Blergh! - FatFairNForty(ish) - my diary

Weds 22nd August - Cold, docs, kids and tiredness!

Wednesday August 22nd 2007

Woke up with a rotten headcold and feeling dire! Really de-motivated and feeling pants! (well,not actually FEELING pants… well, you know what I mean…) All feverish and shivery and achy and convinced I was coming down with some nasty lurgy – but more likely just a sniffly nuisance (bit like a neighbours 3 yr old!)

The morning passed relatively quickly as I pottered around in my bedroom and sorted out my bureau (when my friend stayed at the weekend I couldn’t help but register the disgusted look on her face when she saw the state of it!) and I have been meaning to do it… so.. now ‘tis done and I can close it! Lol All my lovely earrings etc are neatly stashed away too… it’s a good feeling this ‘neat-freak’ thing!

A couple of texts passed twixt Blueeyes and me and at lunchtime (ish) he rang… we spent an hour on the phone going over things.. the past week, how things had changed, why, his behaviour, my behaviour, why I’ve been a stroppy mare, why he was like a dog on heat, miscommunication, ground rules… etc etc etc… the upshot was, see how it goes, a day at a time, no plans beyond a few days at a time (if even that much!)…he’ll behave and I’ll be nice.. lol Ground rules firmly concreted into place and both much happier for it and looking forward to Friday evening.

Head cold pretty ropey in the afternoon but still can’t sit still for long so cleared out one of the cupboards in the utility room and discovered a whole load of long-since-forgotten camping equipment plus a veritable wealth of carrier bags!! (Great – I use them as ‘poo’ bags when walking the mutt (which I haven’t done in days!! Eek! MUST get back into THAT daily habit as soon as feel up to it….)

Once the cupboard was done I headed back upstairs and pulled another couple of bits of clothing out of my wardrobe as I realised that really, size 22 on a size 14 bod just doesn’t really sit right any more… old habits die hard tho’

4.30pm and it was time for the Dr – the nurse said she wanted me to get checked out with him as my heart rate is low … I wasn’t unduly bothered and am happy to report, neither was he! :) All seems tickety boo on the old ticker front… whilst there the conversation, naturally, turned to the ever-hoped-for ops… he has chosen which pics to send off and now I’ve reached the magic number he’s all set to go for it again for me… I confided in him how distressing I actually find it to see myself naked.. and, well… I’m not going into details here, but there are some toilet matters that all this excess skin make a tad awkward!! He noted it all down and said he would do what he could. He’s lovely and we are both hopeful that I will get a positive response… he told me he wants me to start eating now as he feels that the weight I am at (given the excess skin) is low enough for me and that maintenance should begin.

Ailsa and I agreed another 5lbs or so, so all in all, yeah, maintenance is definitely looming large on the horizon! I’ve been reading my little yellow book all about it… AAM, then 790…. I’ve been AAM really for a while now… so will ask Ailsa if she thinks 790 would be wise from Tuesday on… we shall see what the scales have to say, although (and I know, I know… I nag the bejayzus out of everyone for scale-hopping) mine are showing a loss this week thus far… so… if very careful over the weekend (out for dinner Friday, BBQ Sat, at Sis’s (Ssing there!) Sun, and Notting Hill Monday… ) should be ok I reckon. TOTM due too (well, according to my diary – but then… I’m the author so it could be in another fortnight!! Lol

Felt a bit happier having been to Dr and got all clear and knowing letters are going out.. time to take Zoë back to Hatfield yet again…

I love the drive with her as the pair of us natter all the way , the only thing is, it goes really quickly… just as we were about to leave she decided to try starting her car… the alarm did a dying swan act and wailed pathetically as the battery was flat… so… we had to leave the key in ignition, lock door with spare and make a note for me to charge it up tomorrow!! Grrr… as if my list isn’t long enough already! Oh well…

We were having such a great girly sing-a-long and chat that I completely missed the turn off and we did about a 5 mile detour! Lol Journey home was hard, tiredness and cold finally catching up with me and eyes feeling very stinging and sore… put on some loud music and sang and snuffled my way home.

As you know, I got a call on the way from my other daughter…and… 3 hours after getting home I finally crawled into bed… a most grumpy git!! Lol

Ah the joys of being a parent ;) (truth be told – I wouldn’t have it any other way…)

Thursday 23rd Aug - DIY, date, food, and avon!

Thursday August 23rd

Despite lack of sleep I was awake fairly early and whilst still full of cold and feeling achy, I had a major urge to do some DIY! So… with my 25p off-cut of MDF from B&Q I set about sorting out the fuse box surround problem… hard to describe... but.. Fuse box in internal wall, wall a mess around it and basically a glaring hole all round it where you can see the breeze- blocks and the mountings etc… so… I came up with a cunning plan!

I decided to try and make a ‘frame’ around the fuse box... so... measured it all up and drew lots of pencil marks and worked out how to get the right size home in the centre of the mdf, got out my Jig-saw, Sander and Drill! I haven’t got a work bench (ex took it) so I dragged my sun lounger down beside external power point and set to it! Lol Hurrah for Handy Andy as I’d remembered how I needed to drill a hole to be able to put the Jig-saw in! Anyway, I had a few struggles with the blade falling out quite a lot but once I sussed out how to fix it in properly, things went great! I got the hole cut out, sanding it all down, and finally – after lots of adjustments and trotting in and out of the house, it was the right size! :D

I am so proud of myself – lol, I know it’s daft, it’s only a piece of wood with a hole, BUT, I did it... Lol I then pushed it into place and was incredulous that it fitted!! I didn’t even need the tube of ‘No Nails Super-Duper-Duper strength’ to fix it to the wall. Then I uncovered the tub of paint and after a major stirring session I painted it and voila!! Job’s a good ‘un!! Lol

I can’t believe the difference it’s made to the appearance of the wall and has given me renewed motivation to get on and sort out the rest of the room properly. BUT, before then I have to bring down the downstairs loft contents for car booting! (That’s another job for the ever growing list – lol).

Once it was all done (I touched up the scuff marks on the walls too). I got the tools tidied up and as I was putting them back in the shed I dropped a cupboard (flat pack) on my foot and cut myself! Didn’t half hurt!! Was worth it all though – first thing I see when I walk in the door – hee hee… my bit of DIY! Lol

Next on the list was sorting out more stuff in my room – videos this time – quick scan of them, kept only 3 and put the rest in the Car Boot bag now overflowing with my unwanted tat! Threw out the tapes I knew were stretched and unusable (why on earth didn’t I throw them away before!??)… hmm… think perhaps some of these things are indicative of my former emotional self…

Next job was charging the flipping car battery – so, outside, spanner at the ready (thankfully had kept the right sized spanner out for such emergencies! Lol – all that Brownie and Girl Guide ‘Be Prepared’ stuff must have stuck!) … one of my neighbours was outside cleaning his car and we had a lovely chat about life and the universe.. lol.. and holidays, and the past (my ex) and he told me how his workmates don’t believe I am the same person… they think I’ve moved out and someone else has moved in! LMAO

Why are car batteries SO heavy???? So, that was crossed off the list – as it charges up in the utility room… I think the car will go into shock as I’m going to drive it a bit over the weekend and possibly on Saturday afternoon to the BBQ… (will tell you about that in a sec..).

Checking my list and it was Sarah’s urgent parcel next…How great is life at times for placing the right people in it!? My mate’s ex is a courier and he agreed to collect and send Sarah’s emergency parcel for me – so… I got an old box and parceled it all up and off it went! Sarah works in a pasty shop and I told her to be sure to give the delivery driver a free pasty as a thank you! Lol I put a tenner and a note in for her too… wish I could afford more but I know she’ll appreciate the thought.

Throughout the day there were texts and calls from Blueeyes and then he suggested popping ‘round for a couple of hours after work. I ummed and ahhed and in the end agreed but that it would have to be strictly a couple of hours as my list was growing and we were, after all, seeing one another on Friday.

Still avoiding the mountain of work brought home, I started to clean out the fridge! Ended up pouring away half a pint of double cream (legacy from Zoë’s truffle making) some celery and a few rubbery carrots.. (one day I shall get to grips with only buying in what food is really needed rather than having to chuck it away!!). Odd isn’t it? I don’t recall my mum having to throw food away from our fridge… how come our elders seem to have had an inherent ability to not waste? I wonder if it’s the whole war and rationing thing that their parents were acutely aware of… OMG , that;s reminded me of an ‘incident’ from the dim and distant… hee hee hee

I know it’s off on a tangent., BUT… years ago we all went to visit my then in-laws. (2nd ex-hubbies parents) and whilst there, one morning she(his mother) [his mother – said whilst doing an ‘if-I-were-a-Catholic-I’d cross-myself’ action] told us we were to have egg for tea (note singular) and how many slices of bread and butter each? Now please, there’s frugal, and there’s frugal! We duly requested an egg each and just said to do lots of bread and butter (this always led to a very amusing state for his mum as she got all of a to-do because we wouldn’t actually stipulate precisely an amount!) :giggle:

Sitting down for tea that evening (having in the previous half an hour taken the kids to our favourite sea-front café for a special grill ‘coz we knew what lay ahead!) we were presented with our eggs and bread & butter. Zoë, bless her heart, hates boiled eggs and even though we tried to explain this to Mrs Thrifty, she (Zoë) did her level best to eat some of hers. In the end she left most of it (yes, we only ordered the 1 for her) and, as we cleared the table we could hear the dulcet tones of Fanny Frugal wafting in from the kitchen… “Ooh good job I checked, look at this! There’s almost an entire egg left here! You can have that mashed up in a sandwich for your lunch tomorrow!” Trying to stifle 2 giggling teenagers is not an easy task!! Poor chap DID have it for his lunch the next day!! Sorry – but we have never forgotten that meal and it still makes me chuckle… lol

OK, so , fridge cleared and I set to weighing out the ingredients for my baking session planned for Friday. The motorbike club are hosting a charity event to raise funds for the air ambulance (a truly worthy cause – in fact, only 3 weeks ago they rescued one of my colleagues wives from the scene of an horrific car crash!)… and I promised to bake for them to sell Bank Holiday Monday. I still had lots of the basics and had been to the Co-Op for some more of that luscious Betty Crocker fudge filling stuff. So.. that only took a few mins to do and I left it out for the morning.

Blueeyes arrived and it was November 5th all over again! We hadn’t seen each other for just a couple of days and it was like it had been a month! Bizarre, but nice and we did stick to the agreed couple of hours, both looking forward to our planned meal and dvd evening Friday. He was suitably impressed with my DIY (which I , of course, pointed out to him as soon as I greeted him at the front door! Lmao).

After he left I lit a disposable BBQ, made some veggie kebabs, had a browse on ebay for a sofabed (for my spare front room) and dealt with some emails.

Pc was playing up a bit, in fact, ever since I downloaded that poxy programme for Sarah, I keep getting the ‘blue-screen-of-death’ and the whole thing freezing up on me! MOST frustrating – especially when pre-menstrual, tired and in work-avoidance mode!! (sometimes I wish it was Christmas so I could say Bah-Humbug!!)

Had my kebabs (very wasteful using a whole disposable BBQ for one person but what the heck! Lol), cleared up and trundled off to bed…took the new Avon book with me (and my ever entertaining Hindi Bindi Club) and settled down for a peruse.

I don’t know about anyone else, but I am a great ‘catalogue-browser’. I love the things. Avon, Stowes of Chelsea, Netto… lol… any kind of catalogue will do. I don’t order things (except from Avon) but I do love thumbing through them before they are consigned to the recycle box! (especially love the ones they cram into the Sunday Supplements! Dead posh – all whitewashed wood and seagrass baskets and absolutely gorgeous bedding that once on the bed never looks like the pic again and is impossible to iron!) There’s something oddly soporific about day dreaming about having a) the money and b) the appropriate mansion house with furnishings to actually purchase something! Lol Plumped (great word that as not in the least bit sizeist!) for some deliciously fruity sounding hair treatment which was on special. I like to try new things and as it was only 80p felt even I could stretch to that for the old follicles to be spoilt. Papya & kiwi fruit it is… sounded like if I don’t want to shove it on my barnet I might like to take a teaspoon in the bathroom with me! ;)

Didn’t quite get the early night I had planned but felt the day’s achievements more than warranted another late retirement. lol

Paul soon got me off to sleep and dreams of all sorts of things wafted in my barely inactive grey cells… (did I mention that I dream in full technicolour, sound and smell!!)… shan’t share the dreams… some are dull as dishwater but others are well, let’s say, they wouldn’t go amiss on late night channel 4 and others still are so off the feckin wall I think there would be a padded cell with me name on it if I were to divulge!!

Friday 24th Aug - all going Pete Tong!!

Friday 24th August 2007

Shocked it’s Friday already! (Dunno why so shocked as it always does follow Thursdays!).. woke(at 6 frickin am!!!) feeling a bit groggy and snotty still and not a great deal of sleep but as I wake without an alarm I figure I must have had enough kip! (Jennie-logic!)

HUGE list of ‘to-dos’ so got stuck right in and wrote a letter to the family from Colchester whose photos I took on hols back in 2004 in Fuerteventura! Whilst sorting through a cupboard I came across the pics and in my bureau I found my old Thomson Hols travel ticket that I’d scribbled their address on!! I googled them on www.192.com to check if they were still at the same address first. Letter written, pic bubble wrapped and all sealed up ready for the offski! Job 1 crossed off list! Job 2 was to do same for a very special girlfriend whose birthday, I am ashamed to admit, I forgot! So, did that too :) Cakes next – baked about 120 then stopped, lol. It was almost time to head into town and do my non-house jobs! I quickly loaded a heap of pics onto a cd (need them printing out for my photo wall and for me nana) and put them with my post.

Ahead of schedule (I’m such a list-maker that I had timings jotted down by list as I knew I had to do more than usual and time-management is - when I choose to put it into practice - something I am very good at!) I quickly vac’d upstairs then the stairs and the living room.. dog seems to be shedding loads of hair at the moment! Then it was into car with list of jobs to do whilst out!

Whizzed through the list in record time, particularly enjoy my weekly Friday morning trip to our market – teeny market (6 stalls) but lovely people. Had my weekly fix of flattery from the ever-lecherous butcher… lmao.. and my ‘treat’ of 4 pick’n’mix chocs. (thinking I might knock this habit on the head as it seems to set my head into almost a ‘feckit-it’s-the-weekend’ mode!) got more veggies for planned kebabs (can you get addicted to mushrooms and courgettes!!??) lol.. and made pleasant small talk with all the stall holders.. really friendly bunch and I like that! Nipped over to buy the dog a pigs trotter (revolting things!) at the hardware shop, more pleasantries with the lady in there… and a 2 sec dash to see me beauty lady to double check next de-furring session! Not sure if it’s just me, but I do seem to have more rapid ‘growth’ of late! Perhaps it’s coz I’m eating a bit nowadays… will ask Ailsa about the science bits! Probably something to do with ketosis, calories, chicken and veggie kebabs.. lol The lady in the newsagents’ loves me! Lol I’m sure of it! She always had a glazed expression when I present her with a cd of photos! Lol Maybe she’s recalling the 600 I had her print of my hols one year….and how, during the processing procedures, her machine had a hissy fit and was out of action for 3 weeks after! Lol I have tried my level best not to take in more than 50 at any given time since… even though she tried (not very hard) to tell me that she loves processing my photos in large numbers! Lmao Bless!!

Co-op was nice and empty and I got the cake decorating bits and bobs there – bagged a major bargain whilst there though! As I was going through the till I spotted a sign that said ‘5 chairs for £20’. I did a double take and asked if they were having a bubbly! (bubbly-bath = laugh) Nope – it turns out they were 5 of a set of 6 and the table had a crack and they wanted shot of them! Well, say n’more! In the car they still remain! Lol 5 fabulous garden chairs which won’t rot or rust and will last for years! So.. when I have any soirees (sp) I shall have loads of botty-resting places for me guests! Result!! :D

Home once more and back into the list… Blueeyes had suggested I might like to play my cds through the dvd player (as my cd player is knacked) and I tried it – WOW… fabulous!!!!! Love it! Lol I can now play my cds so I can hear them anywhere in the house (as long as vol is right up!) and I was a very happy bunny – made mental note to thank Blueeyes later in evening… genius! Lol

Time to decorate the cakes! Next few hours (well, fairy cakes are fiddly!) and 100+ done and set out on trays, covered and put out of reach of animals!...I was beginning to flag a tad… however, the sun was out and you know me – see sun want sun!! Changed into cozzie and sarong and sat out for a while… only a few minutes as I could see that the dog had ‘buried’ the trotter (yuck!) in his bed in the kitchen and his bedding (25yr old sleeping bag with beggared up zip = perfect dog bedding!) looked real manky… so shoved that in the wash… lol.. this meant I had to clean the bed and vac the kitchen/dining area as the amount of dust and fur etc was revolting! That all done I remembered I had to contact the kennels and double check times for Sunday’s drop off and Tuesday’s pick up… I do love the dog but I hate how it costs me now if I want to go away for a night or two… still… after Sept I don’t have any time away so that’s ok..

Made some other calls (including my mother) and realised time was ticking so off to prepare and beautify (lmao) meself for the evening! Had a wicked bubble bath – read my Hindi Bindi book whilst soaking up the radox (I have a selection of their range – all bought whilst on special of course! Lol) and went for the pink one.. I think its supposed to moisturize and relax all at the same time.. I chose it coz I like the colour… lmao

Blueeyes arrived promptly and unloaded 2 huge bags of coat hangers and a clothing rail from his car! He thought I could make use of them when I do my car boot as I haven’t put clothes on ebay yet! Brilliant! I was chuffed to bits! Off we went to the pub for our meal… what a lovely dinner… we took our time, held hands, ate, drank diet coke.. lol.. absorbed one anothers looks… perfect! The only negative was that he made a few cruel comments about some large people and made some pretty cutting remarks about my former size. I don’t like that and am fiercely protective of those with any form of weight problem. I told him so too. Oh, I forgot to say… he had mentioned on Thursday that he had bought some new after-shave and told me it’s name (Diesel I think) and I remarked that Joop was a fave of mine.. guess what aftershave he had on on Friday… (no prizes)… yep… Joop I love the stuff (gets the old cogs a turning and the flames a flickering if you get my drift!!). So, whilst a tad perturbed, I enjoyed the aroma! Lol

Meal over and we headed back to my place and dvd time. I was amazed that he had rented a copy of the film ‘The Number 23’. This is the Jim Carey film I had seen all but the last 10 minutes of on the plane coming back from Tobago… (which I had also mentioned in one of our previous dates). So.. we settled down on the sofa and I knew the film was going to be fab. It was – sort of – the dvd was dodgy… scratches etc and kept stalling… very frustrating as he couldn’t follow the plot, and I just got agitated as I couldn’t bear the prospect of missing the end of it a second time! Lol

It turns out I had literally missed the final 5 minutes on the flight.. lol.. but boy am I glad he hired it as I got to see it this time.

I was exhausted by now, it was 11pm and I’d not felt all that well and had (as always) crammed a lot into my day. He asked if I would like him to go and I smiled gratefully and said yes. Up to now the evening had been absolutely perfect (apart from my feeling that he was having a snoop when my mate called round and I was answering the door).. and I was glad that he had picked up how tired I was and he was going.

Well, then it all went wrong. Having said he was going, and my getting the dvd out of machine etc… he did the dog on heat trick again. I was NOT impressed. He said he would really like to stay, not to make love, just sleep with me. I told him, repeatedly, that I wanted him to leave and I wanted to go to bed ALONE. (Apart from anything else, TOTM was imminent and I was REALLY tired and I seriously needed sleep!!!) He persisted and said he just wanted to be close to me and would really like to stay.

I began to get cross now, as, yet again, he wasn’t listening to me. I blew out all the candle, put the lights on, let the dog in the garden, gathered his things (keys, phone, wallet and dvd) together and almost man-handled him out the door.

He went to the car and came back again with a bag in his hand. He had bought me MORE clothes!!!!! I told him that I had already said to him NO MORE CLOTHES… he gave me the bag and told me if I really didn’t want it he would take it back. I KNOW I should have not even looked, but this is ME we’re talking about, and I adore clothes (bigger weakness than cake now!!) so I looked… OMG it was my t-shirt that I wanted to buy t’other day but decided not to get as it was a tenner! Now, don’t shoot me please, but I told him I would accept it but there had to be NO MORE!! He promised (again). Started the old dog on heat routine again on the doorstep… which peed me off as I have the distinct impression the t-shirt was (in his mind at least) his trump card! Lol Tough!! I pulled away and said, call me on my house phone when you get home so I know you got back ok. I’m off to bed. Said I’d see him Wednesday and bye!

He left.

Perhaps somewhat tellingly – I felt a surge of relief. Alone again in my home. It felt very good. Don’t get me wrong… up to then I had so enjoyed being with him. It was just the end that screwed it all up for me. I wish he had just said ‘ok, see you Wednesday’, given me a kiss and left… but he hadn’t and this wasn’t the first time… *sigh

When he’d gone I texted Sarah to let her know (she had texted me earlier to ask for a call and we agreed that I would let her know when it was a good time). She rang me and I asked her to ring the mobile as Blueeyes was going to call the house phone when he got in. Sarah and I talked for ages… no call from Blueeyes… so I said goodnight to her and rang him.

He was really umpy… said he was very sorry for his behaviour (this is beginning to sound like a scratched record to me… it follows every single date bar one!) and said he had tried to call but phone was engaged. I told him the house phone hadn’t rung at all! He said he’d been calling mobile and wanted to know who I’d been talking to. I told him and then I got cross when he started muttering about … ‘I thought you were, oh well, it doesn’t matter… I just wanted to sleep with you, be close to you… nothing else…’ it was a repeat of his departure earlier! He inferred that he thought I was ‘seeing’ someone else.. and that he felt insecure … at this point I was beginning to lose it… so I simply said I was going to end the conversation as I was very tired, I’d had a lovely evening and thank you for the t-shirt. Again he said he’d just not wanted the evening to end. I sighed and said, it had to end at some point and that was the point when I said I wanted him to go as I was tired! THAT was when the evening ended (or should have). We agreed to talk the following day. I wasn’t happy. I went to bed in a very contemplative state. Even Paul wasn’t much use ! lol

Sleep evaded me as I had major stomach cramps and an upset tummy all through the night… revenge for having half a fecking battered onion ring and 2 breaded mushrooms??? (Or perhaps the chicken skewers weren’t fully cooked?) Whatever… it was a rough night punctuated with lots of thinking!

Saturday - it all hit the fan!!!! (sorry - VERY long post!)

Saturday 25th August

Yet again an early wake up – despite the broken night! What IS going on! Lol So – up and at ‘em! First thing I did was clear off the top of my wardrobes and put aside stuff for car boot sale… had a mooch through the 2 boxes of presents stashed there too (I buy Christmas/birthday gifts as and when I see something I think someone I love would like to receive :) It makes Christmas more bearable financially! Lol

Then I moved my attentions to the over-stairs cupboard – oh my word… I know have a whole box full of videos ready to car boot at 50p a time! Lol

I came downstairs to see if pc was going to behave any better – nope! GRRRR! Took vac upstairs and cleared up remnants of pigs trotter (yukk, note to self – DON’T buy another one!).

Rooted out a couple of my gifts for the Motorbike club charity auction on Monday.. nice things. John Lewis Roulette set and some really nice candles (dead posh!) lol. Took them downstairs to make sure they were taken with the cakes. Vac back downstairs and decided to vac kitchen again and generally clean up. (Not much mess mind you – I hate leaving a messy kitchen). TOTM arrived with a vengeance. Good! Hopefully it will help the weight loss a bit this week as I ate Thursday and Friday and there was a BBQ to go to yet plus the weekend with my sis!

The sun was out too! (Oh I love the sun!) So… more washing to be done! Lol Towels this time… I hate washing towels as they send my washing machine into a major epileptic fit which I’m sure would measure very highly on the Richter Scale! Those done and on the line, me showered and ready to face the days challenges, dog sunbathing, cat curled up on boxes in study, Jazz love songs cd playing on the telly.. pint of sugar free appleade and choc mint muffin to hand… what bliss!!

The lads came to get the cakes and prizes nice and early so I made a batch of marinade and threw in some veg and another bowl full of chicken in the same marinade, kebab skewers soaking in water and I was half way ready to go to BBQ later in afternoon. PC still not happy so did a clean up thingy doo-dah on it. I guess time will tell if it works!

Couldn’t help but think about Blueeyes and how he had behaved. Got a text from him apologizing and saying he wouldn’t do it again (still have the original of that from last week!) and that he hoped he hadn’t blown it (see previous comment!)… and the he was afraid he was going to get very hurt!! Now, I’m sorry, but, is that not a form of pressure?? I mean, am I supposed to see someone just because if I don’t they will be hurt???? I wasn’t happy. Texted him back saying I’d had a lovely evening with him but felt it had ended badly and that we should discuss it.

He rang me. We had almost to the word, precisely the same conversation that we’d had before… I wasn’t harsh though, I had been lovely with him, I thought we’d moved on and got beyond his behaviour (and my reactions) of last week… not the case, it was the same thing all over again. More promises and apologies, heartfelt and sincerely meant I am sure. I had a very uncomfortable feeling about it all though. He yet again said that he hadn’t wanted last night to end.. but I told him it had to and that it had reached a very natural and lovely conclusion and then he did what he did!! AGAIN!!! He said he knew and he was sorry. He said all the same things as before… ‘I screwed up’ ‘I’m pressuring you’, ‘I’ve made a mistake, I will learn from it’… well, sorry, but at 48 he should know how to behave and , when it was made clear to him from the off that pressure wouldn’t be tolerated and wasn’t welcomed, he should have listened. I so wish he had. (Listened).

It was a difficult conversation but ended without any form of conclusion other than that he was insecure and afraid of being hurt (no pressure there then eh!!!??) . I ended the conversation as he was at work and I had things to do. Said we’d talk again later.

I got on with things, had a shower and washed my hair and started to get ready for the BBQ my friends in Langford (near Biggleswade) were having. I wasn’t really in the mood to go but figured that as I had already promised (and I am a woman of my word) and I had the food almost ready… I would make the effort as once there I knew I would enjoy. Plus, the sun was out! Lol

I came across a card that had been handed to me in the street the other weekend, it was about P.A.D.I courses.. now.. this is NOT how to be an person of oirish descent :giggle:
It’s a scuba diving course which enables you to dive anywhere in the world (to a certain depth) and would mean that next summer I could go diving on hols with mum! I rang the number and had a lovely chat with a very very helpful young lady… the upshot being… I am going to start my training mid-october! How cool is that!! Lol

I reckon by then I should be able to afford it and it is, if you like, my ‘reward’ to myself for losing the weight! :) I am very excited at the prospect of it all and of having an Open Water diving qualification and getting back into a wet suit! Lol Very exciting!

Quick trip to petrol station and I bought a replacement coolbag (remember the one that split when I saw Browneyes?) for less than £3!! M& S one – huge thing, got the kebabs in it and a box of cans of Coke Zero (Lordy I wish I could kick the coke habit again!! Lol Perhaps next week…) Wonder if that’s why I’m not sleeping for as long… all that caffeine!! Hmm… could be… anyway… off to the BBQ went I… had a text from Blueeyes… telling me he was afraid he’d screwed up, that he was a really nice man and a good catch, not many like him these days… sorry for his behaviour… etc etc etc… I fired one back saying he didn’t have a monopoly on nice and fear of being hurt! I wasn’t harsh, just honest. Told him I would call when on way home from BBQ.

BBQ was ace! Only 7 of us there and it was lovely – very very relaxing… I cooked my food, had a lovely afternoon in the sunshine… got interrogated about Blueeyes (he was originally supposed to come with me but – thankfully – he was working). I found myself telling them all about him and the events of the last 2 weeks… how I felt about it all… without exception they told me they didn’t think my heart was in it and that he sounded a bit too much and in some ways a bit controlling (emotional blackmail, clothes, pressure etc). They only verbalized all my fears and feelings to be honest. I felt quite sad.

As I left I knew what I had to do, and not because of my friends comments, but because in my heart of hearts I know it is the right thing to do for the both of us. So, I called him, I wanted to meet him and let him down gently and face to face – I think that is the best and most honest and decent way to be. It was a difficult call to make but I made it. I waited until I knew he had finished work too… I told him we needed to meet and talk. He guessed why and asked me if it was open to negotiation and that he was really sorry about his behaviour and knew he had co*ked up. I told him no, it wasn’t open for negotiation but that I felt it was essential to talk face to face and that he would understand why when we met. He pushed and pushed on the phone so in the end I said that if he wanted me to do it over the phone I would but that it wasn’t how I felt it should be and that I think face to face communication is far clearer, leaves nothing misunderstood and is the grown up and decent and honest way to do things but if he didn’t want to then that was fine and we could have the conversation right then ( I was driving and had handsfree on). He backed down and said no, he’d like to meet (I knew he would)… so we agreed to meet at 8.30 and I went straight there to a pub halfway between our homes.

I got there early and he rang to ask how far I’d got. I told him I was already there and he asked me to get the drinks in, which of course I had intended to do, but agreed and said I would find us a table outside somewhere quiet.

I saw him pull into the car park. He joined me at the table and we had an awkward hug and greeting kiss (where he tried to shove his tongue in me mouth! – persistent or what!!). He was wearing Joop again, and another nice shirt. Don’t get me wrong, he has style, smells good and the most engaging eyes… but there is this whole smothering business and not listening and pushing to the edge thing going on too… if it was just lust then fine and dandy, I could cope with that, but it isn’t… it’s so much more… I think it’s about control - in a very subtle, possibly sub-conscious way too.

We sat opposite one another and the conversation began.. I told him that I wasn’t ready for the kind of relationship he wanted and was so clearly willing and able to give. That I believed the timing was all wrong for ‘us’ and that I couldn’t handle the pressure. He told me that this was the 3rd time recently that he had heard this said to him! I was stunned… I said that maybe he should reflect on that and why 3 women, all independent of one another, had said the same thing… I said there were a number of possibilities, one of which could be that all the women on the dating site are not ready for a relationship and shouldn’t be on there (although I have to say, I think that isn’t the case and I think that all 3 of us had the same experience of smothering etc…)… we didn’t venture what the other options were. I didn’t want him to feel bad about himself as he was already crying like a baby by now… I felt sorry for him… he told me that he knew he was going to end up being really hurt… so I asked him if he felt that it was right and fair to continue seeing someone just because you didn’t want to hurt them? And how much more it would hurt further down the line? I asked him if he realised it was emotional pressure to tell someone that so early on in any relationship and that he really need to get a handle on the fact that we’ve only been seeing each other for a fortnight. He looked at his watch and kept saying… ‘this time 2 weeks ago…’. I just sighed. He hadn’t a clue about what I was trying to say to him.

It was very difficult, I told him I didn’t want him to beat himself up over it (he was sniffling into his hankie at this point)… and that it wasn’t him, it was me… (I hate that line, but oh my goodness I was glad of it!)… I had been clear from the start that I didn’t want long-term, live-in etc etc etc… I had told him from the off that I didn’t know what I wanted other than to date and go out and have some fun, which, quite frankly, we had done until he did the persistent pushy bit!!! I told him he was a very very special man and really really lovely and that another time it might be different and that there was a time in my life where I would have cut off my arms to have the kind of attention and relationship he had to offer, but not any more. I didn’t like to say – because I’m actually NOT desperate really that fussed right now!

I was really nice and very gentle and self-deprecating… and he still didn’t get it… he wants to be friends , I told him I didn’t think we could be just friends. (In my head I was thinking about me and S and how that feels and how hard it is for me and to be honest, I don’t want him to experience that…and trust me, I’m not being arrogant, but he WOULD!). He once again said he was sorry and would change and that he knew he had screwed up etc etc and could I please give him another chance.. I said no. That I was doing the best thing for both of us, even though it didn’t feel that way. I told him that we couldn’t see one another again and if he wanted the clothes back I would give them to him as I didn’t want him to feel he had been used in any way whatsoever. I offered to pay for them… I offered him back the clothes rail… he declined all the offers and said he had given me those gifts because he wanted to. So I repeated that I didn’t want him to ever feel I had used him because I hadn’t. He said he knew that.

He was still crying and I felt so bad, but I had to do it. You can’t stay with someone because they make you feel guilty… we finished our drinks and he said he would walk me to the car. He had (not surprisingly) parked next to me… there were dozens of spaces.

We stood at the car and he said he would have liked to have met my girls… I told him that we had only known each other 2 weeks and that meeting family was so far in the distance in any relationship that it wasn’t even a dot on the horizon! He just didn’t get it, not at all… he said again how he was sorry for his behaviour at the end of Friday evening... and that he loved me and I was THE one for him and we were meant for each other – then he held me close and kissed me and tried to stick his tongue down my throat again… I just pulled away and said it was time for me to go. He started crying again and I got in my car and drove away.

On the way home I called in at the pub to see if my mates were there – to be honest I just wanted to chill out in good company for a few minutes. They weren’t there but I had a quick chat with the landlady and she told me there was stuff planned for tomorrow and if I could pop in before heading off to see sis she would love to see me there… no promises made but I did think that might be a nice way to start my ‘weekend away’… so then it was off home.

I got in and the light on the answerphone was flashing… there were 3 messages from Blueeyes… the first saying he was fine and had got home safely (wtf – it’s only 20mins!!) and that he wanted to talk.. (I didn’t!! It had all been said!!)… that if I was there could I please pick up the phone… next one was him sighing and hanging up, the third was him saying he really really wants to be my friend and thinks we could be great friends and I’m really special and that he’s fine… and that he didn’t think I wanted to talk to him…DING fricking DONG!! Is that a bell I hear ringing!! Perhaps he’s getting the picture – but wait – is he??? I mean… it never occurred to him for one second that I might not actually BE there sitting waiting to hear from him?? He just assumed I was ignoring him!

I lit a disposable BBQ and got the remaining chicken and veggie kebabs out of the cool bag…and then rang Sarah and we arranged to get onto msn whilst the BBQ was getting ready…

I ignored the answer phone messages and got online with Sarah and told her the goings on. When I told her off his declaring his undying love for me she was like ‘Woah mum – run!!!’ lol… I told her that was precisely what I had done and that I had done it with kid gloves too!!

We had a lovely chat and she showed me her photography portfolio (she’s in the throes of possibly changing her course at uni / dropping out)… so lots to discuss. At the end of the day, as long as she is healthy and happy I don’t mind what she does, it’s her choice, her life. You’re only 20 once and this is her time.

Whilst on msn Blueeyes sent me a text asking if I’d checked my answerphone! ARGH!!!!

I’m sorry to say that I lied and told him I was in bed, phone unplugged and would check in the morning. He replied with night night xxx

I think I’m going to have concussion if I bang my head on the walls for much longer!!

I ate my kebabs and then went to bed and watched the Amnesty International thing of Channel 4, make me giggle… then me and Paul snuggled down for the night…

Sunday August 26th - stalkersville !!!!

Sunday August 26th 2007

What a gorgeous day! I woke up at 5.30am!! Got up, did some washing and started to write my diary… got my sleeping bag and pillows ready and looked at my ‘to-do’ list for the day. So… typed away for a while then fed the animals, hung the washing out (sun wasn’t out at this stage as it was barely light)… pootled around the house awhile and then headed off to the boot sale to check it out for next weekend.

It was huge!!! The sellers told me that they were lucky to get a pitch as some were turned away! So, I need to get there at 5am next weekend! ARGH!! NO late nights Friday and Saturday for me then! Bah! Lol

Mooched around the hundreds of stall and bagged meself the odd bargain – brand new cycle helmet £1, 2 Harry Potter books, an address book and 2 travel guides for The Maldives (my dream destination when I do meet Mr Right!)...and 2 packs of lovely blank cards…£2 the lot! (I did haggle… lol) I was there ages! Headed back around 10am because I knew I didn’t want to buy anything else (although I did try on a rather lush leather motorcycle jacket but I couldn’t have worn a jumper under it so no go, would have been a REAL steal at £20!! Still, I asked for their phone number and said I would think about it and maybe call later to see if they still had it… I got their business card and left… pleased I’d not splurged out…

On the way back to the car I had to cross a bridge and looked over it into the river – OMG!! There was THE most ENORMOUS pike I’ve ever seen!! I watched it chasing some fish!! It was easily 3 – 4 ft long and looked fantastic! I ached for my boat and fishing tackle! Lol There is something very special about seeing fish like that though and I was transfixed…. As I carried on I saw massive shoals of Bream and Roach – good sized fish too! I think I might have to get my license from the post office, dust off the old fishing tackle and get out there one evening!! Lol I felt privileged to have seen the pike though… what a treat that was!!

Back home and time to get the dog to the kennels – felt terribly guilty, lol.. but took him anyway… now… whilst getting ready to do that I got a text from Blueeyes to say good morning and that he REALLY wanted to be my friend and come with me Wednesday evening to the open air theatre that I have tickets for. I replied good morning back to him and that no I didn’t think it would be a good idea and that I had said last night that we can’t be friends and sorry. I probably wouldn’t go on Wednesday after all.

OMG – what a mistake… then he started calling me… I rejected the calls… I have nothing to say to him and am not in the mood for him to beg me to be his friend (as per his answerphone message last night) and in the end I put him on autoreject as he tried 15 times. I turned my mobile off and took the dog to the kennels.

I switched the phone back on when I got home again and he called and called and called… he left a message on my answerphone saying he realised I didn’t want to speak to him but that he REALLY wanted to be friends and felt we could be very good friends and he was willing to give it a go and what did we have to lose and he had been looking forward to Wednesday etc. I felt invaded. He started calling my mobile again – thus far I have had 27 missed calls since 10am this morning and its now midday. In the end I sent him a text that was very clear ‘Please leave me alone. I think over a dozen calls and 4 messages is excessive and I am suffocating. Please leave me alone now, we cannot be friends and I don’t care about the tickets.’ He then tried to call me again and I once again switched the phone off.

An hour later and I’ve switched it back on… there’s a text from him…
‘Hiya, ur not being fair, I just wanted to say Hi, we could be friends if you wanted to, I am prepared to give it a try, I have reopened my profile on dating site and have some interest already, I will give you space, thanks for the good times, its been fuin, I hope you get all you want from your life and achieve all your goals, I know you will! Hope you get your head sorted on the men and dating thing, it will be nice to meet up in the future, when you have softened more! **** (his name) X ‘

Sorry, but I laughed out loud… lol and then I cheered! Hurrah!! He can pick someone else to harass now! Yeehar!! Sorry, but honestly, 27 calls in the space of 2 hours!! Please don’t tell me I am being unreasonable in thinking that’s just a tad unnatural!!!

So… he’s back on the site and getting interest… lol… good. I’m very glad. Not heard from him in over an hour and feel relieved! I did text him back and was very careful.. I simply said… ‘Thanks for the text. Not going to argue but have to say that I think I have been very fair in all of this. Glad you are ok to get dating again so quickly and hope that you find someone who will fully appreciate you. I wish you happiness and good health always. Take care.’

Hopefully now that will be that and he will redirect his attentions to whoever his next date is and hopefully she will be happy with his attentiveness!!

So… just had a lovely chicken salad and just have to pack a bag and then scoot off to my sis. Going to sit in the garden in the sunshine for an hour or 2 first with me Hindi Bindi book… lol… it does make me smile

Sis rang and says we’ve been invited to a BBQ tonight so I think I’ll take some packs with me and have a soup and muffin before going so I won’t want to eat so much! Knew this would be a difficult dieting weekend but not quite so hard!

TOTM is heavier than usual too which is making me a bit weary, still… will be over in a few days so it’s ok :)

Right.. well.. that’s me diary totally up to date again… you never know… one day I might just write.. ‘boring day, did nothing, had 3 packs, went to bed’……

Nahhhhhhh :rotflmao:

Phew, the day that you have a quiet day, pigs will fly my dear!

I must admit that he was a bit full on and sounded like he had cloth between his ears - just not getting the hint! Ah well, onwards and upwards.

Thank you so much for the lovely card and book, made me smile!

Love ya lots xxx

OMG jen
he sounded so nice aswell
he`s a clingon :giggle:

there ya go you could rename him clingon in stead of blue eyes :rotflmao:

me thinks you had a lucky escape well done to sticking to your guns, girl power:D

good news at the doctors lets hope everything happens quickly for you and the ball gets rolling

well done again on your weight losses your a star
kaz:hug99:

Quick note as am at the house my sis is looking after - been to a brilliant BBQ this evening and just changed to go out spur of the moment to a club in Luton! Think this will get us both in the mood for tomorrow and Notting Hill!! Am dead excited about that (except that it's TOTM and finding a loo might be a bit of a challenge - but then - you know me! I'm up for a challenge! lol)

Went to the pub before coming here this afternoon - met up with my mate and she's coming wiht me Wednesday night to the open air theatre so that will be really good.

Right - must dash - will update Tuesday with all my carnival capers! Happy Bank Holiday all xxxxx

:mad:Well, it was weigh in today (have lots to say about the rest of my weekend but that can wait)..

I was mortified to see the scales register a GAIN of 5.3lbs!!!!! Ailsa said it was carbs (as I had eaten some carbs over the weekend) and also TOTM. I was gutted. I know I ate but it wasn't THAT bad! Well, I have a stinking headache (she thinks that's carb-withdrawal as back SSing again and this is how it was at the start when I headed into ketosis!).

I don't think I ever want to eat carbs again!!! BAH!! So... goal seems so much further away all of a sudden and I am really cross with myself for eating rice and pretzels this weekend!

Am NOT happy at all!!!

Feel free to finger-wag and lecture at will... clearly I've not played ball for the last 4 days or so and it's payback time! That's what you get for being flippin 'I'm almost at goal' arrogant!!! Grrrr!!

Darling this diet is UNRELENTLESS. It does not allow little treats or anything outside of the plan!!

You need to get to goal and then decide on a maintenance plan - i guess you'll be going up the CD plans will you?!?!?! There is NO other way chickadee! This is a good lesson for you as you've been letting it slide a bit lately!! Get's us all in the end babes!

Finger wag at you????????? are ya bloody kidding..... jesus girl you are have done phenomenal (sp???).... don't even think about ur last weigh in... just get to goal and start maintenance... whether goal needs to change i dunno... but don't give urself a hard time cos its downhill all the way if you do... ya hear!!!!!!

i printed off ur diary on friday to read on my way home cos i was away for the guts of 2 weeks.... no traffic... so still haven't fecking read it.... and its only a bazillion pages long lol

please just keep ss'ing or whatever you are doing and no giving urself a hard time you sexy lady xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No finger wagging and no lecture!! Just positive vibes. :D

Darling this diet is UNRELENTLESS. It does not allow little treats or anything outside of the plan!!

You need to get to goal and then decide on a maintenance plan - i guess you'll be going up the CD plans will you?!?!?! There is NO other way chickadee! This is a good lesson for you as you've been letting it slide a bit lately!! Get's us all in the end babes!

:sigh: I know... I'm going to get to goal then do the 790 etc etc... we did discuss the idea of me doing 790 this week but to be honest I want this gain gone by next weigh in so SSing it is as of now!

I will have to follow the 790 to the letter and on through the steps to the bitter end... the thing that annoys me most is I didn't even enjoy the carbs I ate! How ridiculous is that???

Lesson learned though - and no more now, in fact, I asked her if I really ever need to eat carbs again.. lol... if they make me feel so rough afterwards and have this impact on my weight then what's the point!

I've not done as much walking this week either, so, the dog will be happy that we will be out for walks every day again now! Will clip that blessed pedometer back on each morning and see if that helps too!

Thanks Karen, I was so shocked and really upset but am hoping it will be off soon and then another step toward goal before Brum but no goal celebrations for me there now.. not enough time!

Ailsa also warned me that as I have less to lose now the losses will slow down... a mixed blessing really,... lol Still and all, I am pleased I have lost the weight I have thus far and as long as I get it in check now and get back down to the low 11's I shall be happy. Never in a million years did I think I could ever aim for such a weight and achieve it, so, still positive but not complacent. :)

Finger wag at you????????? are ya bloody kidding..... jesus girl you are have done phenomenal (sp???).... don't even think about ur last weigh in... just get to goal and start maintenance... whether goal needs to change i dunno... but don't give urself a hard time cos its downhill all the way if you do... ya hear!!!!!!

i printed off ur diary on friday to read on my way home cos i was away for the guts of 2 weeks.... no traffic... so still haven't fecking read it.... and its only a bazillion pages long lol

please just keep ss'ing or whatever you are doing and no giving urself a hard time you sexy lady xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No finger wagging and no lecture!! Just positive vibes. :D

thank you, both of you... positive vibes always welcomed :) Gen, hope you enjoy the diary! lol I will try and update from the weekend soon - that's give you a bit more 'traffic' reading! Notting Hill was incredible!

Oh... Blueeyes saw me online and messaged me and apologised for his behaviour Sunday morning... deja vu or what! lol

Darling you have done phenomenally well and never forget that!!! That 5 pounds will be history by next week... easy on , easy off!! I should know! lol lol.

It's a shocker i bet but still you've only delayed yourself by a week and that's nuffink in the general scheme of things, so forget the upset and move on - easily rectified with a bit of focus.

I'm still in awe of your amazing achievement!!!!!!

I don't think I ever want to eat carbs again!!!

You're body will get used to them again and you won't feel so crap after them, nor get the sudden weight gain once you've finished the plans:clap:

That's what you get for being flippin 'I'm almost at goal' arrogant!!! Grrrr!!
'Mistakes' show up really quick don't they, but it'll soon be off and you are doing so well. Love your attitude. You rock!:cool:

sorry about how things are, but given your grit n determination, those pesky pounds'll be gone in a puff.
huggs n +ve vibes babes
xx

Hiya lovely! You're just in what I call the 'Complacency Zone'. You've done SO well, and are feeling happy with the way you look now .. but the job's not quite done yet just the same. Karen's right though, this diet really is relentless and there really is no end to it really - it's just a case of following a sensible eating plan once you reach goal (and sticking to it :sigh:).

Ailsa's probably right too in that your gain is down to stored carbs and TOTM. All you gotta do is remember the 'easy on/easy off' mantra (hey! I'm an expert at that! :rolleyes:) and trust that the excess WILL come off as quickly as it went on providing you get back on t'plan again.

Once you've seen how easy it is to shift any gain though, it makes it so much easier to deal with next time - and one thing you can be certain of with this dieting lark is that there will always be a 'next time'. Oh .. and that only makes you human like the rest of us by the way :D

See you next week hon!

Back