Blergh! - FatFairNForty(ish) - my diary

I just logged on having been out since posting my 'GOAL' message... you lot are the best... I am so so touched. I cried when Ailsa told me the results on the scales and have been pretty emotional all evening to be honest... it's been an exhausting day and lots has happened... (will share another time).. but the absolute absolute highlight (apart from with Ailsa) was posting on here and seeing the continued support and encouragement from everyone. I know I'm now entering a new and highly challenging part of my 'journey' but hope that you will continue to support me as I venture onto the maintenance route... not going to move my diary.. but will keep it going! It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings remember... and she doesn't exist any more so it ain't ever gonna be over ! :D :D :D

Sharon... thank you for posting that photo... I don't recognise myself... very very bizarre!

:party0023:Well done Jen. :D

You deserve it! :D

TOTALLY, TOTALLY, TOTALLY

AWESOME!!!!

:wow::wow::wow::happy096:

You look amazing and deserve all the happiness in the world!

I've taken the liberty of attaching this wonderful photo of you in that incredible Saturday night outfit for anyone who isn't sure how tiny and beautiful you look now.

Thank you, again, for your thoughtfulness yesterday which has pride of place on my mantlepiece as I type.

Much love, darling!

A wonderful picture there Summerskye.

You look absolutely gorgeous SFnF! [SlimFairnForty(ish)] :D

:happy096::happy096::happy096::happy096::happy096::happy096::happy096:
:happy036::happy036:

:party0038:

:clap:

:worthy:

gvnerjgbnv.gif

jen you are an absolute star
well done matey
so so inspired by your achievements
kaz :gen126:

Jennie you are an absolute star, what a fantastic achievement, so thrilled for you hun, you deserve it.
xxxxxxx

oh my! have just had a look at your gallery - it brings a tear to see how much you have achieved and how well you have done! My heart felt congratulations x

Congratulations on reaching your goal - you are truly an inspiration to all us strugglers:D:D:D:D

Thank you - kind of an update

Thank you, all of you. You're really kind. I got such a surprise when I got home from work today - the most gorgeous bunch of flowers and a card from a lovely friend on here - you know who you are - thank you, you're a very special lady xxxx

Had a difficult day - on top of everything else over the last few days I made the decision to not see Footy man again and had to tell him today, which I did. He didn't take it that well. Also, saw Fisherman last night and knew it wouldn't be fair to see him again so have just come off the phone to him. :( He was lovely about it, as I hoped he would be, asked me why, and, instead of actually telling him I don't fancy him (which I don't) I told him it was his age (which did bother me too) and that I'm not ready for a full on relationship (which I don't think I am) and I don't actually think he is either (I discovered last night that his marriage only ended a few months ago and he is on all kinds of meds to help him cope with it all). Bless him, he was a darling about it. So.. that's them sorted out.

At Birmingham, on the Saturday night, when Kat (Kitteh) and I were at the club dancing, I met a chap from Brum. He was really cool (I thought) and for me, stood out from the crowd. He wasn't drunk or outrageous.. just kinda laid back and cool. We got talking and he asked me to take his number and call him as he didn't have his phone on him and was just leaving with his mate. I did and when we all got back to lobby I rang him. We met the next day (after booking out of the hotel, loading car up and saying goodbye to all) for a 'quick' lunchtime diet coke and chat at a nearby pub. We ended up sitting in the sunshine nattering for 3 hours (seems to be a pattern here...) and then I had to go and so did he so he asked me to keep in touch and I said I would. He texted me later (as I was driving home) and we have exchanged texts yesterday and again today too. He's a nice man (I think), very interesting. Shares lots of the same kind of ideals as me. Very intelligent too and humerous and deep thinking but not boring or arrogant , just not shallow and superficial.. works in education - and is humerous too. I think we will be firm friends if nothing else and will have lots of discussions about all kinds of things.. we sat and talked about society and kids and nature and music.. and, well, loads really.

He's a 'normal' bloke, if you know what I mean. Totally single, 47, lives in his own place, teaches adults, has very nice blue eyes (Lord I'm such a mug for blue eyes!) - which I didn't notice in the club as didn't get up close and personal. Not the kind of guy I would normally be attracted to I don't think.. he's very slim and has a kind of a beard thing going on... same kind of beard as Noel Edmonds ... sort of... ish... smart dresser too... well.. nice shirts. :) Smelt good too... caught a whiff as greeted and parted.

Anyway, he was very pleasant company and was as laid back as I thought and I still think he's a cool dude. lol He thinks I'm lovely (which is nice).. lol.. and told me Sat night that I looked like I had a high-powered job and was very classy and clearly not a local! lol Anyway, just thought I'd bring things up to speed on the man front... not been on the dating site in ages... not really interested. Too busy at the moment to be bothered with men who a) get too clingy and b) want more than I'm prepared to give. Oh, and spoke to S yesterday - he said he would call today and hasn't... some things never change eh... :rotflmao:

My mate Si (who had the BBQ t'other weekend) rang tonight and he's offered to take the clothes rail to Blueeyes with me (Si is about 6ft 4 and built like a brick you know what!) Must admit, don't want to see Blueeyes again so having someone with me to drop rail off would be very good!

It's been a very emotional few weeks and I haven't really written about it all fully... perhaps I will when life settles a bit. (In October!)

Great news though, my friend who visited from Wales, she rang me today, she started on the diet (Cambridge) last week and has lost 11lbs this week and is over the moon :D How ace is that! She'll be SSing at the 'bike rally in 2 weeks and I'll be on 790 but as I'll still be having my 3 packs a day, we can do that bit together. I'm so pleased for her as she was very depressed about her weight and has probably got about 6 or 7 stone to lose. She wasn't going to tell me so she could surprise me, but, like me, she was bursting to share her news :D I'm glad she did. Am so happy for her and she's finding it easy too which is a mega bonus!

I'm off for an early night - am so tired. Will catch up more tomorrow but have manic remainder of week ahead... thanks again everyone. You're lovely xxxxx

Last edited:
Day 1 of steps toward maintenance...

Had my 3 packs (love the new choc orange made into a muffin - heaven on a plate!!!) and some chicken and spinach and courgettes... yummy.

Looking forward to tomorrow and my 3oz of fish with cabbage and watercress and some more spinach :D

Night night

hi you :)
I guess you know from your own experience just how much diaries like your own can inspire relatively new folk, but just in case WELL DONE and thank you. Wow.

Congratulations on getting to your goal, what an amazing achievement!! :party0019:

Silly time to be trying to update but just in the mood to do so! lol

2.30am Friday Been in about an hour...

Last few days have been manic to say the least... thank you for all your lovely comments, it's all a bit surreal at the moment.

Sticking to AAM somehow is easier than ever before - perhaps knowing it is the last time is what's helping.. then again.. it's not the weekend yet!

Had a yummy dinner of sliced courgettes and mushrooms cooked in the George Foreman, along with 80g of fish... followed by one of my scrummy choc mint muffins... methinks that I may struggle to give up me muffins!!! lol Especially now I've tried the choccy orange one!! DELICIOUS!!!

Anyway... just in a nutshell... been out and about... gig tonight in Leicester was absolutely fantastic, only problem is, on the drive up there I had to brake very hard and my camera flew into the footwell of the car and doesn't work now!!! Disaster!!!! Really gutted... so not sure what to do as Wedding to go to Saturday and no feckin camera!! Also - major weekend next weekend seeing mates of oodles of years for the first time in 4 years... no way can I go without a camera!!! Hmm... can see the old American Express coming into use!!! Poo!!

Gig was Brian Houston at a fab little venue called The Musician... will drone on more later... last night was my night with the 'bike club. PQM bottled out so I got to go out on Fitbloke's bike after all!! WOOOHOOOO is all I can say!! lol Am still grinning!!! Bloomin' marvellous ride!! Great night, offered to let me sit on his bike anytime!! (RESULT!!) lol

Then I had to drive to Hatfield to get Zoe... got in at 2am and have been a zombie all day -tried to kip - no good... so... up 'til ridiculous o'clock again now. Cancelled all plans for Friday night and Sunday too... MUST get accounts done and loads of sleep!! So... best shuffle off up there now! Just buzzing still from 2 amazing nights!

Ain't life brilliant at times!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Hey hey sexy miss.. been trying to ring you.. but im thinking i might have your number wrong..
Had a fab time meeting you.. as always..!! hehe..
I heard about the goal weight.. which is why ive been trying to get in touch.. but to be honest.. im a bit useless..
Loads of hugs and kisses..
Cat x x

Back