Total Solution Blender for making the shakes.

handbag-annie

Silver Member
Hello! Just wanted to share a yummy discovery.............

Been in TS since January. Our old mixer/blender broke just before Christmas, so I was just making up the shakes using a small whisk or in a shaker cup. However read on here somewhere that an electric blender makes them really creamy and with ice, they taste like a McDonald's milk shake. Well, reading that was enough incentive for me to buy a blender last week - wow!!!

Made the strawberry shake with water and handful of ice cubes. Came out mega frothy and there was masses of it. Was exactly like a McDonalds milkshake in consistency, just not as sweet - delish. Done the shame with the chocolate shake and added a sweetener. Need a spoon to eat them with as canny suck through a straw!

:). x

How much water do you add to them with the ice cubes?

Becka, didn't measure the water - been at this so long I just judge by eye! Think it was under 200ml and a handful of ice cubes. X

Becka, didn't measure the water - been at this so long I just judge by eye! Think it was under 200ml and a handful of ice cubes. X

Really!? I did LL for 18 weeks in 2009 and even in week 18 I was measuring out the water!! :giggle:

I'll give it ago - do you think a hand blender will get through the ice cubes?

I totally LOVE this! Personally discovered it by accident last week with my banana shake!
Just bought an even better blender as a blew up our cheapie one and now it's like ice cream heaven!
Perfect of an evening watching tv, feels like a right indulgence ;)
Though I do think it's best to buy a blender that specifically says it can blend ice other wise you'll blow one up like I did by over loading!

I put about 8-14 ice cubes in with 60ml ish water and shake packet! Perfect :D

I agree with Niennor, you might be better with a blender that can crush ice.

I bought the Kenwood Smoothie 2 Go. It is nice and compact and sits in a corner. It comes with two jugs/mugs and you can drink straight out of them so cuts down n the washing up!

Dreaming about breakfast already. Going to try the banana one after your recommendation Niennnor! X

The Kenwood Smoothie 2 Go is amazing! Mine comes out like a mcflurry, I love it! I have to buy a new one though as I think I overused mine ;-) lol xx

I did mine this morning in my vitamix, it turned 3/4 pint of milkshake into 1 + 1/2 pints lol!! Took me ages to drink it- such a great idea! :D

Back