Blergh! - FatFairNForty(ish) - my diary

I'm so pleased for you, honey! What a brill first date ... and here's to many more *raising a glass of sparkling water to ya* ;) :D

Love

Will post later/tomorrow.. still smiling.. he called me this morning and texts too.. lovely here on this cloud.. lol.. tired though and have masses to get through today and need sleep so much! lol Will reply to all of your wonderful, wonderful comments later.. thank you .. xxxxxx

p.s. have to put in a quick nag though - you accept those compliments girl & remember you deserve them!

Ha Ha,,, sorry Jennie, but I couldn't have said it better myself, you are beautiful both inside and out, and you better start accepting that..

Will post later/tomorrow.. still smiling.. he called me this morning and texts too.. lovely here on this cloud.. lol.. tired though and have masses to get through today and need sleep so much! lol Will reply to all of your wonderful, wonderful comments later.. thank you .. xxxxxx

i can feel ur glow from all the way over her in sunny dublin... chuffed for ya!!!

love

Gen xx

Gen, have ya lost my mobile no. you could have texted me I'm online all the time LOL...even when I promise to go to bed, i'm still online LOL...

Oh Jennie, what a lovely piece of writing....for a moment there I thought I was reading some love story in a book....he sounds soooo wonderful. For a man to buy a gift......and for it to be one that you actually like is amazing. Sounds like you two are tuned in to each other.....

FFnF,

Congratulations for following your instincts and ignoring mine. Sounds wonderful and it sounds as though you had a equally wonderful time. There is nothing nicer than conversing with the eyes and smiles.

CC x

Hey Jennie

Sooooo damn happy for you... Mr K sounds wonderful and i'm chuffed to bits that you had such an excellent first date... :D

kx

Jennie,
It sounds wonderful hun.
I'm so glad you had such a fantastic evening. Got everything crossed for you that he continues to make you this happy :)
Love Kitty xxx

Thank you

Aaw that was just beautiful...thank you for sharing such a precious first date...:)

I have often heard it said that their is not such thing as coincindence..just God being anonymous.

Love Mini xxx

I love this sentiment Mini and it's something I believe too, thank you for saying it, brought a tear to my eyes but in a heartwarming way. xxxx:D

I appreciate you all so much

Irene, Pandora, Kath, Isobel, Sharon, Gill, Cheb, Mich, Sonkie, KittyB, Kazz,Cazmaz,Flirty,Punkass, Karen,Gen, Mini,Geri & Amanda - and Nikki too (if I missed anyone off forgive me - thank you, :), thank you all SO much. I am so happy right now :) I don't think it's possible for me to keep my posts short anyway.. lol.. ;)

I'm still grinning like the cat that got the cream too! lol Been another hectic day and no time to update on here as yet and off to bed in a moment to watch Desperate Housewives.. it's about the only TV programme that could tempt me away from this place! lol

I am so touched by all the support you are all giving me, and I know, should I crash and burn and all this come tumbling down around me, then you will each be there holding your piece of the safety net taut for me to land in and for that I am eternally grateful.

I am still sitting up here on cloud 9 and having spoken to Mr K again today (lots!) and texts etc too.. I know he is feeling the same way , which is like having a banana toffee choc sundae and then having crunchie flavoured sprinkes and merigue pieces added as a surprise! lol (will have to think of a non-food analogy..)

Doggedly determined to continue to SS, but not for him, for me. This journey has always been for my sake, my benefit and my self. That's not to say of course that Mr K won't be the lucky fellow to reap some of the benefits too (in due course)..LOL

Madam Dotty - as special comment to you.. your words made me cry.. they touched a place really deep inside and I can't say right now why, or how, but I know they moved something and in many ways that scared me.. but at the same time.. well.. that warm tingling isn't pins and needles!

I really wanted to reply to each of you individually but its already fast approaching 10pm and my programme, lol. Selfish I know but I can't find a blank tape and haven't got the sky thing that you can record on to.. so.. I shall bid you all, you lovely, sweet, caring people, a very very heartfelt goodnight.. I will be on with a vengeance tomorrow with another epic or three (still got the Sat night at the Toon to share with ya!)

Mindless...congrats on being my 800th (so to speak ;) ) lol
and well done on things so far! Hope you're doing as SS says and avoiding that room service menu.. shove it in a drawer (out of sight out of mind..). Love reading your diary, nice to have you calling in on mine.

Right.. 4 minutes so must dash, just downed my last pack of the day (love this spicy tomato soup) my goodness though, my breath is abysmal tonight!

Ohhh,, must tell you... psyllium husks are on special offer on healthspan at the moment! Only £3.45 for a big tub :D That's about half price! I think the site is Healthspan Vitamin supplements. Buy tax-free vitamins online with Healthspan if not then google healthspan and I'm sure you'll find it! I ran out of husks Christmas week so am looking forward to having them again! Lots more to say but will shut up for now, settle into my cloud and look forward to my morning wake up call from my Mr K :D

Good morning world :D

Isobel and Cah-ching.. I forgot to respond to your lovely words!! So so sorry! It was a bit mad last night and I couldn't keep up.. lol So... Isobel.. you are so right about the box ticking.. there are, naturally, loads still to tick.. and I am looking forward to some of them more than others.. lol.. that said.. I am still numbed (its a good word right now) by all this. I'm not going to wait for the bubble to burst.. but I am aware there may be a needle hovering.. lol.. it's just all, well, a bit overwhelming really. Know what I mean?

Cah-Ching.. sweetie... it wasn't about ignoring your instincts or anything like that.. you gave me fabulous advice,.. the kind of advice I would have given you too!! To protect ones friends is such a testimony to how much you treasure their well-being and friendship. I would hope that I could be the same way to you if you were in my situation.

I laughed so much that we have the same thought patterns on safe dating.. (the note for the police) lol.. so I know where you were coming from and appreciate very much all your support and love. Thanks for the text last night, I am horrendously low on credit at the moment and don't get paid until next week! Again, my condolences about your grandmother, I felt bad as I had written so much negative stuff about my own and then read your news! :(

Irene - hiya :D OOh, please give my love to them both and ask Victoria if she is still coming to Brum (and give her details please :D) hope you're still sailing along nicely in the SS sea!!

I had my wake up with Mr K again this morning.. plans are afoot for our next date... going to the pics to see Night At The Museum (I think) with Ben Stiller in it.. we both agreed it would be lovely to see something that would make us giggle. lol

I'm in the office at the moment and have a mountain of work so will get off for now.. but.. will be back after the gym this afternoon! So be warned! The Toon et all will be reported on later! lol (MUST catch up before heading down to Ashford on Saturday morning - going to visit my friend who had the stroke. Very mixed feelings about it but needs to be done.. for me as much as her to be honest... wish it was pure altruism but it's not.. I need to see her to know for myself.. know what I mean? Had a progress update on her last night.. she is sitting in a chair and reading mags and papers.. but very frustrated that she cannot speak and is still immobile on the right side of her body.. she's allowed only 3 visitors at a time so I will be allocated a time on Sat afternoon and will drive down to make sure I am there. Must remember to air off a sleeping bag and reclaim my best air bed from my mate who loaned it to her daughters friends! lol How complicated can things get!! (Don't answer that!).. lol

Right.. I want to stay and write it all up but will be in such trouble.. so.. will just wish you all a lovely day doing whatever you have to do. Happy Thursday! :D catch up later xxxx

Just dropping in now to say I got goosebumps and moist eyes reading the story of your lovely date.
Am so happy for you. You're a lovely person (I can say with some authority having met you now!) and this all just sounds very, very right.
Enjoy.

Just dropping in now to say I got goosebumps and moist eyes reading the story of your lovely date.
Am so happy for you. You're a lovely person (I can say with some authority having met you now!) and this all just sounds very, very right.
Enjoy.

:D :D Thank you SO much Kate (it was fantastic to meet you on Saturday night). It feels very, very right too.. scary stuff! :eek: How goes it with your Poet?

Just wanted to say, thank you Jennie.

Saturday on the Toon!

;) Right, hold onto yer hats.. it ain't exciting but it's long!!! (and no, that's not a quote from anyone I know! ) lol

Saturday Jan 6th..

Picking up from the last update (prior to my going into cloud cuckoo land following date with Mr K )……….

Mich (bless her) had rung me to see where I was and she told me where everyone was sitting and as I walked towards the pub I could see her sitting by the window and I grinned and waved. I took some photies of the bridge etc and headed inside. It’s a big place the Piano & Pitcher (or Pitcher & Piano – I can\t remember which way ‘round it is.. ) lol and on several levels too. Well, straight to the bar and the most gorgeous looking barman (shame he knew it though) with bright sparkly eyes.. about 24.. *cough.. anyway.. he served me my pint of tap water with ice (no lemon) and off I went. There was only Mich and Sarah (her sister) there so I joined them.. and we caught up with the latest goss.. lol.. then, one by one everyone arrived.. I didn’t recognize many to be honest.. (really need to check out the gallery better next time! Lol) I instantly recognized Summerskye, Mandy, Irene and Amanda (Loopy).. but none of the others really. I’m still not sure who was there.. lol..

I was at the bar getting my second or third pint of water when Amanda arrived and I think I unnerved her a tad when I simply called her name and grinned.. lol.. The rest of the afternoon passed really quickly, people came and went, arrangements were made to meet up at 8 back at the pub. Irene and Cat (and Cats friend whose name escapes me) came with me back to my Travelodge (I don’t think I would have found my way otherwise!!) and, having shown them my choice of clothes.. lol.. they were picked up by Irene’s lovely son and her hubby (I think).. and I started to get ready.

I only had an hour as Nikki was due to arrive at 7.15 so we would have time to get back to Newcastle and park up at the Hilton’s car park. I had time for a quick bath (boy I love the bubble bath I got for Chrimbo… Blossom and Fig it is… smells lovely!..) threw on the same black top I wore to Brum (chickened out of the sparkly as felt it wasn’t Christmas anymore, and also the red one.. still not sure about how red looks on me.. lol) and did what I do best.. took the safe option.. the well trodden road.. so.. duly ready it was off to the Hilton to meet up with Mich, Sarah and Caz!

Got there no problem (thanks to Nikki’s ace directions!) and pulled up outside the hotel.. the doorman came over (there was a red carpet out ffs!!!) lol and he asked if we were for the Cerulean function.. sorely tempted to say yes and gatecrash it but think if he had seen I was wearing jeans he might not have asked in the first place.. lol.. he directed us to the underground carpark and promised to send a search party if we hadn’t reappeared within 15 minutes.. lol. We parked (again no probs! ) and found our way to reception.. There were Sarah and Mich, both looking very glam!! Nikki looked fabulous (fantastic boots!) too!

No sign of Caz though.. and, as we had discussed how terrible it was that there was no bottled water in the hotel rooms I nipped up to her room with a couple I had bought in tesco on the way back from the pub in the afternoon.. she was still getting ready!! (although now we know she was flippin on here as we sat in the foyer waitin for her! Lololol).. Helped her finish off her final preening and ushered her out the door.. (I can be such an old nag!!!)

Once all assembled I think she (Caz) took a photo.. but not sure as it was all a bit quick and Mich sorted out a couple of cabs for us (as there were 5 of us).. cabs arrived, me and Caz bundled into one of them and the others into the one in front.. the cabbie recognized Caz! Lol For petes sake the girl had only been in town 24 hours! Lolol Still, he was a friendly chap and got us there in one piece!

Back to the piano and pitcher and time to meet up with everyone.. except no one was there ‘cept us as the time had been changed to 8.30.. lol I cursed as it would have meant less dashing around, but at least this way we got to save some seats for the others as the place was already busy!

One by one they arrived, each looking SO glamourous!! I was definitely the poor relation.. lol Amanda was wearing the halter neck top that’s on her avator, and it was stunning.. Isobel looked incredible in her glitzy top and denim mini skirt.. Caz had a lovely fitted blouse on.. Gem had a black halter neck top .. can’t remember everyones outfits.. and only the tops coz we were sitting done.. lol.. not only that I tend not to notice much below the face.. force of habit from avoiding same with meself mebbe?

Anyway.. once all were assembled and nicely warmed up it was time to move to our next port of call!... Can’t remember what it was called but they were certainly very friendly in there ;) Sarah was rocking already, boy that girl has energy!! The music was pretty good.. but to be honest.. not my kinda place.. think maybe I haven’t been out enough over the years.. lol

After a while we moved on to another one.. much worse than the last I thought, but good space to dance and music was ok if only the Dj hadn’t been such a k*ob.. what is it with DJ’s ? Why can’t they play an entire track without hashing it up and being like the Dj in Peter Kay’s show?? Again.. very friendly people there ;)

In the end Nikki and I decided to go ahead to Buffalo Joes and see if we could bag the table that Isobel wanted us to sit at.. and we set off. It wasn’t too far a walk but it was cold outside.. I was glad I wore my coat! Lol When we got there we discovered it was £6 to get in!! Nikki paid for me.. (thanks again sweetheart – much appreciated) and in we went.. well.. lololol I was in a bit of a whirl to be honest.. booked in my coat and gloves and simply tried to take in the scene!

Imagine.. um.. a stage set from a western movie saloon and you have Buffalo Joes.. it was really fun! The only thing I didn’t like all that much was that the barmaids wore bikinis and leather chaps.. I kept thinking.. “if one of my girls worked here I would be mortified”, now.. I dunno why.. maybe coz I think that a little bit of mystery is a good thing for a woman to have.. and quite frankly, I don’t think it particularly hygienic to see ars*s and boobs hanging out behind a bar.. not only that but they were doing some pretty seedy dancing.. I know, I know.. I sound like a right old prude, but I’m not, honest injun (no pun intended) but these were young girls and I just felt a bit uncomfortable. That said.. they had fantastic figures and the confidence that goes with it and they all seemed very much in control and more than able to look after themselves! So.. perhaps my initial reaction was a bit severe.

The barmen, had jeans and waistcoats and hats on.. all bare-chested and did similarly seedy dancing.. and yet.. lol.. that didn’t bother me ;) rofl Maybe coz I’m a mother of daughters.. or maybe coz I would kill for a figure of one of those barmaids.. lol, although I still wouldn’t wear what they wore to serve drinks in!

Right.. the place was heaving with people.. all shapes, sizes, ages, loud music and loads of booze, it had a really fun atmosphere to it. The music was good, the floor sticky and the loos pretty good. (Important stuff eh?).. lol We (Nikki & I) couldn’t get the table as it was already taken so we loitered near the bar.. and, what do ya know., the guys got up there and did a strip!! I laughed so much.. lol.. it was the full monty (well, kinda).. I videoed the whole thing.. lololol (on my phone).

They were good sports and the crowd loved it.. loads of cheering and singing and yelling.. lol.. wish I’d taken pics instead of video, could’ve shared a couple of them.. needless to say, when they got down to their bare bones.. lol.. they weren’t really nekkid.. they had these bizarre rubber fake bums etc on them!!! That was even funnier!!!! Lol Nikki and I had first rate views! Lol

Soon after that the others arrived to join us and Sarah (westie) got chatting to the guys who were sitting at “our” table,, lol, and slowly but surely, we eased them away from it.. LOL That was where we were based for the rest of the night.. I was amazed at Sarah’s energy! She can flippin bop for Britain!! And Mich’s sister Sarah, well, with only the one good foot she did amazingly on th dance floor! (Particularly liked her rendition of disco inferno!! ;) )

Mich and Sarah got their pic taken and it kept flashing up on the telly screen and each time it did we all cheered! (you had to be there.. lol). The irish guys who Caz had met on the plane coming over, came over to chat and basically stayed put all evening. They were pleasant enough and did loads of dancing as well as gasbagging. There were folks in the club dressed up as cowgirls and French maids., marilyn Monroe.. and a very odd person dressed in white.. who.. until we saw her bra strap we couldn’t determine was male or female!

Everyone had a blast. I ended up on a distant dance floor doing a Scottish reel to “Donald Where’s Your Troosers” with a chap and then kinda jiving to something else.. lol.. I barely sat down all night.. didn’t dare as it might have meant I wouldn’t be able to get up again! Lol

It was a brilliant night out.. and when they finally kicked us all out at 3, my feet were complaining very loudly! Nikki and I said our goodnights and goodbyes.. and set off for the hotel (literally up the road).. on the way we 9well Nikki) was accosted by a Turkish gentleman who tried to persuade her to go home with him (creepy little bloke he was an all ! lol).. being the lady she is, she declined and we carried on back to the car. Ticket paid (only £3) and it was off to drop Nikki home. We had a lovely chat on the way there and I waited for her to go inside and then set off to work out how to get back to my Travelodge. I must admit, although it was a hell of a lot cheaper than the Hilton, it would have been nice to just fall into bed within 5 minutes of leaving the club.. lol.. but then, it had been a VERY tiring weekend! I got back at 4am and collapsed into bed.

Sunday 7th January

Sunday 7th January
Mr K rang to wake me… mmmm :D lovely. When we finally said goodbye I realised what a lot I had to do before leaving.. and it was already 10.30 and I had to be out by 12. I ran the bath and then quickly packed up all my stuff.. I had been shopping in the morning (did I say?) and had bought some wicked pink boots, loads of silly carnival hats, candles, birthday present for a certain young lady on here who will be 30 in August ;), and other various bits n bobs..

Had a mug of spicy tomato soup before leaving, packed everything in double quick time and bang on 12 I dropped the key in reception! Got on my way (had to head north on A1 to turn around to come south again).. as I got to the first junction I saw signs for the Angel Of the North.. and I could just see it above the road.. as I pulled off onto the slip road I thought.. sod it.. when am I ever liely to drive all this way again? So I took a slight detour and went to see it. It is the most incredible sculpture I have ever seen! It is huge!!!!! I had no idea it was so massive! I took loads of pics and if I can figure out how to add them to the gallery I will do. It was stunning.. and to stand at its feet in the blustering wind, well, it felt incredible. You know that feeling of “I’m alive!!”.. it was one of those moments.. I took in the views and was in awe and wondered what the views must be like from the Angel’s head??? After a few minutes I went back to the car and set off for home.

I’d only been driving for about an hour and a half when I knew I had to stop.. my eyes were hurting and I was really struggling to stay awake. I pulled into Ferrybridge services, no sooner had I killed the engine than I was fast asleep and dreaming. It was heaven., until some nice person (not) decided to bib their horn!! Grrr. I could only have had about 20 minutes.. so I determined to go in, use the facilities (see if they had internet access), and have a drink.

I had packed my Bouillon with me and thought if I could get a mug of hot water I could make myself a drink and still stick to the diet! So.. bless em.. Costa Coffee staff are the best! Lol I asked how much for a cup of boiled water and they said it was free! So, having scooped some bouillon into an empty chewing gum box, I got my hot water and tipped in the powder and had a yummy hot drink whilst reading the paper. This seemed to do the trick and I set off for home once again.

I had a pretty non-eventful journey home thank goodness, apart from some pretty grim weather. I did the honorable thing and rang Zoe at regular intervals to give her an approx eta so she could make sure the house was tidy, lol. I finally got home around 6pm. Absolutely exhausted! First thing I did? Came on here of course.. then my mother rang.. then my sister! Lol then my mate (she with the complicated love life) and finally I went to the pub quiz.. and you know how that panned out! Pub quiz man was a bit funny toward me but he’ll get over it.. lol

One thing that made me feel very good was that my friend Lucy said, when I took off my coat.. "I can really see the difference now Jennie" .. and you know what.. as she sees me SO often, that meant a great deal to me. :D

I was still high on the weekends frivolities and showed them the video of the cowboys.. lol.. my other friend from church (Karen) didn't seem too impressed.. LOL... but Trudy (the one who was gobby on my birthday) loved it and we had a right giggle over it! lol

As you know, we wiped the floor in the quiz and won 3 out of 4 rounds (total fluke, lol) and it was brilliant fun. I'd told Mr K about pub quiz man and said that one day he (Mr K) would have to come to the pub and meet him.. or not.. he told me that he doesn't ever get jealous.. lol.. and it wouldn't bother him if he did meet him. LOL..

I felt a bit daft coz I do get jealous - I know, it isn't pretty and it isn't clever! :D But I can't help it sometimes.. call in insecurity, inferiority complex, whatever you like.. I just do and that's how it is. So ner! lol

I think Pub Quiz man was funny coz the other week (and I can't remember if I told you or not) he said at the end.. "putyour names on your sheets and your number if you are single."... well... red rag to a bull that was! lol So I did as I was told (see, obedient to the nth degree ;) ).. and since then I think he is running scared.. ROFL

Little does he know , he is SOOO out of the running now! :D :D :D

Back