Blergh! - FatFairNForty(ish) - my diary

Day 3 has arrived! I feel, surprisingly, ok... not half as sick as yesterday and, despite waking at the ungodly hour of 3am (I think it was about then)... I feel pretty good...

Had the most severe cramp in my right calf ever! Hell of a way to wake up at 6am!! lol Yelled out in pain and poor old Shrek leapt out of bed as if stabbed with a cattle prod, shot round to the foot of the bed and barked orders at me to push against his leg... lol.. I can only imagine what it might have sounded like to the neighbours... lol... still, it passed but I am reluctant to stretch again now... had forgotten how much cramp hurts!

Although it's only day 3 I already feel like I am definitely going to nail it again with this diet... already told my boss that I can't eat but am happy to meet at Buddies and take my soup with me... plus... am planning how to deal with a weekend of bikes, baking and burger vans... taking soup and my special mug with me (no, not Shrek... he's a whole different tale....)... and will save my choc mint muffin making for the evenings... thank goodness not camping... already beginning to feel a bit chillier - although that's probably psychological rather than actual..

Looking in the mirror I can't see a jot of difference but heck, why should I? 48 hours is all it's been - get a grip Jennie ffs!! lol

First weigh in is tomorrow lunchtime - only day 4 then so the really big weigh in will be next week when it'll be day 11... THEN I am banking on at least a total loss of 7lbs for the 11 days... given I am such a blimmin' lardey arse it shouldn't be too hard!!

Not going to start exercising for a couple of weeks as I know from past experience I am likely to keel over if I overdo things.. lol...

Right - best crack on - shouldn't be doing this whilst at work but it just feels like "home" again...

Catch you all later! xxx

Just popping in as I have been out most of the day and I am knackered.

Well done on day 3, you are sounding so up for this, I know you can do this x x

Well done Jennie... I can hear the enthusiasm screaming out from your words already :D:D:D xxx

thank you all - that's Day 3 done and dusted... feel tired but not hungry - a bit cranky though, although I think that's the norm for me and Shrek. He has the uncanny ability to utterly wind me up without really meaning too... it's probably just me being a moody mare.. lol

Looking forward to my weigh in - I know it's only going to be mid way through Day 4 but it will help me focus over the weekend.. and I am going to be spending hours baking so will be happy enough doing that and feeding everyone else..

Don't think Shrek totally approves of the diet but I don't give a hoot... it worked last time and it will damn well work this time. Mind you, I'm not going to get drawn in to the Cambridge "politics" again.. when it's off again I won't be bothering with entering any competitions - it's pretty much a farce ... anyway, not revisiting those days... this is now.. and tomorrow is a new day.. and I am doing this for me and no-one else. I am excited at the thought of wearing nice clothes again - I know it's a while away, but I have them ready and waiting.. lol

House is going to get such a cleaning over the coming months it will be sparkling! I can feel a decorating splurge too... and getting out on my bike (motorbike) lots more this summer when I can get my fat arse into my gear again.. jacket is ok but trousers think I'm having a bubbly when I show them my thighs!! *note to self - start saving up for op to get rid of thigh flesh*

Might start selling stuff on ebay for my "surgery fund"... now there's an idea!! Hmmm... plus, I want to do another skydive but that will have to be next spring as won't be light enough until the new year and even I'm not mad enough to try and do it in the winter!! lol

Right - must get finished on here and tidied up and off to bed to watch another gripping episode of "The Apprentice"... I bet Lord Sugar (ah get over yerself man.. ) going to call him Barley from hereon in... anyhoo... I reckon ole Barley will get fed up pretty quickly with Melody.. and evil Edna... so should be fun and games!

G'night , and thanks again girls for the support... xxxx will check in after weigh in tomorrow! I am hoping for good results although to be honest, I didn't skimp on the calories over the weekend as I knew I was starting on the Monday.. bad idea though as I probably could have better results... well, they will be what they will be and all I know is, they will be going in the right direction!

xx

Sounds like it's all going swimmingly... will be back tomorrow for weigh in results... Good Luck :)

Day 4 is here and started an hour earlier than I had hoped! We had a power cut yesterday afternoon and I reset my clock when I went to bed... but an hour fast!!! So - absolutely blind panic mode when I woke up and saw it was already 7.30am and I have to be in work by 8!! Dashed around like a mad thing in the maddest madhouse... and was about to leave when I saw that Shrek had put the tv on and the time said 6.48am!!!

ARGH!!! He could've said!! Blah - still, it meant I had time for a choc mint muffin for brekkie (can't wait for my Psyllium husks to arrive so the muffins look more muffin-like and less disc shaped..)... and a couple of pints of water... and some stuff done in preparation for the weekend..

AND I got to work early (hence sneaking on here to update)... got a list as long as me arm and am slowly working through it... set off the dishwasher and put on a load of washing before I left and asked Shrek if he would please remember to hang the washing to dry ... he said yes, but I bet he will forget... happens a lot...

So, at work and really excited (silly eh?) about the weigh in... just 4 days.. daft, should've waited but she doesn't do Mondays and I feel it will help as I bake to have the incentive of how many lbs are gone already (even though I know it's mainly fluid in these early days)...

Am hoping to get into my bike trousers so I can ride my darling bike up to Peterborough tomorrow... if not I shall be seriously gutted but won't take unnecessary risks by riding without proper protective gear on..

Right - still weeing for Britain and woke in the night but its ok as went back to sleep very quickly... can't believe I have only the slightest bit of nausea this time - good sign I reckon... one day at a time though... :)

Good morning honey, all sounding good (apart from the extra early start!). Will be back later for weigh in update x x

What a day!! Have still not finished doing things I need to get done before bedtime... including baking copious quantities of fairy cakes!!

So - I went and saw my CDC - Tracey - and I was stunned... halfway through Day 4 and I have lost... (drum roll please)... 11 lbs!! I know, 11lbs!! I was (and remain) over the moon!!!

Have spent the rest of the day getting things ready for the large motorcycle show I am selling stuff at for my bike club this weekend - am sick of counting sodding t-shirts, but it's really important to know exactly what stock I'll be taking. Got lapel badges, knitted hats, polo shirts, etc etc etc stacked up everywhere!

I'm tired already but am determined to get it all done tonight so that tomorrow all I need to do is go to work drive straight to the show, unload, drive back, get changed and ride my bike back up there, and then get a lift home, and THEN decorate all the cakes I have yet to bake! lol

Shrek is being unnervingly helpful... makes me very suspicious... lol.. call me Quasi ('coz I have a hunch...)

So, that's day 4 under my now decreasing belt... I am thrilled that my BMI has gone from 50.1 to 40.1 in just 4 days... still outrageous, but heading nicely in the right direction! (Think she must've misread the dial as that's not right..but am not going to argue!!)

Loving listening to iplayer as I get my stock ready!

Happy Days!

Last edited:
That's wondeful Jennie!! You're already rockin' and rollin' back to Slimdom :D

xxx

Ive been reading your diary and wow!! I shall regularly follow it now...keep up the fantastic work, and well done for getting back on the horse :) xxx

Hi honey, hope you're being a good girl now the weekend has arrived. Defo the most diffuclt time for me xx

Well, what can I say! What an amazing weekend it's been - am absolutely exhausted but have had the best time in months.. Stuck 100% to the diet (despite having baked 6 dozen fairy cakes!), politely declined every offer of food (including the most delicious smelling bacon butties ever!)... and simply had my "muffin" for breakfast, took my soup with me, and waited until home to have another "muffin"... feeling incredibly happy about it and knackered too! Been a weekend filled with laughter, mates, bikes, meeting new folks and music too!

I have had a whale of a time! Have drunk so much water if you prick me I won't bleed I will sodding well leak!

Had soooooo many flattering comments from some rather lush men that it has made me feel pretty damn good! (Despite knowing I need to lose another.. um... well.. about 8 stone I guess...)

Feeling rather pleased with myself for doing it 100% but then, those of you who know me of old will know that , for me, that's the ONLY way I can do this... feel like I have lost loads more too and am really looking forward to Thursday's weigh in!

Not sure if any of you remember "fit bloke"... well, we are still brilliant friends and I told him I was back on it and he was really encouraging.. also told some other close friends (this avoiding repeated encouragement to eat some cake, bacon, sausage etc etc )... all, without exception, have been wonderful and supportive.

So... end of Day 6 now as "muffin" devoured... and it's bedtime for a very very weary, but oh-so-happy, me..!

xxxxxxxx

Back