Blergh! - FatFairNForty(ish) - my diary

Finally, now I know what I did at the weekend.....thanks Jennie.....LMAO:D :D :D

Funny how the boys dancing didn't bother you.....;) Didn't bother me either......:D

Just off to bed..... made up with D ..... he's grovelled for England and is very, very, very, very, very sorry... but still no flowers......:rolleyes: :eek: :D bless he's a good man..... can't be cross for too long I'm sure I read somewhere potential date for next VFBC is April.... gotta keep me man sweet....;)

Thanks again for the lovely messages today......:D

Lots of love

Ahh, Jennie, its really nice to read about the same experience but through another persons eye's LMAO at some of it, me in the room online whilst pretending to get ready HA HA...well I am self confessed addict.

I'm with you on the get up of the gals in Buffalo Joes, putting it down to being a non practising catholic who still practises the guilt ha ha....I kept thinking if my younger sis worked there, I'd have to F'in kill her LOL....anyhow a few more doubles and I soon got over it,,,I mean how many boobs does one need flashin in the face whilst just trying to get a drink....

you know I've got to wait till Tuesday to get my photo's, I've not seen any yet, except for the ones Isobel posted from the friday nite,,,anybody else got any????

bit I forgot to say was "FFnF you are amazing the way you remember such detail, I did read in another post how you said you did it but even soo...top marks....going now, I've never asked to edit after posting, finding this incredibly entertaining, OK OK I'm blaming this on the drugs, I'll use the antibiotics as an excuse for my quirkyness as long as I can LMAO...

Last edited:
Jennie
You have described it so well that i feel I was there on the Saturday night. And just given Victoria the times of our train to Birmingham and she'll see if she can get booked too.
Irene xx

Sounds like you had a really great time.

You do have an amazing recall Jennie & you write so well too.

My version would have gone along the lines of - met everyone, had a great time, danced me feet orf, good time had by all :p

Hi Jennie, first time I've made it onto your thread, but I was trying to read a bit before posting. Then I realised it's gonna take me a while *lol* and that's not an excuse not to come on and say how fabulous you are. It was a pleasure to meet you and I am looking forward to Brum so much! Perhaps we will get a chance to have a proper chat this time?

thanks MD.. I wish I could be so succinct but have always been a bletherer! So, in a mo, I will try and cram Mon -Fri into a shorter account (as I am v tired and also off to Kent in the morning and need my beauty sleep!)

Sarah - I SO enjoyed meeting you last weekend.. and really hope we do get more time to chat in Brum. Chuffed to bits you are gonna be there! :D You're gonna love Flares.. lol I just know it.. and well done on getting into the 11's!!!

Monday 8th January
Ok, here's my attempt at keeping it brief.. Mr K gave me my wake up call (bliss), then I went to work (boring), lots of texts about our forthcoming date, lots of nerves. After work I went to Asda, bought some clothes.. 2 blouses, 2 jumpers, 2 jersey tops (one is a size 20!) and a skirt.. sizes vary from the 20 to 24 and all fit!! Bizarre.. so,. if anyone asks I am still a 24. Got some petrol on the way home then my mate with the complicated love life rang me so I picked her up from work, just got on my drive and Zoe texted to ask me to go pick her up (shopping still in boot), did that, got home (again), shopping put away then collapsed in the chair and watched the first ever episode I've ever seen of "Bones", brilliant programme! Anyway,, had to take the Christmas decs down, so I did that.. why does it take as long to get them down as put them up? Anyway,. did that, jumped on here and tried to update diary a bit.. very very very nervous about date with Mr K on Tuesday! The doorbell rang, it was a freakin takeaway!! Zoe's fella had ordered it, I almost turned them away then the penny dropped so I called for him to come and pay.. it smelt SO good!! Had very confused emotions about Mr K and was likely to stay on here all night but there were a series of powercuts so I went to bed! Didn't sleep well.. you guessed it.. nerves about meeting Mr K! When the power came back on (just as I was about to get into bed) the lights were all very dim and pc wouldn't fire up so that decided it. Flippin 1am Tuesday morning and the damn dog woke me to go out! GRRR!! It was horrendously windy and, as the bins were out, I could hear rubbish rolling around on the pavements! Didn't look out though. Curled up with me leccy blanky and eventually got off to a fitful sleep.

Tuesday 9th January
Woke up a nervous wreck and basically stayed that way all day! Mr K called to wake me again.. really is such a nice way to start the day! lol Got ready for work, opened the front door and the rubbish!!! It had all collected on my driveway!! (It had been whipped out of the recycle boxes put out by my neighbours). I quickly got into the car and took Zoe to her lift and went to work. Another pretty unproductive morning (can't seem to concentrate much at the moment).. after work I dashed home and got ready for the gym.. did my session there and felt pretty good actually, broke into a sweat on the cross trainer (I love it but it is tough) and on the treadmill too.. so.. must be doing something right.. my instructor showed me how to use some of the resistance machines so I had a go on them and that was ok. No aches or pains from this time of going to the gym, I reckon this guy knows his stuff!! Was supposed to go and pay mortgage but had to dash home from the gym , get changed, jump back in the car and go for my weigh in. Only 2lbs off but that was ok as normally I would be happy with that. Rang Mr K to let him know and we chatted as I drove home. VERY nervous about date. Was running so late I called Mr K and agreed to meet half an hour later than originally planned. Then had my date with him.. (I don't like writing this so briefly, there were all kinds of things going on in my head all damn day! ho hum.. need to get this done!).. so.. on to my date.. well.. that is well documented.. lol

Wednesday 10th January
Very tired.. but happy. Loads of thought whirling around.. can this be happening.. is it real.. why didn't I shift that other 2.4lbs,.. lol..wake up call again from my lovely man.. then had to sit and wait for British Gas to come and check my boiler as my meter has been charging me a fiver a day!!! Well, he came, he checked, he left.. said all was well and that if it continued then it must be a faulty meter.. very reassuring!! lol In fairness, he did a very thorough job and I'm happy the boiler and heating is all A ok. Was supposed to do some work, butyou know what.. my heart isn't into it right now.. and that bothers me loads.

My friend Richard (from Kent) rang to check I was still wanting to visit Debbie this weekend so I said yes, definitely (and hope it isn't too long a drive as am still recovering from last weekend's marathon!).. I talked to Mr K about 'Eric'.. and told him about Eric's suggestion that we meet up and I give him his Christmas parcels in person.. and that I had declined.. he (Mr K) seemed pleased (although he has gone to great lengths to tell me that he is never jealous). We talked about football and films and oh, all sorts of things.. and began to plan our next 'date'. Not sure what time I got to sleep but again, it was a fitful night.

Thursday 11th January
Mr K, bless him, rang to wake me. (have I said how nice this is? ;) ) He really is a softie.

Well, it was off to work early (Zoe decided she wasn't going in to college!).. this time I got stuck in though and achieved loads! I was very pleased and vowed that this is how it has to be from now on.. I know I'm looking for something else, but I want to knock things back into shape and up to date for if and when I do go! So.. very positive morning really. Apart from a major wobble about Mr K. Will maybe expand on that another time.. needless to say it had me in tears and him on the phone reassuring me.. not good.. :( Oh well. Anyway, as it was Thursday it was gym day again.. worked even harder than ever and he showed me another 3 machines so I have nearly my entire programme written up for me there.. it is hard but feels good! I had no time to change this time and shot off to see the nurse for my regular fortnightly check.. she was dead chuffed as I had lost another (by her scales) 7kgs in the fortnight.. which doesn't collate with Ailsa's so it's just as well I use Ailsa's as my marker.. lol.. but better than that,.. it was my first BP check since coming off the medication and it was 119/73 which apparantly is perfect! So.. I was thrilled and so was she! lol After that it was time to get to the post office (skin of the teeth) and send a card to a certain birthday girl in the Toon.. ;) and then dash to the ironmongers and buy some dog food.. (oh, dog wet the landing last night!!! God alone knows why!! I was NOT happy!!) AND.. before the gym etc.. when I got in from work I made my soup up, and a pint of water, muffin in microwave (have to have 2 packs more than an hour prior to gym) and the bluddy cat jumped from the top of the fridge onto the worktop taking out the pint of water AND my soup in one hit!!! It went everywhere!! All up the walls, the cupboards, into the cutlery drawer, down the drwer fronts.. all over the floor.. all over ME!!! (my new blue boots AND my brand freakin new red jumper that I wore for the first time that morning!!!)... I swear.. if that cat hadn't have gone out of the cat flap.. well.. let's just say.. my boot would have had to be surgically removed!! I was seriously cheesed off!!!

It took me ages to clean up and wipe the work tops, the microwave, all cutlery in the dishwasher.. drawer fronts and walls wiped down.. I was NOT a happy bunny!!!

So..where was I before my little rant.. oh yes.. got dog food and then home. Fed dog (he seemed pleased) lol.. and started clearing up the rest of the kitchen.. (Zoe had been cooking again!!). Think that I may have a cold coming.. not feeling great and very watery eyed.. or is that all to do with Mr K??? hmm... lots to think about on that front.. ;)

take it easy Jennie. Take it all in your stride, including the dealings with Mr. Kettle.

Your fortitude with CD is enough to demonstrate that "aint no mountain high enough".

(((hugs))))

and so to today.. Friday January 12th

You guessed it.. lol..Mr K rang to wake me.. :D I do love his early morning calls.. they put a smile on my face and a spring in my step..

So., as Zoe doesn't go to college on Fridays I took more time over getting ready for work and put on my new size 20 jersey top and one of my favourite T-shirts over the top. I love the colour of it more than anything else.. it's sort of a peachy/coral kind of tone. Right.. off to work and once again, got stuck in! Loads done and loads still to do. My friend Rachael called in and we exchanged Christmas presents.. she said how nice it was to see me happy again :D I must confess.. for the most part I do feel happy these days! :D Must be something in the air.. ;)

Work done (an extra hour) and it was off to pay the mortgage. Normally I get very nervous about this trip as (and forgive me if I am repeating myself) but I was followed by a man once when I went to make this trip, and for the one and only time in my life, I felt in real and grave danger. So, subsequent trips have been pretty difficult. I have left it very late in the month and am cross about that but at least I managed it this time! I have to walk past Evans and they had Sale signs up.. so I went in.. do youknow something?? I am so cheesed off about this.. lol.. I love to wear stockings and suspenders.. yes, I know.. even at my size, but I do.. and for months now I have been trying to buy some new stockings from evans (as that is where I have always bought them) and would you believe it.. they still sell sussy belts but NO stockings!!! How mad is that!!!???

I huffed at them and pouted but it got me nowhere.. lololol.. so I decided that when I have lost enough I shall have to nip into Anne Summers or somewhere else and buy some normal sized ones.. see., I hate tights.. all that leg rubbing at the top and friction burns,,.I'm amazed I haven't caught fire!! ;)

I left Evans empty-handed.. and headed for the building society.,.mortgage paid and it was into the bank next door and pay in cheques for work.. then into the bank next door to them and pay in my wages cheque (will take a week to clear!!).. so at least that's those jobs done now!

Nipped into Woolworths.. why does the chocolate look so much tastier when it's half price??? Anyway.. managed to resist the monster boxes of Guilyan chocs and party cases of everything else and bought some more ramekin dishes (to make muffins in) and a new bath mat.. exciting eh;) ?

Then it was home (via the petrol station to make sure I have a full tank for the morning).. copy of The Times and home at last. Mr K has been in my head all day.. I have so much going on up there.. I want to share it all with you but it's not a dating diary, its my weight loss diary.. but maybe I'll share some of it..

Anyway, checked the top of the fridge for the cat and made my soup and a muffin and sat down with them and a pint of water.. and 'Bones' was on! Managed to watch that and then fell asleep in the chair! Only to be woken by Sarah who is dead chuffed with herself (and rightly so) as she has handed in a major piece of work today at Uni :D She was in the mood to chat, I was in the mood to sleep.. lol.. I listened (but with my eyes closed).

I fell asleep again as soon as we said cheerio and then the doorbell rang and it was one of Zoes friends.. so I took the time to look through the jobs paper I had picked up last night.. lots of interesting jobs going. The problem is..well.. I have lots of qualifications but little working confidence any more.. I know you probably won't believe that, but it's true.

On paper I can flippin almost work miracles.. in reality I shy away from responsibility and stress.. and have hidden my light under a bush for so many years now I think it's almost gone out! So.. I need to dust off my CV, revamp it and get applying.

I rang about the london job again and still have heard nothing.. but I'll keep trying! In the meantime I'll hunt for something else.. if nothing else the interviews will be good practice, and they are the reason I bought the new clothes as I want to look smart.

Mr K rang on his way home from work.. he is very tired tonight, particularly tough time for him but things will get better in time. We had a conversation about a number of things.. some of which I have been thinking lots about. Too much. lol So.. I need to just step back and have a good hard think. As I said.. loads I want to share with you about my emotions.. but not sure I can. *sigh

Having woken fully from my armchair dreaming I decided to get on with some chores.. that way when I go in the morning to Ashford I shan't feel bad about the way I have left things.. lol.. so. I vacc'ed and polished downstairs.. cleaned the cloakroom... tidied up (yet again) in the kitchen and oh yeah, I did a load of washing before work this morning and what a pillock! I put a new red top in with everything.. and one of my favourite blue and white tops is now pink and white!! I am gutted as I wanted to wear it tomorrow!! Might have to wash my coral t-shirt and wear that again.. it's the colour.. it's lovely!

So.. housework done.. it was time to get on here..and here I have stayed.. apart from some time with Mr K in msn land.. although I didn't have his undivided attention as he was also visiting the site we met through at the same time..

I have a bit of a problem with that as I like to give him 100% attention as much as I can.. so I have this thing called my GEM (green-eyed-monster) which pops up and whispers really nasty stuff in my ear and tries to convince me that the women on the site will be after him all the time.. especially while I am away.. I hate my GEM.. she is so destructive. I think she only makes an appearance because I am so afraid of being hurt again. And believe me, Mr K has the potential to hurt me BIG style.. and not because he is horrid or anything, but quite the opposite! Because he is SO lovely!

I feel very very scared at the moment, and about as vulnerable as a gal can get! and yet... it feels so good.. he is so lovely.. he is out of practice with dealing with affection and real true heartfelt emotions.. it's going to take him time to fall naturally into this wave of deep affection.. I don't want to lose him by being a jealous and insecure bint.. so am gonna try and focus on all the positives.. and look forward.. dream good dreams.. think positive thoughts..

the thing is.. I really like him.. and I mean REALLY like him.. and he tells me that he REALLY likes me too.. and I want to believe him.. because he is doing everything he can to show me he does... and yet there is still that horrid hurting history of mine that nags me to hang back.. but you know what..? I don't want to.. we only have one crack at this life and it is NOW!!

God my head is all over the place tonight.. a mixture of fatigue and emotion.. and also dread about tomorrow and what I will find when I go to see my darling friend.. I so wish that I was just going down for a fun weekend.. but I'm not.. and I shall be thinking of the others on this site who will be visiting family and friends in hospitals too..

I've stuck to the diet today ok... but I do so want to eat something.. proper food.. I had to drive past Pizza Hut twice today.. and it was even more tempting than usual.. so I'm glad the lights were green so I could just pass it by fairly quickly.

I'm taking all my packs with me tomorrow and have told Richard not to cater for me.. am glad that I won't need to take the sleeping bag and airbed after all.. he is at his dad's place which is a very big house with plenty bedrooms and I shall sleep comfortably! I'm glad as I didn't fancy sleeping on the floor,but I would've! lol Also.. today.. my mate Simon rang me to say he was ill and so we wouldn't be going to the wedding next weekend!

I have mixed feelings about this.. and later on he texted me to say we were going but not staying at the hotel but I can stay at his flat instead.. NO WAY!!!

I took the advice of a friend and told him that if we weren't staying over then I wasn't going as I didn't want to face all that driving without proper rest (which is true as he would want to drink and I would end up driving and I'm not playing taxis!). So.. we spoke later on this evening and it transpires that he got Moroccan Flu whilst on hols in Spain and it wiped out his bank balance as he had to pay for his treatment so he can't afford the hotel AND the petrol!! So.. not only did he expect me to do all the driving (its an hour to his place from here first!).. but.. he also expected me to foot the bill!! cheeky sod! lol So.. I'm not going and that damn dress was a complete waste of money.. it will be too big to wear soon AND I have no functions to wear it to now!!

I am NOT pleased.. it really hasn't been the best of days..! So.. on that sour and negative note I'm off to bed.. (well, have to read some more threads first of course..) and then bed.. Mr K is ringing me in the morning.. :D You know what.. the thought of that makes all the crappiness vanish into a puff of smoke.. :D

I will share more about my mixed emotions another time.. they really are VERY muddled.. and I don't want them to be.. :(

Night night.. and thanks you guys for being with me on this.. I couldn't do it without you all. If you have faith of any kind.. do me a favour please.. pray my mate improves and that my GEM will go away and stay away and that Mr K and I are right for one another.. because even though it feels like we are.. GEM and my hurts are not helping!

Thanks, you are the best xxxxxxxx See you Sunday sometime! Night night all xx

Jennie
I am thinking of you. And i really hope when you see your mate tomorrow she is much improved. i also hope your GEM goes away and that Mr K and you are right for each other. Only time will tell.

Take care tomorrow and drive carefully
Irene xx

Hi

Wishing you a safe trip down to Kent tomorrow, I'm in East Sussex so give us wave and a coooeeee, the winds pretty strong so I reckon it'll blow across the boundary.

Will wave as I go by, promise :D :D

take it easy Jennie. Take it all in your stride, including the dealings with Mr. Kettle.

Your fortitude with CD is enough to demonstrate that "aint no mountain high enough".

(((hugs))))

Bless your heart my friend.. thank you ((((hugs)))))) am going to pop on to your diary before my eyes close for the night! xxxx

Jennie
I am thinking of you. And i really hope when you see your mate tomorrow she is much improved. i also hope your GEM goes away and that Mr K and you are right for each other. Only time will tell.

Take care tomorrow and drive carefully
Irene xx

Thanks Irene.. I think my GEM needs putting in a crusher, lol.. and yes.. time WILL tell.. :D

I'll drive carefully and listen to some good upbeat music too :D

Thanks all.. gonna miss ya tomorrow! This site really is so important! Big hugs to you all . xx

PS... how cool is that! My first proper multi-quote (been picking up pointers from other diarists! lol ;) )

Safe journey hun and hope that Debbie is improving all the time......:) Drive carefully and keep safe...... and you know my opinion on GEM so I ain't even gonna go there.....:rolleyes:

(ps - did you see that if you email your pics to Isobel she will post them for you?)

Lots of love

Jennie, have a safe trip tomorrow, we will miss you!

As to GEM and Mr K, please try not to over analyse (says she who is the worst culprit!). If you are ready to share the source of your mixed emotions you will, and you know we will all be here for you. Just don't force yourself - go with the flow darling!

Morning Jennie, well since talking to you on the phone tonight, I decided since I was wide awake that I'd find those before photos of ya, and where better to start searching but at page 1 of your diary...LOL...I know ya now girl, its 4.40am and i've been reading since about 1.30am...loved every minute of it...don't know who's madder, me or you...Anyhow found the pics the change is amazing even the recent one, looks like a before compared to the way I saw you in Newcastle.

Well mission accomplished, I'm going to try to sleep, I'm getting hungry its nearly time for breakfast yet i've not slept yet..that'll teach me to have a 3hr sleep in the evening.

Hope you have a safe trip and that your friend is on the road to recovery..

Oh,
Just caught up with you now.
Sending healing vibes to your friend
and to you, because GEM and the history of hurts are all about things that haven't healed really and one of the best ways of them healing is in a secure, committed, loving relationship. And you and Mr K have the possibility/probability of it opening out right in front of you which is both intoxicating and joyful and wonderful and scary (because of how you'll both have to feel some hurts again in order for them to be healed, and because it takes work and time).
And you share so much with us in your weight loss diary, the whole journey really, because people are whole and maybe some of your weightloss and emotional life are connected, and I hope if you feel ready to say more you know (I know you know) that there's lots of support and love for you on this site, just like the support and love you give out to others.

Kate x

Safe journey hun and hope that Debbie is improving all the time......:) Drive carefully and keep safe...... and you know my opinion on GEM so I ain't even gonna go there.....:rolleyes:

Thanks Mich :D as always - you talk sense! ;)

I was so pleased to see Debbie but also came away very saddened.. will expand tomorrow when I've had some sleep.

Jennie, have a safe trip tomorrow, we will miss you!

As to GEM and Mr K, please try not to over analyse (says she who is the worst culprit!). If you are ready to share the source of your mixed emotions you will, and you know we will all be here for you. Just don't force yourself - go with the flow darling!
Flippin heck.. you know what.. that's almost word for word what mr K told me when I told him about GEM.. lol so.. I will do my best to take heed! :eek: Thanks Sarah.. :D

Morning Jennie, well since talking to you on the phone tonight, I decided since I was wide awake that I'd find those before photos of ya, and where better to start searching but at page 1 of your diary...LOL...I know ya now girl, its 4.40am and i've been reading since about 1.30am...loved every minute of it...don't know who's madder, me or you...Anyhow found the pics the change is amazing even the recent one, looks like a before compared to the way I saw you in Newcastle.

Well mission accomplished, I'm going to try to sleep, I'm getting hungry its nearly time for breakfast yet i've not slept yet..that'll teach me to have a 3hr sleep in the evening.

Hope you have a safe trip and that your friend is on the road to recovery..

LOL.. well.. as for who's madder.. jury is still out on that one! lol ;) Glad you enjoyed reading my diary and now, yep, you know me! lololol Thanks for the kind words about the photies too :eek: :) .. hope you got sleep and are feeling LOADs better now! I'll be updating on here tomorrow.. I need sleep! (Didn't get to sleep until about 4am today... !!!):eek:

Oh,
Just caught up with you now.
Sending healing vibes to your friend
and to you, because GEM and the history of hurts are all about things that haven't healed really and one of the best ways of them healing is in a secure, committed, loving relationship. And you and Mr K have the possibility/probability of it opening out right in front of you which is both intoxicating and joyful and wonderful and scary (because of how you'll both have to feel some hurts again in order for them to be healed, and because it takes work and time).
And you share so much with us in your weight loss diary, the whole journey really, because people are whole and maybe some of your weightloss and emotional life are connected, and I hope if you feel ready to say more you know (I know you know) that there's lots of support and love for you on this site, just like the support and love you give out to others.

Kate x

Awwww Kate... thank you.. I've read and re-read this post, and you know what.. you are in touch with what's going on in this head and heart of mine for sure! Thank you. I appreciate the sentiment and the support. :eek: :)

Back