which I find very scary.
But I need to do it! I deserve to be happy and living my life slim! I am trying to recognise the triggers for my bingeing now and deal with the cause. Am sure it won't be easy.

Last edited:
This thread is incredibly interesting - gonna check out those IWOL podcasts. (Had a binge last night...)

So glad I found this thread....

Another binger here :( I feel really embarrassed to admit to that. I seem to do well for a while and then I go into self sabotage mode. I don't know why I do it. I don't eat when I am sad or depressed. I can be feeling on top of the world and still be eating like there is no tomorrow.

I really want to sort it out once and for all so I think I will be on this board a lot! :D

fellow binger here too....I can go from being controlled to being so off the wagon it's unreal. I find if my weigh in day is say a Monday and I have a naughty then that's ok but if I have a naughty on a Tuesday or Wednesday say it throws me off till the next weigh in?? I can't draw a line under the bad day and start again the following day

I've bought Gillian Riley's overeating book & a slimpod. Preparing for life post Cambridge & realising that normal diets & bingeing aren't compatible.

A few people in their diaries in the Cambridge section recommend Riley. I'm reading it now & it seems simple but hopefully effective. The idea is that if you have issues with eating you can't diet. Because the association of foods with guilt etc means you will always rebel.

Back