Birthday dilemma!!

covkirst83

hi every1

i have a bit of a dilemma. my mum has booked a table to go out 2moro night for my birthday so i couldnt say no. gonna go to bella italia.any1 bin there?? i have decided 2 have chicken an bacon with spinach without the dressin and a sparklin water.this is pretty low carb and should be ok but im worryin cuz im not really used 2 eatin. im gonna be full after a few mouthfuls. im gonna do lipotrim 100% after this. its my birthday 2moro so gotta enjoy it even tho i cant have a vodka an coke!;)

It is up to you but it may affect your loss next week. So be prepared for a setback. Happy birthday!!!!

as above it will affect your weight loss, well more than likely. But then your birthday only comes around once a year, whereas you could probably lose the gain in the next week or two anyways... If it was me I would have celebrated my birthday after LT, but seeing as though its a surprise be sensible and dont go tooo mad

Didnt your mum know you was on a TFR? Seems strange lol well have a lovely time hun and get straight back on track the day after!
Happy Bithday xxx

Why would your mum book a table for you to go out and eat if she knows you are on TFR? Or doesnt she?

My personal opinion - don't go!
You will probably set yourself back, probably start to feel hungry the few days after and eating one meal (although it may be low carb) will undoubtably be full of calories and fat (bacon and how they cook it) .... is it really worth it?

You will have lots!!!! more birthdays once of TFR and you can celebrate this birthday late - whats the harm?

But at the end of the day it is your choice and if you feel like you can go for a meal, get straight back on it and be ok with a possible bad weigh in result next week then go for it :)

LOL! I knew Tanya wouldn't let this go!! I actually agree, it's one night, and can be celebrated when you're skinny. Breaking the diet for one meal (to me) seems such a waste? I sat through funerals, weddings and quite a few birthday parties while on LT, and while it was tough, it was worth it knowing I was one week closer to goal. It seems such a waste (of effort AND money!) to 'lose' a weeks loss for one meal?

Ye know me too well Irish!

I dont mean to sound harsh but i agree with what you say too Irish - what a waste of money and effort (even if your not paying for the meal) just for one night!

I am with Irish and Tanya too. My birthday is coming up soon and I am still expecting to be on LT, so will have to give it a miss as well as Valentines Day....but I can always celebrate once I come off and I am at goal.

Just seems such a shame to come off it for one day. I would be kicking myself when I got weighed and if I have a small loss or a gain, it would set me back.

oh no,im regrettin it now. didnt have much tho.had a few spinach leaves with couple of strips of chicken an bits of bacon.it didnt seem 2 bad but will have 2 wait an see wot the scales say! my mum knows im on tfr but she doesnt think i shud be doin it an she keeps sayin its not right livin on 400 calories.i dont know if she was worried an thats why she wanted 2 take me for a meal.jus gotta wait for weigh-in now!

Seems like a out right sabotage to me!! I wouldnt have gone not only cuz im on TFR but also to prove a point to her!

Hey ho though, you've already eaten and i hope you dont struggle the next few days but be prepared to :)

Seems like a out right sabotage to me!! I wouldnt have gone not only cuz im on TFR but also to prove a point to her!
Ditto! And now that you've caved in once she'll try it again and again, so be prepared for lots of temptation! If you want to be able to do this 100% you need to make her see that you need her support or else you're wasting a lot of time, money & effort!

Hiya

I actually started LT on my birthday last year much to everyone's surprise and you do have to learn to make sacrifices for the sake of the diet if you really want it to work.

With regards to your weigh in, if your carb intake from your meal was around 50g or less then you should still be in ketosis, you'll know because if you're knocked out you'll start feeling hungry again. However I have to agree with what everyone else has said, what's done is done but you need to make it clear to everyone that from here on in there'll be no food passing your lips, unless it's a LT flapjack of course ~.^ , and if they love and care for you then they'll respect your decision.

You'll probably show a loss at WI but it won't be as much as if you hadn't eaten, but even if you do loss don't become complacent. Trust me, Ive been struggling these last 5 weeks, off and on LT, and it really does have to be all or nothing, there's no middle ground, it's just too hard if you try and mix it up.

Best of luck at weigh in, a belated happy birthday to you, and hang in there, you know we're all here to support you.

*hugs*

hi covkirst, my last time round on lipotrim i caved in and ate, id lost 2 stone aswell! and after i was like it dont matter ill just start over again tommorow.... but tommorow never come, i started eating again, and gained more weight back! and had wasted 7weeks worth of money all for one binge ! lesson learnt now though and i am definately sticking to it this time, this weekend will be hard for me but i know i can do it if its what i really want! and if you really want it to you will know next time to stamp your ground and say no to food :) good luck with your weigh in i hope it goes well x

afterall ....... there will always be an excuse as to why we should just have one bit of that chocolate, or why we will start the diet next week ..... excuses excuses - look where they ended up getting us all? :p

There really is only ever one question to ask yourself when in this dilemma "What do I want more, to eat <insert food item here> or to be slim?" Food will always be there when the diet is over. On the days I cheated LT in these past 5 weeks I wanted that food more than I wanted to be slim, simple as that and although I feel no guilt (because I knew exactly what I was doing) I'm annoyed that I lost sight of my goal so I'd say for anyone on LT always keep the end goal at the very front of your mind because THAT is the only thing that will get you through the tough times... well that and this forum obviously ~.^

There really is only ever one question to ask yourself when in this dilemma "What do I want more, to eat <insert food item here> or to be slim?" Food will always be there when the diet is over. On the days I cheated LT in these past 5 weeks I wanted that food more than I wanted to be slim, simple as that and although I feel no guilt (because I knew exactly what I was doing) I'm annoyed that I lost sight of my goal so I'd say for anyone on LT always keep the end goal at the very front of your mind because THAT is the only thing that will get you through the tough times... well that and this forum obviously ~.^
Well said, I must admit I am enjoying the forum so far. I wish I had heard or read those comments back in the days, when I was tempted on previous traditional diets.
I have a wedding coming soon myself and I'll be on LT. I will attend but won't have any food, there will be plenty more occasions after. I did ask myself what I would do etc... but frankly now I know I won't be having any food. Sure at the table no one will notice, usually everybody is too busy talking and drinking.

audy good on you, and your right... everyone will be busy talking and drinking anyway, and think how good youd feel after knowing you didnt give in to temptation, when are you planning on starting lipotrim?

audy your right, youll be able to pull it off no problem at all!...cookeh thats exactly how im looking at it now when i want food, and sometimes i pick the food but only for a second and i change my mind back to being slim.. i have a goal and i must get there and if i can do it we can all do it!x

This thread was so helpful!! It's my birthday at the end of the month and I was having a fight with myself whether to stick to the LT or break for the day. I'm def sticking with it now :)

Corkvist, don't let Mum do this to you again. Explain to her that you want to do this diet for yourself, that it is not forever, that the pharmacist is monitoring you and that nothing will deter you.
We can all find a plausible excuse to cheat but at the end of the da that is just it, an excuse.
The choice to eat is yours alone, but think before you cheat again. Even if you still show a loss this week do not let this make you think that cheating is o.k. Stay strong, you can do this.

Back