BLENDER / MIXER

mechmanuk

johnboy
Can anyone recommend a good all round mixer that will whisk up skimmed milk into cream.
i know theres one called the bammix @ ideal world but at £150 its a little expensive for my liking.
Theres one call the thunderstick mixer @ around £40 (much better) but i cant find anywhere to buy one.
Would be helpful if anyone can come up with some advise cheers.

Have you tried 'Lakeland'.....they had a good selection of kitchen utensils and appliances on their web site.

im led to believe the bammix is the only one out there that can turn the milk into cream?
No joy at lakelands thanks anyways donnie

I have foung this recipe for making skimmed milk, maybe you would like to give it a try and if it works you wouldnt have to buy a new whisk,

it is an american recipe hence the cup measures and you would have to subsitute sweetner instead of sugar

WHIPPED CREAM FROM SKIM MILK
1/4 c. skim milk
1/2 tsp. unflavored gelatin
1/4 c. cold water
2/3 c. nonfat dry milk
2 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
Pour milk into a metal mixing bowl. Place into freezer along with beaters. Let stand until milk becomes slushy, 30 to 45 minutes. In saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water and let stand 3 minutes or until gelatin is softened. Place over low heat and cook until gelatin dissolves. Cool. Remove skim milk and beaters from freezer. Add gelatin and remaining ingredients. Beat at high speed until it forms soft peaks. Cover bowl and chill at least 20 minutes before serving.

thanks for the recipe but tbh im a fella and it kinda too much faffing about for me, much easier to whist in a jug for a few seconds lol sos.

Back