Blergh! - FatFairNForty(ish) - my diary

Good old Honda's. I learned to ride on a 250 super dream,I think that was around 79-80.
I had to sell my 400 4 super sport before I came to Canada:cry:I was heart broken:sigh:
My next bike will be a CBF 600 SAA or something similar. I will sick with Honda, I just love Honda red.
Its great to find another bike lover, nice to chat about bikes, its a nice diversion from diet talk.
Later:D

I love my Hondas... I am very involved in my bike club and spend most of my spare time working for them for nowt...

Oh no! could you not have shipped your beloved 400-4 over? We have a very special award for the best 400-4 at our big summer show this August , in memory of a fabulous chap who used to be our national treasurer, and who died,.. if I can, I will find the photo of last years' winner.

I am at the ACE cafe this Sunday at the Honda Day so am sure there will be so many wonderful examples of fine bikes there! I shall add some photos next week..

I know sod all about the mechanics of bikes - I bought mine on a whim - just fell in love with her! lol Heart ruling head as usual!!

Have you any photos of your 400-4? Be sure to share pics of new bike when you get it..

I am hoping that I shall soon be found pootling around the Northamptonshire countryside on my darling bike very soon... :D:character00201:

Weigh in number 2 this afternoon :scale: - am hoping for good numbers to encourage me on as I am bored of the water already... and I don't like the Cambridge flavourings.. I seem to recall drinking Asda diet appleade last time 'round... it has no citric acid in it..

Another busy day ahead - stripped the bed this morning and loaded up the washing machine.. topped up dishwasher with salt, loaded that up too and set that off... booked gas engineer to come tomorrow to sort out the damn central heating yet again (same problem every summer! no hot water unless heating is on and blasting out..), at work at the moment being very lax coming on here... checked my lottery ticket *WINNER* ... won't quite be retiring on it though... £3.40 lol
Still.. that's almost 2 meals of CD so it's something!

Right - best get on - got some meeting minutes to do and copying and accounts...

Will update later after weigh in... no need to cross fingers, sticking to it 100% = no worries at scales... they will say what they will say...

Bit concerned though - keep breaking my nails, which seems odd.. last time they were really strong and healthy... and I am incredibly tired... realised that I should be on "Step 4" so that maybe why... so... stop whinging Jennie and get on with it!! lol

Loved getting up and seeing the sunshine today!! :character00238:

:hmm:Well, not really sure how I feel at the moment - moody mare! :hmm:Went for my weigh in and have lost another 4lbs... that makes 1 stone 1 lb in what, erm, 11 days.. my cdc is counting it as my first week weigh-in... but that was done after 4 days... oh well.. whatever... it's still just over a stone in 11 days and that's good enough..:D

I am soo fed up of drinking water so have treated myself to a coke zero... I checked the label - no citric acid - although I know I shouldn't really have it for a few more weeks yet, :eek: I am desperate for a different drink!

Hope it won't slow down things this week - I am hoping for an average loss of 1 stone a month initially... then.. 10lbs a month.. I reckon that's achievable. I intend to join a zumba class next week if I feel up to it.. they sound like fun and exercise in one and it's cheap so - well - nothing ventured and all that!!

Mmmm I love my choc mint muffin washed down with a pint of water and a few mouthfuls of coke zero (only bought a little bottle and am making it last!) lol

Glad to see that Shrek has hung out the washing! Hurrah!! I love the smell of clothes that have been dried outdoors.. lol

Wow 15lbs is fantastic!!!!!!!!!!! *jealous*

Not so sure about the coke zero. I drank one or two bottles of that on a previous round of doing this diet and i didn't lose an ounce! CDC reckoned it was the coke zero!!!!!

It's sooooo not worth it. Teach yourself to drink black tea and coffee it's lush !

ewww I would be so sick! I hate tea and coffee ... have never liked it and have tried to but blergh... makes me heave!

I am going to try and get that appleade I had from Asda before.. if I can have that then I will give the coke zero a miss,. but only having water is really hard this time 'round...

Was a bit upset yesterday when I had BP checked (that's blood pressure not British Petroleum!)... and nurse said... "now don't go putting it back on this time!" ... grrrrr... I kept it off for over a year and it's been 5 years since I did the diet ... I hardly think that warrants such a sense of foreboding... and I am at least 3 stone lighter than I was when I started last time... rant... rant.. rant... it really got to me.. I already feel a failure for having to do it all over again without fecking being told!!! BLAH!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah... that's better... sorry 'bout that...

LOL oh I know how that feels!!!!!! The debates i've gotten into with people over the years with them saying that it obv doesn't work cos i've put weight back on...... er hello I am still over 3 stone lighter than my heaviest.... falls on deaf ears though but who cares what they think it's only what we think that matters!!

I have tried looking for that apple stuff and have been unable to find it.... but then at least I have coffee for the mornings and tea for afternoons and evenings, I drink vats of the stuff!!!!!

YAY....let it out!! Feels better afterwards!! ;) I know exactly what you mean about people like her.... ggggrrrrrrr

15lbs in 11 days is FAB-TASTIC.... I'd be really chuffed... in fact I'm hoping for 13lbs in 14 days but we'll see.

The most exciting thing I've done today is strip the bed and hang it on the line too....I really DO need to get a life :rolleyes:

How do you make the muffins? Must be marvellous to actually chew something.

Last time round I drank a glass of diet Dr Pepper every day I don't think there's any citric acid in it... I'm having one a day now also, just for something different. Oh and I have a mug of Marigold Swiss Vegetable Bouillon too... I seem to recall it's allowed.

Now I've posted in your diary I can live in hope that tonight I shall dream of hunky bikers :D (in my fresh sheets) ha ha

Wow 15lbs is fantastic!!!!!!!!!!! *jealous*

Oh yeah wow indeed!! I'm jealous too. Way to go Jennie! :D

I'm back on Day 2 today and I know just what you mean about feeling water-logged, but it's gotta be done ain't it? If I can lose half of what you've done in the next week I'll be more than happy.

Ack just ignore that nurse. There ain't no way you're gonna put it on again this time. And in my book, being 3 stone lighter than when you started before is a definite result! :D

YAY....let it out!! Feels better afterwards!! ;) I know exactly what you mean about people like her.... ggggrrrrrrr

15lbs in 11 days is FAB-TASTIC.... I'd be really chuffed... in fact I'm hoping for 13lbs in 14 days but we'll see.

The most exciting thing I've done today is strip the bed and hang it on the line too....I really DO need to get a life :rolleyes:

How do you make the muffins? Must be marvellous to actually chew something.

Last time round I drank a glass of diet Dr Pepper every day I don't think there's any citric acid in it... I'm having one a day now also, just for something different. Oh and I have a mug of Marigold Swiss Vegetable Bouillon too... I seem to recall it's allowed.

Now I've posted in your diary I can live in hope that tonight I shall dream of hunky bikers :D (in my fresh sheets) ha ha

I'm going to check out the Diet Dr P... and I have just sent Shrek to the shops in search of the Bouillon as I remembered how that helped me get through the water-logged days... so help me, I think I'm going to have to get a plastic sheet on my bed in case instead of sweat I leak!! (and I don't mean from my nether regions!!) lol

Am busy getting stuff ready for a mega day at the Ace Cafe in Londinium this Sunday and that, thankfully, is distracting me although I am constantly thirsty so here goes another pint of the clear stuff!! (think I may need to plug my ears and nose in case it spills out of there too!..) moan ,... moan.. whinge.. whinge...

and another thing! British Gas are here trying to fix my hot water system (it fails every summer and they always end up coming out) and he is very perplexed... am hoping he can and does fix it though as I really NEED a lovely soak in a bath with nothing to think about...

Right ... cracking on with all me gubbings... oh... and... shhhh... :ignore: don't tell anyone,.. but... I am going to look at a bigger and more modern bike this weekend... :party0011::party0011: if I can sort out the finances... (might mean borrowing a bit off Shrek).. then I could soon have a stable-mate for my lovely classic !

Can't afford it really but sod it! I need incentive and it's a really good price... and silver... and lush... and has all the modifications I love... and.. and.. well, anyway.. am going to see her and maybe.. who knows!... :rolleyes:

:giggle:Forgot to say... muffins... 1 desertspoon of Psyllium Husks mixed with sachet of choc mint cambridge,.. add water 'til it looks like a kind of lumpy poo :eek:(how appealing!) and then spoon into a small ramekin and into the micro for 1min 20secs (trial and error on timings and consistency)... then ping! let it cool and eat... for me it was a real saviour last time and I have one for breakfast and one in the evening , or, like today, I had one for brekkie, one for lunch and will have a spicy tomato soup for "dinner" tonight..

I'm not at all hungry, just missing eating I think.. the pickled onions look tempting but I'm saving my "oh I have to eat ONE of them" moment for at least a couple more weeks down the line... I sooo remember last time and how blimmin' guilt-ridden I felt for having one... lol mental! not this time - no guilt allowed!!

When I went for the weigh-in she asked me "good week?" and I just laughed and said, yep.. will be doing it 100% so no matter what the scales say it will always be a good week... and then bit@hed about water.. and how I'm on a meter here and am thinking of bypassing the meter and drinking straight from the mains!:crazy:

Leave da pickled onions alone!

hahaha, I have! They are tucked away at the back of the fridge out of the way..

Had a mug of bouillon stuff which took the edge off nicely..

Just had my soup and having loaded the car up am ready to crawl upstairs to bed.. I am really shocked at how tired I have been this week.. and wonder if it's just last weekend still, my age., the diet,... or a combination of all three!

Shrek just wafted past me - I swear he thinks I'm chatting to someone online as I am NOT EVER telling him about this diary!

I say wafted as he just came in from having a cigarette... blergh... stinky things.. still.. makes no odds to me.. we don't kiss anymore so I don't have to taste nicotine.. and.. as we don't touch anymore my hands and skin won't smell of it either..

TMI? oh well... am thinking perhaps when in complete control of weight and back in good health I may give Shrek his marching orders and tell him to find another swamp with a different donkey!!

Blah! (told you I was a moody mare today!)

Going to a bike show:jelous: haven't been to one in years.
I hope you get your new bike we all need to treat ourselves once in a while.
I might have some pics of my old 400 4, it was a work in progress, I was slowly restoring it to its former glory. It just cost to much to ship, it would be ideal here, we have some nice twisty roads.
Enjoy the bike show.:D
That's great with the weight loss, keep at it.

Going to a bike show:jelous: haven't been to one in years. I hope you get your new bike we all need to treat ourselves once in a while. I might have some pics of my old 400 4, it was a work in progress, I was slowly restoring it to its former glory. It just cost to much to ship, it would be ideal here, we have some nice twisty roads. Enjoy the bike show.:D
That's great with the weight loss, keep at it.

The Honda Day at the ACE is a great day, loads of bikers from all over the place converge on the ACE cafe and eat and chat bikes and then leave.. nice atmosphere. Hopefully the weather will be kind. Real shame about your 400-4. Be good to see some pics! I'm off tomorrow to see my potentially new bike. :D:D:D:D:D still not sure how I shall raise the funds but will think of something!

Day, erm.. whatever it is... off to a panic-stricken start.. switched off alarm and then promptly went back to sleep only to wake just in time to make a muffin and leave! Made it to the orifice in time and have so far been incredibly productive... I have a bit of a Spring-cleaning head on today - am sure it will pass...

I managed to get organised enough to shift one filing cabinet and have another installed, thrown away loads of stuff, getting to grips with some accounting now and looking forward to when I get home, baking some more fairy cakes for the weekend and will finally attempt the biscuits I made the dough for last week but have left in the fridge wrapped in cling film.

Shrek and my mutt love it when I bake as they get the bowl! Sadly I won't be able to test my cooking due to being on the diet, but that's ok too - Shrek loves my baking so will be more than happy to oblige!

Flummoxed the gas man yesterday - he couldn't fix my hot water system and has now said he has to send a different engineer with manager, on Tuesday who will have to rewire it all - sounds bad to me! He's talking about lifting carpets and floorboards... uh oh.. I don't like the sound of it at all,but, if it fixes the problem then fair enough. As long as they don't expect me to pay for anything! I've been forking out £50 a month for the last 10 years to them on my Homecare cover so they have certainly had the dosh!! (Please don't do the maths... I don't want to know!)

Right - must crack on.. listening to Sandy Toksvig on iplayer as I type up some meeting minutes... the perks of working in a lone office.. lol

Had a can of coke zero this morning... it hasn't got citric acid in it so should be ok... shouldn't it? (any cdc's out there advise please...) but it will help me stick to SS'ing.

Shrek is becoming unnervingly tactile... not sure what he's after.. well, actually, I have a fair idea, LOL,. but he's not having it.. too little too late matey! (Am I being harsh??) *shrugs shoulders* tough boobies if I am... have been rejected for too many months to suddenly roll over and play dead!! *sniggers* that sounds terrible... but you know what I mean!

Oh Jen, you do make me laugh!

I think coke zero is ok by the way x x

Have a productive day darling x

Sounds like Shrek's onto a good thing with your baking... ooohhh I just love the smell of it (and the taste of it come to that) :rolleyes: So I can just imagine.... :drool: Unfortunately I don't have any of the husk thingy-ma-jigs so I can't be baking a muffin.. what I do though is make crisps from the Oriental Chilli and then have the bouillon in the mug I mixed it in....

I checked the Diet Dr P bottle last night and there's defo no citric acid in it :)

Your weekend outing sounds perfect and fingers crossed you can find a way to purchase the dream machine tomorrow!

I'm chuckling at Shrek drooling over you... sounds like the only 'good stuff' he's going to get comes out of the oven :cool:

Enjoy your weekend!

Sounds like Shrek's onto a good thing with your baking... ooohhh I just love the smell of it (and the taste of it come to that) :rolleyes: So I can just imagine.... :drool: Unfortunately I don't have any of the husk thingy-ma-jigs so I can't be baking a muffin.. what I do though is make crisps from the Oriental Chilli and then have the bouillon in the mug I mixed it in....

I checked the Diet Dr P bottle last night and there's defo no citric acid in it
:)

Your weekend outing sounds perfect and fingers crossed you can find a way to purchase the dream machine tomorrow!

I'm chuckling at Shrek drooling over you... sounds like the only 'good stuff' he's going to get comes out of the oven
:cool:

Enjoy your weekend!

OMG - I made crisps with the oriental chilli and set fire to my microwave 3 times before I finally realised it wasn't safe for me to be doing it any more.. lol..

Shrek's onto a good thing full-bleedin'-stop! lol He pleads for the bowl... if he's lucky, he gets it first and then the dog... if not, the dog gets it first... lol.. na, just kidding... but the dog has been known to have the bowl first on a number of occassions!

I've done loads of baking... 3 doz fairy/butterfuly cakes for church (got asked just as I was leaving the orifice this afternoon... and.. as I was planning to bake in any case I was more than happy to agree...)... have done a couple of doz for the bike thingy, and some bike shaped biscuits too... think I'll stick to cake baking though, the biscuits look more like deformed rabbits than motorbikes!! Still... bikers pretty much don't have tastebuds so it won't be a problem..

He didn't exactly drool... more of a wistful look and an attempt at touching bare flesh... soon stopped that nonsense! lol

He's had some biscuits which, he assures me, are very good for dunking (read - too feckin' hard to eat unless sodden in hot liquid first) and the cakes are ok... and I always set aside a batch just for him, so, he's happy enough... but then.. it's not bedtime yet... I think he's been trying to get "brownie points" though as he's taken a sudden interest in the garden!! Mind you, he seems to want a medal for doing even the slightest bit of housework/gardening... but that's ok.. I have some I bought in a £ shop last year... :8855:

Ahh, shouldn't moan too much I suppose.. he has his uses.... like.., erm., well he.., emm.. he um... well , he has his uses... just that I can't think of them right this very second... but they'll come to me!

Oh yeah! He lets the dog out often.. mind you, that's coz he's having a fag... hmm...

'Nuff 'bout him ... must sound like such a prize beitch... well, y'know.. if the cap fits and all that... lol

SO, the end of another day on the magic powder! Feeling pretty good, got loads and loads done today.. am ultra organised for the weekend - which is a tad scary as it could all so easily go Pete Tong.. (why DO we say that? was he an utter disaster from birth or something???).., anyway.. another day done and dusted and almost bed time!

Light out, breath heavily and pretend to be asleep as soon as possible may be the order of the day... Shrek has that glint in his eye.. it's that "I've done the garden and taken the rubbish to the dump AND I didn't moan when you wanted to go out and all I really wanted to do was watch Neighbours" look... hmm, perhaps full jimmy palmers are in order with bedsocks and slavverings of vaseline on mush with "sorry, chapped lips, bloody wind is a nightmare!" mumbling...

(He's not that bad really... honest.. well maybe a bit.. or a lot... or... ... ... )

*cough* right... if I can I will whack some baking piccies on here with sincere apologies to those who have that well known and long recorded problem of "if I look at it it's on my hips"... to my fellow sufferers... "look away now"... ;)

Oh, and, I found some Dr P zero and that is sitting patiently in the fridge and I made a can of coke zero last a whole 3 hours!! Talk about savouring the flavour!! Right... must go... Shrek's hovering again (just like an irritating bluebottle... ) now where DID I put that swatter...???

Attachments

• Biker cake.jpg
    Biker cake.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 71
Hi to all of you. I'm new to the forums and still stumbling around but found this thread and have become totally engrossed (work can take a hike) your ramblings are so much more entertaining lol. Just wanted to say your doing amazingly well, your a real inspiration and i look forward to reading your future posts :)

Hi Clanger and welcome to my world! Not sure I can be an inspiration but hey - I'll give it a bash.. (try anything once).. :D Beware, Minimins is very addictive! (I have to try not to log on at work as I can easily lose an hour without realising!!)

Argh... Shrek alert! Best go... back to the swamp .... t'ra for now! :)

Good to see you in such fine spirits altho so not convinced about the dr p!!!!!

Pete Tong rhymes with wrong!!!

Awww poor shrek lol.... You are a diva young lady!!!!!

Back