Black tea eww!

Pingu6

Gold Member
I want to eliminate the splash of milk in my tea and coffees but have never had black tea or coffee and tbh can't stomach it. Anyone found an alternative? I will miss my milky teas :(

I really enjoy rooibos & vanilla tea black (dragonfly as tetley is rank), expensive but worth it. I also like most other herbals black too, I don't like normal tea black.

I tried for a while to have it black but hated it. So now add a splash of skimmed, don't think it'll affect losses and makes it more bearable.

If I'm having tea alongside a shake, with the exception of choc, I put a spoonful in my tea. Tastes ok but I think it would be strange if I had it alone, I think.

I have Assam and Ceylon teas - simply because they aren't meant to have milk in them. It makes me sad though. When I did Lighterlife, I found my teeth were very stained at the end of the diet and had pretty much given up drinking it.

I worry about the teeth staining too. :-/ gonna be a hard habit to break tho.
Adding a lil vanilla shake could work!
Thx for all ur tips guys x

I agree with the ewww sentiment lol

That was the one thing I just couldn't do when I started Exante. I now put a dash of skimmed in as opposed to my large dollop of semi skimmed in and it works fine.

I checked with Exante who said it was fine to do so :)

I've been adding vanilla shake to my rooibos too, good to know about the skimmed milk option.

I buy soya milk from Lidl, it has lower calories than Skimmed milk, and has next to no carbs in it! Couldnt do this without my cups of tea

I'm with Divster. I have unsweetened soya milk and whilst it doesn't taste exactly like milk it's a very good alternative. There are also only 0.1g carbs and nil sugars per 100mls. I'm on day 3 and took a sneak peak this morning and have lost 6lbs so far so obviously not affecting losses :D

Ooops just read Starlights reminder about not mentioning cheats.I hope my post hasn't breached that. Sorry if it has :eek:

I have this problem with coffee and save the last dribbles of my shake for 'whitening' a cup of coffee later. There isn't enough to flavour the coffee but it looks right so psychologically I'm happy. I am only using a level spoon of coffee powder.

I am going to start drinking green tea with jasmine, which I find quite refreshing :) Twinings make it.

Although, I am not sure the first cup of the day could be anything but strong tea with a dash of skimmed, for me :eek:

Back