birthday blowout

thinfor30!

Hi dukaners, I was just wondering what the drill is following a major fall off the wagon. It's my birthday in 5 weeks and I am having a massive weekend away and know for a fact I will not be sticking to the cruise diet that I will be on then. I do however want to get back on the diet as soon as I get back. Have other people done this and if so do you go back to attack or return to cruise? All help v much appreciated!

Let me know toooooo - have night out planned for Friday!!

Am planning to have BEER!!!! (but Dukan foods)

Have several PP days after and drink lots of water.

I understand having a birthday celebration.

I dont understand having beer when you could have a lower carb option - or stick to diet coke. The worst thing to do on this diet is give yourself permission to cheat, because its harder and harder to restart and you never lose as well after the first time.

Don't drink beer - it's the most carby drink you could possibly chose, so you will have the worst of all side-effects;

- the worst hangover of your life
- weight gain
- Irresistable cravings for food

If you must drink - (and many people do, and regret it afterwards) do at least follow Dr D suggestions, and stick to red wine

Oh no... Wine in pubs always makes me feel terrible the next day.... Eeeek

On a plus side I have had no cravings at all, slight headache today, nothing out of the ordinary

The only thing I miss is beer and wine

I'm on day 6 of this diet and it's the easiest one I have ever done

Last edited:
I had a few Gin and Slimline tonics at the weekend, I didn't go nuts or anything but it was a family do and I figured slimline tonic was carb free. I didn't feel I got drunk very quickly or anything like that. On the other hand I had a terribly bad hangover the next day and serious cravings for starchy carbs and I haven't had a loss! Worth it perhaps since it was an important night out and I would normally have a hangover anyway after a night out... But to each their own, this is a lifestyle change but life happens while you're dieting, I'm no saint and sometimes things like that are unavoidable.

Atropos said:
Just wait til you discover for yourself what a hangover in ketosis feels like....

I've done the Cambridge diet on sole source and was in proper ketosis. I don't feel the same way at the moment

I might be doing something wrong but my weight loss is on track, so is unlikely

jaqys said:
Have several PP days after and drink lots of water.

I understand having a birthday celebration.

I dont understand having beer when you could have a lower carb option - or stick to diet coke. The worst thing to do on this diet is give yourself permission to cheat, because its harder and harder to restart and you never lose as well after the first time.

As the first time round in this diet was basically the simplest and mist comfortable diet for me ever I have no fear about restarting the next day

I will be filling up on protein so I won't be snacking on crisps and am only planning to have a couple (or maybe 3) pints... And I'm going to enjoy it!!!

I've just had a major blowout after a month on dukan and 12.5lbs loss. I had plateaued and was getting tired. So one day off and then I'm gonna do 3 days pp - fingers crossed!

Back