Bizarre 'pasta n sauce' Question

razzledazzle

Hiya

If I sieved a pasta n sauce so that I just had the 'powder' and then added a little water to it and 'cooked' it ..... could it be used as a syn free sauce for chicken etc!??

As they're free on a green day I figured that the 'powder' doesn't contain any syns on a EE day!?

Thanks, J x

Not all the Pasta and sauces are free Hun, so make sure you take that into account.

Also, the whole thing can be used on an EE day, so you wouldnt need to take the pasta out of it. As for being free on an ee day, then again that comes down to the flavour that you have choosen. HTH.

Thanks, I was thinking the cheese and broccoli one might be nice poured over chicken!? (I can't eat pasta very often, it doesn't really agree with me). J x

i THINK this is one of those bizarre situations where things are only free if eaten as part of a whole. Like for example beans in tomato sauce which is loaded with sugar and salt but still free on green coz the beans are good for ya!

Or meat in whatever sauce on a red day that may count as free but if the sauce was itself it would contain syns.

Might be wrong here feel free to correct me!

Guess its all kinda silly eh? but who are we to judge!

X

Yeah I know what you mean - like the lamb shanks in red wine gravy that are syn free, but if you made the gravy up yourself out of the same ingredients - you'd have to syn it!?!

Hhhmm how about blending a made up pasta n sauce then? Would we have to syn that?

Hahahahaha BLENDING ARRRGH!

Would this come under 'ground pasta used as flour substitute in cooking' as you're making a sauce from blended pasta?!

*head explodes*

I think the sensible approach is probably you could do it and not bother synning it and if you aren't doing it often it should be fine!

Other than that going around stealing all the gravy off lamb shanks so that its free would prob be taking it a little too far haha!

it does get a bit rediculous with what counts and doesn't count as syns with regards to stuff like this!

But if you wana sieve your pasta n sauce powder I say go 4 it!!

X

*imagines IckleRockChick sneaking round her local Aldi syphoning out all the gravy from the lamb shanks with her secret gravy syphoner with a swag bag on her back*

*imagines IckleRockChick sneaking round her local Aldi syphoning out all the gravy from the lamb shanks with her secret gravy syphoner with a swag bag on her back*

I do luv gravy and am still a tad upset at the lack of syn free gravy haha! So yes watch out Aldi!!

X

You'll be dragged away screaming by the bizzies screaming 'But Slimming World told me it was FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! FREEEEEEEEEEEEE I tell you!'

stupid rules about whats free and what isn't!

GAHHH x

Syn free gravy is simple to make and I do red wine gravy for 1 or 2 syns.

soy sauce
marmite
veggie oxo cube
vegtable water
(quater or half a glass of red wine)
a bit of mashed potato to thicken it- if on green

add all the stuff to a pan boil then simmer

option 2 fry onion and diced mushroom till soft then add gravy stuff.

oooh well gona try this syn free gravy! hateeeeee marmite tho will try without!!

thanks

x

oooh well gona try this syn free gravy! hateeeeee marmite tho will try without!!

thanks

x

my hubby hates it too but you can't tell its in there he hated it when I left it out.

quantities are 1/2 teaspoon of each you can do 1 teaspoon of tomato puree which works out 1/3rd of a syn. You need around half a mug of the water the veg has been cooked in.

Thanks, I was thinking the cheese and broccoli one might be nice poured over chicken!? (I can't eat pasta very often, it doesn't really agree with me). J x

try Free & Easy dairy free cheese flavour sauce instead - a serving is generally syn free when made up with water!

Free and Easy Cheese sauce says it's 1.5 syns for 100ml made up as per instructions in my Slimming World bible. I bought some, and it's like very slightly cheesy watery wallpaper paste.

Bachelors is much nicer.

Back