Blergh! - FatFairNForty(ish) - my diary

Day 21 - weigh in today - anticipation!

Well, it's day 21 at last.. lol I'm really looking forward to catching up with Ailsa and also finding out how much has gone! :D

Off to the nurse this afternoon too to have BP checked and take her the info from Ailsa about Cambridge - can't wait to see her reaction when she sees how much I've lost since my last check 2 weeks ago hee hee hee!:p

Feeling very cold this morning :rolleyes: - need to buy some gloves! I know my mum's bought me some for my birthday next month but I think I will have frostbite by then and as typing is a HUGE part of my livelihood I think it's time for another trip to Asda (especially as I'm down to my last 2 bottles of Perfectly Clear).;)

Already bad a "muffin" for breakky -:) yummy, toffee & walnut flavour really is nice!!! Smells better than some! lol:D

Will be back on after my weigh in later!:eek: Fingers crossed it's a good un although I know to be realistic.. 3 or 4lbs would be marvellous!! ;)

Had a nightmare with car buyer last night but will share about that later...:mad: :eek:

Glad you liked the "sumo-wipe" comment - ;)

Good Luck for your weigh in x

Hello
I just want to say that i've just started reading your diary, page 2 at the mo and im hooked! Its brill!
Have to stop now for school pick up, but i'll be back to finish what i've started! :D

3rd weigh in - done and dusted

Right, here goes... better late than never!:rolleyes:

Went to see Ailsa for my weigh in and I've lost another 2.5lbs!:)

Not bad I suppose, I mean, to be honest, I knew it couldn't be phenomenal again!

I am a tad disappointed BUT then she measured me and I have lost 12.5 inches (from assorted areas) from my body!!:eek:

I do feel like my shape is changing and when I went into my pharmacy today the lady there said she had seen me drive past her the other day and had done a double take because she thought it was me but slimmer! lol :p I must admit, I hugged the poor woman and grinned all the way home.:D

So... headfirst into week 4 and hoping it flies by so I can do my Add A Meal next week... I went shopping in Asda on the way back and cleared them out of Perfectly Clear again.. lol (strawb & kiwi only)... also bought some fresh haddock, turkey steaks, quorn pieces, frozen brocolli and caulifower, pickled cabbage, 3 different fat free craft salad dressings and an entire trolley full of food for my daughter Zoe (she was with me and picked it all for herself).. I have to confess... it was hard by the time we got to the biscuits and crips aisle I could feel my will to live traipsing back in the dairy section!!!:eek:

Still... she has all she needs for at least a fortnight and I have all my raw ingredients ready - tomorrow I'm going to cut them into 2oz, 3oz... whatever the correct amount is...portions and freeze them individually so it is easy when I come to cook them next week!

Am still determined and even dreamt last night that my elder girl (sarah) cam home from uni at Christmas and when she hugged me she got a huge shock because I had lost so much weight!!!... :eek: :rolleyes: :D ;)

Off to bed now - very very heavy week workwise and my friends seem to be particularly needy too.. AND I got hassle from the boyfriend of the woman who bought my car! Can do without that thank you very much!:mad: :rolleyes:

So, goodnight, God bless and will catch up very soon.

Thanks for all your kind words of encouragement xxx

3rd weigh in last night - disappointed but determined

So Day 22 dawns and I am freezing! Sitting at work typing with woolly gloves on! (and my winter coat and scarf!!) NOT in the mood for this morning- major accounts work to be done, but thank goodness I have the help of a smashing chap to do it! I haven't a clue what I'm doing to be honest:rolleyes: ,, I mean... it make sense when he's here and helping me... but on me tod?:eek: nope... instant memory loss!;)

My mate is in crisis at the moment :( and I am torn because she is really really down but won't get any help and it's becoming more and more frustrating.. I feel powerless to help her! So I do what I can, sit and listen... tell her a few home truths (very very very gently) and try to help her a little each day.

It's far too complicated to share about it all, but, the basics are, she has never come to terms with her ex leaving her 7 years ago for another women, who he then married and now is separated from, and is seeing my mate again but without any committment!!! Makes my blood boil because he is on to a good thing whilst at the same time destroying her with false hope. :mad:

Yesterday seemed to disappear ... I left the house at 7.45am and didn't get home properly (popped back to let dog out after seeing nurse)... until almost 9!!

Popped on to msn to see if my saturday date was about, he wasn't until I showed as online and then he messaged me and another hour and a half flew by in banter and laughter.

I am so looking forward to Saturday evening.:) Think I might wear thermals though as we may got to a firework display! :eek: (Just goes to show, I'm gonna stick to the 4 date rule!) lol... although I might extend it to 6...depending on what happens around my birthday time... ;) :D

Not looking forward to that too much...:eek: last year I was going out with a gorgeous man (who sadly in the following May decided he "can't commit to a relationship any more":( ) and this year... well.. might suggest that me and my mates hit the wine bar... or not.;) Dunno yet, might go to Wales to visit my lovely friends Wes & Janine. (They are the best people ever!). Will definitely ensure a weekend of laughter! But it would mean not seeing my Zoe .. and I would hate that..:confused:

Not the same when there's no food involved either - might go to the piccies... that would be good! OR .. bowling! Haven't been bowling in flaming years!!!! OOh, now my brain is defrosting.... :D

Well... better get ready to do these accounts... it's one of those jobs you know HAS to be done but are so scared of you avoid like the plague until it just hits you in the face!:rolleyes: :eek:

Hope everyone else is having a great week/day...:)

Hi FFF, glad to hear you are defrosting:)

I don't know if it would help but my mum runs somethng called divorce recovery workshop (DRW) which also helps people come to terms with seperation - not just divorce. It is small groups of people all in the same situation, although some are newly sep'd, a lot go after many years when they finally accept they need to deal with it in their head to be able to move on. It obviously isn't to everyones tastes but I know that all those that complete the workshop find some kind of closure. The UK Divorce Recovery Workshop self-help group for the separated or divorced Didn't mean to sound patronising, just that this is a subject close to our families hearts & know how much it can help. It is a national charity and there are workshops/courses all over the country. It has a big social scene too:) .

Congrats on your loss so far - I started at the same time as you and then gave up. Back now with a vengeance tho':D .

Last edited:
Finished!!!!!!
I read it all, its been said before but you do write well!

I'll join you in the feeling cold, im only on day 3 and im freezing!
Well done on your weigh in, you've done brilliantly so far! :D

23rd day and feeling it... so looking forward to AAM!

:D Good morning!

Well, it's bloomin' freezing!:eek:

Good job I'm not going on a date today as I've got me thermal long johns on, trousers, an extra t-shirt on under my jumper and a scarf around my neck, the radiator and 2 fan heaters belting out (am in my office at work!):rolleyes: .:eek:

Car was a dream this morning :D - heated front and back windscreens took less than a minute to melt the ice! BLISS!!!

Think I must be sleeping better too as I'm dreaming more - had a most peculiar dream t'other night involving Rod Stewart doing something rather naughty to my chesticles!!!;) :eek: Woke up with a big grin on my face!! lol

Last night I was supposed to go to my book club :rolleyes: but I was so tired, having spent the entire day doing the accounts from 8am to 5pm.. and then more time at home doing PAYE stuff (my heads a mess!) :eek: :confused: that I cried off.

Shame really as I do enjoy it,:eek: but we always have loads to eat and drink and I wasn't going to be driving and it really would have been too tempting this week... for several reasons..

1. It's getting close to "hide the sharp knives" "stick in the earplugs" "be prepared to duck" "no that growling isn't another dog it's just mum" time of the month...

2. I am beginning to dream about food and it is becoming more tempting (God, I want to KILL whoever created that Big Whopper advert for Burger King with all those blokes waving their meat in the air!):eek: :eek: :eek: ;) :p

3. I am longing for AAM week SO much that I weighed out all the raw portions of haddock and turkey and have frozen them in preparation for next week! :eek:

4. I have started to salivate just thinking about the grub I fancy right now!:eek:

So - removing temptation from me, or me from temptation seems to be the best way forward.:eek: I am NOT going to sabotage my life :mad: and undo all my hard work (and it is hard this week).:eek:

I was disappointed with the loss this week, :( and I know that in the lead up to my period (sod calling it TOTM!!!) my weight can fluctuate by as much as 7lbs (which will be soul-destroying but if I keep chanting to myself... "it's only temporary, in a week it will be off and more!" as my mantra evey day... then maybe I will deal with it better!;)

Zoe (my daughter who is living at home with me - as opposed to Sarah who is at Uni)... bought a George Foreman grill on t'internet last night so next weds that's what my turkey will be cooked on!! :D 2oz isn't a lot but hell I'm going to make it last AGES!!!!!!

Already thinking of recipes... have got every damn fat-free dressing on the planet in - and no, I promise not to drink it!! ;)

Well, better get on - hope everyone else is doing ok and having a good week too! This week is definitely a day at a time, and that's ok! Coz let's face it, we can't make time go any quicker no matter how hard we might try!

Happy Thursday all!

Totally cheesed off. :( Woman who bought my old car has written threatening legal action if I won't give her a refund! :eek: I feel physically sick.:( It's not my fault she changed her mind! She's written a pack of lies in a letter about it all so I've taken advice and have to write back (recorded delivery) and tell her where things stand legally.:( Even though I KNOW I am in the right legally, I hate the thought of having to go to court but if that's what it takes then so be it.:confused: I haven't done anything wrong. Feel so down about it all though.:( :( :(

CHIN UP

Tell her to shove it! :mad: You've done nothing out of order - if she's too thick to a) buy a car without test driving it despite seeing it twice before she handed over the dosh and
b) not to clarify whether it had power steering before she bought it then she deserves all she's got. Silly moo:mad:

Take Trading Standards advice and follow it to the letter.
It's a jolly good little car for the age/mileage and very good value - even I know that and I know nuthin' about cars!

Chin up chuck - think of Wednesday - Add-a-Meal nirvana:D :D

Thanks Ailsa - but she's not even mentioned the lack of power steering (which is the REAL reason she doesn't want the car now) :mad: - she's making out I didn't tell her about the door :eek: and I did (while she was in my kitchen - BEFORE she handed over any money!!) AND I talked to her man about it on the phone whilst we were outside BEFORE she got into the damn thing.....and still she took the car - she has made up a complete pack of lies and said I misrepresented the car!! It's an awful letter - says I didn't have a genuine reason to sell it! Basically says I refused to give her a refund and locked myself in my house! It's all utter claptrap!! :mad: :( :( Now she says she thinks there is something I haven't told them so she thinks the car is unsafe!! :eek: :( :( :mad: I can't believe it!! I have never sold a car before and if this is anything to go by I'm damn glad I won't have to again. I only sold my car because I got my new one through the motability scheme... and THAT was my reason for selling. I am so stressed out by this.... I am an honest person and she is making up loads of lies.. I don't want to go to court :( ... but if I have to I shall... :(

It's just horrid.....:( plus she's playing her trump card... her midwife has told her not to drive the car!!!! Since when did a midwife become a mechanic!!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Last edited:
Thanks Ailsa - but she's not even mentioned the lack of power steering (which is the REAL reason she doesn't want the car now) :mad: - she's making out I didn't tell her about the door :eek: and I did (while she was in my kitchen - BEFORE she handed over any money!!) AND I talked to her man about it on the phone whilst we were outside BEFORE she got into the damn thing.....and still she took the car - she has made up a complete pack of lies and said I misrepresented the car!! It's an awful letter - says I didn't have a genuine reason to sell it! Basically says I refused to give her a refund and locked myself in my house! It's all utter claptrap!! :mad: :( :( Now she says she thinks there is something I haven't told them so she thinks the car is unsafe!! :eek: :( :( :mad: I can't believe it!! I have never sold a car before and if this is anything to go by I'm damn glad I won't have to again. I only sold my car because I got my new one through the motability scheme... and THAT was my reason for selling. I am so stressed out by this.... I am an honest person and she is making up loads of lies.. I don't want to go to court :( ... but if I have to I shall... :(

It's just horrid.....:( plus she's playing her trump card... her midwife has told her not to drive the car!!!! Since when did a midwife become a mechanic!!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Hi FFNF,

What an awful lot you are going through...

Here is some information that might help you now?

You have very few legal rights if you have bought the vehicle from a private seller rather than a dealer. The condition under consumer law that the vehicle must be of satisfactory quality does not apply. The only conditions which do apply to private sales are that the vehicle is correctly described, is roadworthy and that the seller has good title (this means that they are the legal owner of the vehicle).

You will only be able to claim against a private seller if:-
  • the vehicle was not as described, see below; or
  • there was a breach of a specific term of the contract, see below; or
  • the seller was a dealer posing as a private seller, see below; or
  • the seller did not have good title to the vehicle, or
  • the vehicle was un-roadworthy.
If you can show that the vehicle did not meet its description the seller will be liable under consumer law, even if the seller believed the description to be true. It will strengthen your claim if you have written proof of the false statement, for example, an advertisement. Verbal false statements are harder to prove, unless someone else was present who can act as a witness.

If the seller makes a specific statement which proves to be false, for example, if they said that the vehicle had a new clutch or one owner from new, you will have grounds for complaint. However, if the seller described the vehicle as immaculate it will be more difficult to complain as the vehicle’s age, make and mileage, and the price paid have to be taken into account. If the seller did not make any statements about the vehicle, you will not be able to claim against the seller.

If the seller fails to do something they specifically agreed to, for example, that certain faults would be fixed or that the vehicle would have an MOT, they will have breached the contract.

If you want to take action against the seller, you will need proof that the seller made a false statement about the vehicle and that the vehicle did not comply with its description at the time of sale. If you have delayed for more than a few weeks or have used the vehicle a lot, this may be almost impossible to prove. An independent report may be able to establish the condition of the vehicle at the time it was sold, but can be expensive (see under heading Establishing the condition of the vehicle when it was sold).

You should complain in writing to the seller and ask for a refund of the money paid for the vehicle or for the cost of the necessary repairs. If this does not succeed, you could sue the seller.

If you are considering suing the seller you should consult an experienced adviser, for example, at a Citizens Advice Bureau. To search for details of your nearest CAB, including those that can give advice by email, click on nearest CAB.

Source: Buying secondhand vehicles

Poxy car buyer - seriously cheesed off now!

I Am the seller. :( It's the Buyer who is causing all the problems by lying.:mad: I, as a seller, followed things to the letter of the law. I got very little sleep last night because of this and spent most of today in tears :( and on the phone trying to get hold of CAB to arrange an appointment:mad: .

I wish I had never sold the car , she is a lovely little car and I only sold her because I got my new one. still very down about it. and tired and cold as central heating packed up tonight after all the flipping lines to British Gas are closed until the morning so sitting here wrapped in a sleeping bag and wearing gloves!:(

Stuck to the diet but am seriously p**sed off.:eek:

Last edited:
Hi FFNF,

Yes I know your the seller, but I was just showing you that she does not have a leg to stand on and she would have a hard time proving it.

Private

If you buy privately, you won't be protected legally if the car doesn't come up to scratch. It's up to you to ask the right questions and have the car thoroughly inspected before you buy.

Source: The AA: Car Buyer's Guide

I personally don't think you have a thing to worry about as it was up to the buyer to check out the car before buying and if she wanted guarantees she should of went through a garage.

Love Mini xxx

Brighter day - day.. um.. 26

Thanks Mini

I'm just being a whiney-ar*ed mare! :eek:

Still.. the weekend improved... I went to a craft fair with my friend Penny and that was lovely (apart from all the amazing food for sale!!)... I found myself sniffing a rameking dish full of chutney!!!!!!:eek:

Bought myself the most gorgeous scarf which I wore in church this morning and without fail, every single person who spoke to me said how lovely it was!:D I love it.. all pastel feathery material... cost £16 but well worth it, practical and beautiful! (just like me!! ROFL :D :D :D )

Date went amazingly well!!!!:eek: :rolleyes: :D :D Seeing him again on the 25th (need to check what time we'll be back from the Birmingham WeMitt meeting !!!!) Already champing at the bit to see him again, BUT, 3 weeks and another stone or thereabouts off and I will feel even better so it's all good.

We're both busy these next 2 weekends... shame really... especially as I would have quite liked a snog on my birthday! lol (and I confess...we did snog and OH MY WORD!! ... very nice!;) ;) ) hee hee

Did wonders for my self-esteem, spent all evening laughing and giggling and behaving like a pair of kids... brilliant! Didn't get home until almost 4 this morning (horrendous 3 hour drive home - should have been 2 tops but it was VERY foggy onthe M40!)

Got a nice text this morning so am glad. Very early days with him, but so far so good and not expecting anything long term but for now, great company and good kissing will do for me!!:D

Diet going great guns... but I am SERIOUSLY cold! Heating not working at all now and the house is bitterly cold. can't find the number for British Gas that I need (I have a service agreement with them) ... last time I was this cold I was camping and wore a pair of my hubbys pants (clean!) as a balaclava (of sorts) in bed!!:p :D

Off to have my tetra now - that's my 3 today done. Then deep hot bath and bed methinks!:)

you are a diamond! :D :D don't worry about the name... I've been called a LOT worse! lololol

They are coming out on Tuesday afternoon! So... off to the CoOp tomorrow for some more thermals (have to be mens as too big for ladies at the moment!).

Tuesday is my weigh-in day too... and the anniversary of my first husbands death... and the day I have an appointment to see the CAB about this stupid car fiasco... and the Church Council Meeting in the evening! So... very mixed feelings about Tuesday - but will concentrate on the positives - ie.... being warm again.... getting weighed... and hopefully being reassured that I have no cause for concern about the car mess!

Thanks again for your help, I rang them right away!

Jennie x

Back