Blergh! - FatFairNForty(ish) - my diary

Whatever your faith / belief system please send positivity and prayers, vibes, whatever you want to call it or them, to my darling friends Lucy and Pete today at 3pm. They will need courage and strength beyond measure to get through the day. Also their families - especially their parents and Lucy's grandma. Thank you. xxxxxx

My beautiful friends Lucy and Pete were married this afternoon in her room in the hospital. They were surrounded by family and a handful of their closest friends. The rest of us waiting for news in the hospital Chapel and, when we heard they were pronounced husband and wife we all cheered. Then there were 2 simultaneous communion services - 1 in her room and 1 in the chapel. It was the most poignant and emotional communion services I have ever been in. I did one of the readings - at the start of the service, and, managed to get the construction workers on the adjacent site to stop for half an hour so we could do Lucy and Pete justice in a peaceful environment. They were very sweet and did so willingly. After the service we all took it in turn to go up to the ward, sign their wedding guest book and see the happy couple together. Everyone managed to keep it together in front of the pair of them, but the second we got out of earshot and sight we were all awash.

It was so so so sad and I felt truly honoured to have had the chance to see them. I am sad not to have been able to witness the blessing but those of us who were in the chapel shared memories and a few chuckles whilst we waited.

Lucy drifted in and out of consciousness and the day exhausted her, she was incredibly brave, and I noticed that they have taken out the chest drain, her drips and canulars.

We all are acutely aware that it is only probably a matter of hours.

In their original wedding invitations they asked for donations towards a Classroom for Oxfam (total cost £1700). I promised them today that it will happen. To this end, I have arranged, on their original wedding date of July 16th, a fundraiser/celebration/party. There will be a classroom for Oxfam by the end of it. I made a promise to my dying friend and her husband and, as anyone who knows me knows, I do not break my promises and I never make them lightly.

My lovely Lucy will soon be gone but, just like our darling Sarah, she will never ever ever be forgotten or far from our thoughts.

just got a text from Pete:

"I have some very sad news about Lucy. I'm sorry to say that she is no longer with us, but is at peace. Please be thankful for the time we had had, pray for us all in love and be confident in where she is now. Please understand if I take no calls. God bless. Pete"

Much love and prayers:hug99:

There are no words to express how sorry and sad I feel

Let me know how to contribute to the fundraising in July.

xxx

Im so so so sorry, but im glad that she managed to get married to her true love, and that she'll join our beautiful Sarah.. So many angels in heaven tonight =(

Hearing about Lucy and Peter's wedding has touched all our hearts, I can see why the marriage went ahead, even in the saddest of circumstances..... now he'll always be able to refer to Lucy as his wife. I was very sad last night when I read your update, I shed a few tears. Such a tragic love story brings home how precious every second that we spend with those we love is..... may she rest in peace....

Sincere condolences to you, her family and friends. xx

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This helped me through a friends passing, I hope it helps you too.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]To Those I Love
If I should ever leave you whom I love
To go along the Silent Way, grieve not,
Nor speak of me with tears, but laugh and talk
Of me as if I were beside you there.
(I'd come-- I'd come, could I but find a way!
But would not tears and grief be barriers?)
And when you hear a song or see a bird
I loved, please do not let the thought of me
Be sad... for I am loving you just as
I always have... You were so good to me!
There are so many things I wanted still
To do-- so many things to say to you...
Remember that I did not fear... It was
Just leaving you that was so hard to face...
We cannot see beyond... But this I know:
I loved you so-- 'twas heaven here with you!
~ Isla Paschal Richardson
[/FONT]

Thoughts and prayers with you and the others who will miss her.

Back